Eugenix: No wonder people are confused!

• I've noticed some confusion on the site with the Eugenix tiered packages.
  • @EricEdwards kindly put up a spec. for each package (see below).
  • The reason for part of the confusion is the package naming.(The level of doctor involvement is another)
  • The 5 packages are 1. Comprehensive, 2. Exclusive, 3. Premium, 4. Super premium, 5. Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package
  • It doesn't follow logical progression. In English, Premium doesn't not imply superiority over Exclusive
  • Suggestion: 1. Bronze, 2. Silver, 3. Gold, 4. Platinum, 5. Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package.

It's not a dig at Eugenix, they have grown very quickly and the list has evolved as packages have been added rather than designed from the start. 

It's a new year, perhaps an opportunity to look at the list with fresh eyes?

The current packages are as follows:

1 Comprehensive Package

Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT either Doctors Mona Lisa, Doctor Vinita or Doctor Anil.

All have similar experience - 1 year plus experience with Eugenix and over 500 surgeries each.

75 Indian Rupees +18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by their Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor

2 Exclusive Package - Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT Dr Somesh

120 Indian rubles +18% tax

Doctor Somesh has approximately 3 years experience with Eugenix and over 1400 surgeries.

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Senior Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

3 Premium Package

Procedure Lead By – Dr Priyadarshini Das

Cost Per Graft – 210 Indian Rupees + 18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Priyadarshini Das and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

4 Super Premium Package with Dr Arika Bansal/Founding Surgeon

Procedure Lead By – Dr Arika Bansal

Cost Per Graft – INR 350 + 18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Arika Bansal and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the doctor.

5 Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package

Based on the complexity of the case and Dr Sethi’s availability

Dr Pradeep Sethi will decide his involvement based on the complexity of the case [subject to approval and availability] 

All of the above exclude the required blood tests which cost an additional INR 4000-5000 +18% Tax (€70 approximately).

Edited by NikosHair
  • Like 3
  • Well Done 1

22 minutes ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

And to be clear those blood tests can be done in india if you are there a week prior. If not, you gotta do it at your country 2 weeks prior ur surgery

That's cheap for the tests but a slow turnaround.

I wonder if they could have an expedited service with a 24hr turnaround (?)

Even at additional cost it would be a useful option.

How'd you feel about the package naming?

Room for improvement?

4 hours ago, NikosHair said:

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Arika Bansal and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the doctor.

So the cheapest option that would include a "founding surgeon", is around the price of 5USD? They are taking a piss it seems, especially when you consider the fact that the results they put out have been going down in quality for a while now. I dont even understand who is this pricing for? Certainly not for indians, europeans, asians or african people. Funny stuff, eugenix seems to not be a decent option anymore. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NikosHair said:

It doesn't follow logical progression. In English, Premium doesn't not imply superiority over Exclusive

I wouldn’t get caught up in the wording of the packages, there is quite a different mentality culturally when it comes to marketing in this region of the world compared to western markets - everything tends to be glossed with these sorts of adjectives. Just focus on the names of the dr’s and look at their results. 

For packages where it stipulates Dr’s will decide their level of involvement based on the case, I would suggest once both parties are happy with this, having it confirmed in writing before pursuing anything on the surgery table. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

I wouldn’t get caught up in the wording of the packages, there is quite a different mentality culturally when it comes to marketing in this region of the world compared to western markets - everything tends to be glossed with these sorts of adjectives. Just focus on the names of the dr’s and look at their results. 

Good point.

If Eugenix manufactured condoms, you know their range of sizes would be 1. Massive 2. Huge 3. Gargantuan 4. Monstrous 5. Dr Sethi's special😊

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, nicoandgello said:

So the cheapest option that would include a "founding surgeon", is around the price of 5USD? They are taking a piss it seems, especially when you consider the fact that the results they put out have been going down in quality for a while now. I dont even understand who is this pricing for? Certainly not for indians, europeans, asians or african people. Funny stuff, eugenix seems to not be a decent option anymore. 

Scary stuff reading this. They quoted aprox 4.5 USD for Dr Bansal to me. 
Where else would you recommend for high norwoods and diffused thinning on Indian/Asian hair?

Certainly not for indians, europeans, asians or african people.

seems like this comment is directed at Americans. Not sure why you think Americans have more buying power than Europeans. Most of our income goes to health insurance, guns, crypto and McDonalds. 

Plus the euro is doing a lot better than the dollar, which inherently means that Europeans are getting a better deal in India when compared to Americans

Edited by HappyMan2021

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

I wouldn’t get caught up in the wording of the packages, there is quite a different mentality culturally when it comes to marketing in this region of the world compared to western markets - everything tends to be glossed with these sorts of adjectives.

I would say the Western world does have a similar mentality, just not when it comes to healthcare. What immediately comes to mind is how every single apartment complex in America uses the adjective "luxury" to describe it. 

I haven't seen much of a decline in quality from them on these forums. Has there been bad cases elsewhere like Reddit? Not being confrontational. I'm just trying to be careful as I'm considering them for repair surgery and don't want to have any regrets. 

13 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I haven't seen much of a decline in quality from them on these forums. Has there been bad cases elsewhere like Reddit? Not being confrontational. I'm just trying to be careful as I'm considering them for repair surgery and don't want to have any regrets. 

I recall seeing donor areas looking over harvested on a few recent threads, but I cannot find them now when I search in the forum's archives.

I think if you go with Dr. Sethi you should feel confident in the result being good, for the others I cannot speak since I haven't seen enough results.

Edited by asterix0

7 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Curious why you are considering Eugenix for a repair? 

I've seen good things from them on this forum and they also seem to specialize in beard and nape hair, which is important for me as I need to maximize the remaining grafts in my donor area. Are they not good for repairs?

2 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

I recall seeing donor areas looking over harvested on a few recent threads, but I cannot find them now when I search in the forum's archives.

I think if you go with Dr. Sethi you should feel confident in the result being good, for the others I cannot speak since I haven't seen enough results.

Interesting. Have those threads been deleted? When I was consulting with Eugenix representatives, they kept pushing for me to go with Dr. Bansal. Seems like Sethi usually works on more difficult or special cases.

35 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

I've seen good things from them on this forum and they also seem to specialize in beard and nape hair, which is important for me as I need to maximize the remaining grafts in my donor area. Are they not good for repairs?

i'm unaware that Eugenix billed itself as a repair clinic. If your issue is "simply" low yield/low graft count, then they possibly could be good. No different than being a high norwood 1st timer in that regard. But if you have scarring or bad angles, I'm unaware that they are good in that regard. In general I'd be a bit concerned as repairs really need a lot of TLC and a personalized plan of attack - Eugenix just seems way too high traffic. 

The best repair docs seem to be in Europe, but of course that will cost tens of thousands dollars more than Eugenix. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

30 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

A few of them were people jumping the gun, and overreacting. There was 1 or 2 in the past 6 months where it seemed over harvested. And they were done by dr bansal. 

quality of work has been fine, just those few. 

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

7 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

i'm unaware that Eugenix billed itself as a repair clinic. If your issue is "simply" low yield/low graft count, then they possibly could be good. No different than being a high norwood 1st timer in that regard. But if you have scarring or bad angles, I'm unaware that they are good in that regard. In general I'd be a bit concerned as repairs really need a lot of TLC and a personalized plan of attack - Eugenix just seems way high traffic. 

The best repair docs seem to be in Europe, but of course that will cost tens of thousands dollars more than Eugenix. 

Good point, thanks. I've consulted with Mwamba as well and his pricing would pretty much be the same as Eugenix if I go with Dr. Bansal. I'm not too sold on Mwamba from recent cases I saw and communication with them hasn't been too easy. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AlexMeister21 said:

Interesting. Have those threads been deleted? When I was consulting with Eugenix representatives, they kept pushing for me to go with Dr. Bansal. Seems like Sethi usually works on more difficult or special cases.

I had same issue despite asking for Sethi. Felt pressured to pick Bansal ONLY. 

37 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

Do you have any thoughts on Dr Bansal?

9 hours ago, NikosHair said:
  • I've noticed some confusion on the site with the Eugenix tiered packages.
  • @EricEdwards kindly put up a spec. for each package (see below).
  • The reason for part of the confusion is the package naming.(The level of doctor involvement is another)
  • The 5 packages are 1. Comprehensive, 2. Exclusive, 3. Premium, 4. Super premium, 5. Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package
  • It doesn't follow logical progression. In English, Premium doesn't not imply superiority over Exclusive
  • Suggestion: 1. Bronze, 2. Silver, 3. Gold, 4. Platinum, 5. Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package.

It's not a dig at Eugenix, they have grown very quickly and the list has evolved as packages have been added rather than designed from the start. 

It's a new year, perhaps an opportunity to look at the list with fresh eyes?

The current packages are as follows:

1 Comprehensive Package

Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT either Doctors Mona Lisa, Doctor Vinita or Doctor Anil.

All have similar experience - 1 year plus experience with Eugenix and over 500 surgeries each.

75 Indian Rupees +18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by their Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor

2 Exclusive Package - Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT Dr Somesh

120 Indian rubles +18% tax

Doctor Somesh has approximately 3 years experience with Eugenix and over 1400 surgeries.

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Senior Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

3 Premium Package

Procedure Lead By – Dr Priyadarshini Das

Cost Per Graft – 210 Indian Rupees + 18% Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Priyadarshini Das and further assisted by the Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

5 Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package

Based on the complexity of the case and Dr Sethi’s availability

Dr Pradeep Sethi will decide his involvement based on the complexity of the case [subject to approval and availability] 

All of the above exclude the required blood tests which cost an additional INR 4000-5000 +18% Tax (€70 approximately).

I received the information via WhatsApp from Eugenix and therefore have no spec. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Glassbuildingoffice said:

I had same issue despite asking for Sethi. Felt pressured to pick Bansal ONLY. 

Do you have any thoughts on Dr Bansal?

If you can get Sethi, definitely go with that. He’s truly elite. While Eugenix is generally quite good, Sethi is a cut above the rest imo. 

Some of the issues I’ve seen from Eugenix stem from rushed planning. Sethi’s procedures seem to be more meticulous in planning, though that may be because he takes on more complex situations.

1 hour ago, BaldingEagle1 said:

A few of them were people jumping the gun, and overreacting. There was 1 or 2 in the past 6 months where it seemed over harvested. And they were done by dr bansal. 

quality of work has been fine, just those few. 

Would you mind taking some recent pictures of your donor? I see that you recently went to Eugenix.