HLC or HDC - Which one is the better option?

Hi everyone (I'm new here, have to say it's a great source of knowledge),

I'm planning an hair transplant in the near future (NW 3 frontal), and after a research these are places I'm considering:

1. HLC

2. HDC

3. Dr. Pekiner

4. Dr De Freitas

Dr De Freitas first available date is May 24, and I wish to do it a lot sooner so probably I won't go for this option.

Regarding Dr. Pekiner, I'm still waiting for his evolution (21 days has passed since I submitted it). He is apparently on the top of my list but I'm still waiting for his answer. (I've also read here that he aborted surgeries if he find miniaturized hair, but it's not makes me concerned to be honest).

The other two option are apparently the most likely ones. I already had consultant with them both and they accept me.

Now let's consider these 2 are the only options - which is better in your option?

My points:

• I have to say I like HLC hairline design more but there're also really impressive HT from HDC of course.
  • I like the fact that it's only doctor operation in HLC.
  • On the other hand I don't like the fact that you don't know which doctor is going to operate on you in HLC (as opposite to HDC - which are recommended HRN doctors).
  • I think that the stick&place HLC using has some advantages over pre-made slits.
  • I prefer that the implanting specifically is done by the doctor (I think it's quite important - but maybe it's just my thought).
  • In this forum I saw a lot more patient threads from HLC. I'm wondering why but it's make me think more people think it's a better option.
    • There're some really great patient results form HLC, but on the other hand there are some threads with subpar results unfortunately.
    • I guess the more patient review are posted, there's higher chance of subpar results too. But I can't say it's not making me wonder.

I would like to hear some opinions.

Thanks,
Idan.

HLC, Pekiner and Freitas are at the same level and they are top options for hairlines. HDC is lower level than the other three. I think on this forum, there are more people going to HLC. In HLC and Pekiner all steps of the procedure are done by doctor (implantation and extraction), which is quite important fact.

I have seen a very bad case from HDC (Dr Maras), which is the following:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

De Freitas & Pekiner are your best bet, high chance you'll get a great result with either. HLC I believe you don't choose which surgeon is designated for your surgery, HDC I don't know. Pekiner is very busy I had to wait a couple weeks for a valuation, this was last year. I believe he's possibly even busier now

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 1/14/2023 at 5:07 AM, BaldGuy said:

HLC, Pekiner and Freitas are at the same level and they are top options for hairlines. HDC is lower level than the other three. I think on this forum, there are more people going to HLC. In HLC and Pekiner all steps of the procedure are done by doctor (implantation and extraction), which is quite important fact.

One case doesn’t define a clinic. There was a recent case from HLC that one could say the same.

The issue I see with HLC is that now they’re doing other cosmetic procedures. Teeth bleaching, BBL, Rhinoplasty. They no longer focus solely on hair. Now, there are some dermatologists that offer other procedures, but the procedures they offer no longer fall within the scope of a dermatologist. 4A6595C0-C7C1-48A8-8AB5-B6CD637AF69B.pngBFD355FB-F2ED-4868-8E27-179BFE581641.png

Now, that is not to say they’re a bad clinic. They have some great results. Ultimately, OP it is up to you and your research. Just know, that every clinic has poor results. One case doesn’t represent a clinic good or bad. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks everyone for your answers.

@Melvin- Moderator

Regarding HLC doing other cosmetics procedures - While I understand the concern, I assume that the surgeons for the other operations are not the 4 ones doing the hair transplantation (and to my understanding at least 2 of them are really experienced).

I also find the fact that HLC has a lot more patient threads "informative" in this comparison.

I tend to go for HLC if the other options won't be feasible but would like to hear some more opinions.

Thanks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

One case doesn’t define a clinic. There was a recent case from HLC that one could say the same.

The issue I see with HLC is that now they’re doing other cosmetic procedures. Teeth bleaching, BBL, Rhinoplasty. They no longer focus solely on hair. Now, there are some dermatologists that offer other procedures, but the procedures they offer no longer fall within the scope of a dermatologist. 4A6595C0-C7C1-48A8-8AB5-B6CD637AF69B.pngBFD355FB-F2ED-4868-8E27-179BFE581641.png

Now, that is not to say they’re a bad clinic. They have some great results. Ultimately, OP it is up to you and your research. Just know, that every clinic has poor results. One case doesn’t represent a clinic good or bad. 

The doctors performing other procedures do not touch hair transplants and Vice versa. I believe there are 4 doctors that are led by Dr. ozgur and the only thing they do is hair transplants.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

The doctors performing other procedures do not touch hair transplants and Vice versa. I believe there are 4 doctors that are led by Dr. ozgur and the only thing they do is hair transplants.

If a clinic starts performing a variety of surgeries this should raise some concern. Even if there are dedicated hair transplant surgeons doing hair. Their focus is no longer on hair. That doesn’t mean they’re bad, but certainly a surgeon who focuses solely on hair is preferable in my opinion.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Idan said:

Thanks everyone for your answers.

@Melvin- Moderator

Regarding HLC doing other cosmetics procedures - While I understand the concern, I assume that the surgeons for the other operations are not the 4 ones doing the hair transplantation (and to my understanding at least 2 of them are really experienced).

I also find the fact that HLC has a lot more patient threads "informative" in this comparison.

I tend to go for HLC if the other options won't be feasible but would like to hear some more opinions.

Thanks.

I agree with that. I would also select HLC. 

HLC is a well known clinic and it produces high quality and natural results.

The known doctors of HLC are only doing hair transplants. And if other doctors who are not doing hair transplants are doing the other cosmetic procedures, I don’t think that’s a problem at all as soon as the 4 standard doctors of HLC just do and focus at the hair transplants

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If a clinic starts performing a variety of surgeries this should raise some concern. Even if there are dedicated hair transplant surgeons doing hair. Their focus is no longer on hair. That doesn’t mean they’re bad, but certainly a surgeon who focuses solely on hair is preferable in my opinion.

Gonna respectfully disagree on that one. It’s like saying a company like Honda isn’t gonna make a good car because another division decided to design and manufacture motorcycles so their main focus isn’t automobiles any longer. The doctors are totally separate in terms of all the work and research they do.

HLC has been and remains a hub for training in hair transplantation and other topics/procedures such as SMP. Even Dr. Bisanga has gone to their facility and led training and presented at their facility for FUE Europe events. Imo HLC is probably one of the most advanced clinics in all of Turkey.

Don’t forget, some of the best clinics in the world that are recommended here also specialize in facial plastics.

• Thanks 2

I went to HLC and had a fantastic result and it's well documented on here.

That said, I think De Freitas has the best hairlines from any clinic at any price. I have a total man crush on his work. He'll cost about 1 euro/graft more, or something like that. 

And I agree with Melvin on the notion that isn't a "hair only" clinic. I think it takes away from the focus. But the HLC building is 3 stories (or maybe 4?). So the other floors are for the facial cosmetic stuff. The top floor is all hair and yeah, the hair doctors only do hair.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Firstly, I would like to say that the photo on the link by Baldguy is the result of this patient’s surgery in the UK. This is why you can see these big follicular groups on the hairline. In addition, the final result of this case was never revealed from the patient.

Secondly you can evaluate a Clinic and/or Doctor from his posted results. On the link below, we present HDC’s last 24 posted results in this forum. Idan and other interested patients can see these results and compare them with the corresponding ones from any other doctor. This will make an objective evaluation of doctor quality.

Hair Transplants HDC - HDC's message to the Hair Loss Sufferer (hairtransplants-hdc.com)

• Thanks 1

Giuseppe Grezzi 

Representative of HDC Hair Clinic and  Head  Hair transplant Technician

Email : giuseppe@hdc.com.cy    Whatapp +357 97 741250   HDC Whatsapp +357 99 205741

On 1/14/2023 at 3:07 PM, BaldGuy said:

Ohh I feel sorry for this guy that had this bad result from HDC…That’s indeed a bad case from HDC and dr maras. Thanks for Sharing this. 

• Like 1