Dr Buchwach: 2350 FUE Grafts

8 minutes ago, ThunderToast said:

Had my procedure with Buchwach this week.  Not sure I want to post photos yet but it went really well.  Very efficient staff and the SmartGraft technican was very impressive.  Only 1100 grafts so it was quick.  Donor and Recipient areas are healing well. I was out before lunchtime so they bagged up their homemade lunch to take with me!

Congrats! That dude was one of the first to train on the machine. Super knowledgeable. 

12 minutes ago, airporteffect said:

Congrats! That dude was one of the first to train on the machine. Super knowledgeable. 

Yes!  That's what he and I were talking about.  I asked how it was going through different stages and he said it was going extremely well and I had good density.  The placement techs were good too.  1143 total grafts.  The hairline was designed conservatively for my age.  I'm 48. No real swelling yet on day 2.  We didn't get into any temporal point work as mine is decent. 

Edited by ThunderToast

51 minutes ago, ThunderToast said:

Yes!  That's what he and I were talking about.  I asked how it was going through different stages and he said it was going extremely well and I had good density.  The placement techs were good too.  1143 total grafts.  The hairline was designed conservatively for my age.  I'm 48. No real swelling yet on day 2.  We didn't get into any temporal point work as mine is decent. 

Yeah, my temples were all gone hahaha.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, airporteffect said:

Yeah, my temples were all gone hahaha.

I'm looking forward to day 10 or so when things are somewhat back to normal on the "feel" of the donor and recipient areas.  I'm just laying low for a couple of weeks now working from my home office.  We did not shave my head.  Just about an inch drop in hair line all the way across.  

On 7/27/2023 at 3:02 PM, ThunderToast said:

I'm looking forward to day 10 or so when things are somewhat back to normal on the "feel" of the donor and recipient areas.  I'm just laying low for a couple of weeks now working from my home office.  We did not shave my head.  Just about an inch drop in hair line all the way across.  

Nice, I still have redness but am prone to it. You should track your journey!

On 3/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, airporteffect said:

I did not. I know one of Buchwach's other patients that I've been chatting with on Reddit also got it. When I initially called in to discuss medical therapy for it he also said he had been helping a few other patients with the same problem that week as well.

Folliculitis is caused by the shaving of your head. It’s when a growing hair is bent downward and stops the oil from naturally seeping into your skin. The skin becomes infected and hence you get the small pimples. Let the hair grow at this stage. 

Men who shave their faces everyday get it a lot.

Your results are great btw, I’ll be going to Buchwach as well. He’s been very good in the consultation phase.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 1:30 PM, tonightisthenight said:

Folliculitis is caused by the shaving of your head. It’s when a growing hair is bent downward and stops the oil from naturally seeping into your skin. The skin becomes infected and hence you get the small pimples. Let the hair grow at thiMen who shave their faces everyday get it a lot.

Your results are great btw, I’ll be going to Buchwach as well. He’s been very good in the consultation phase.

Nice!  Really liked his staff. 

53 minutes ago, ThunderToast said:

@airporteffect, I'm on day 8 which is "gently massage the scabs day" per our Buchwach documentation.   How did that go for you?  I did it this morning but did not make much progress.  

I couldn't resist so I gently massaged the scabs away on day 6. I soaked them in a nice conditioner for 45mins and then massaged them all off.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, airporteffect said:

I couldn't resist so I gently massaged the scabs away on day 6. I soaked them in a nice conditioner for 45mins and then massaged them all off.

Okay, good deal.  I'll give it another go tmrw with the conditioner on longer. 

17 hours ago, tonightisthenight said:

Very impressive. Are you shaving the back and sides for styling or you’re worried on the density in those areas? 

Stylistic though I’ve never liked how the sides looked with shorter cuts given to how fine my hair is in general.

• Administrators
On 8/12/2023 at 11:47 AM, airporteffect said:

7 months:

IMG_3690.thumb.jpeg.b11a098ef8034f1779fe93b14679ba8b.jpeg

IMG_3695.thumb.jpeg.edba73e44b39a8496ba64a17e6fbe6f5.jpeg

IMG_3692.thumb.jpeg.ae99a3248a6fdd3ffe8fcafd111fcf9a.jpeg

IMG_3693.thumb.jpeg.b2859b7c292e75bc14ebb7ccbeed0126.jpeg

IMG_3694.thumb.jpeg.1ea68d697e9dadea058f29d03702c958.jpeg

Looks good man 👍🏼 haven’t heard much of this doctor, but this is good work.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks good man 👍🏼 haven’t heard much of this doctor, but this is good work.

Yeah man, I had my hesitations but the publications that he did with Konior in the 90s and some reviews from others (who didn’t document anything) was enough to take a swing. Super happy so far.