How many grafts?

Hi everyone. I am slightly confused because I have received a quote for 1200 grafts, one for 1500 grafts, one for 1500-2000 grafts, one for 2000 grafts and finally one for 2000-2500 grafts.

My aim is to reduce the areas of recession in a relatively conservative manner (ie I don’t mind a bit of recession and I don’t require the hairline to be lowered) while producing high density/volume.

How many grafts do you think I need?

2EDED427-E47D-452D-A6BA-93EE07D2C442.jpeg

@RecedingSebs,

Every physician has a unique philosophy and methodology on transplanting hair.  As a result, it’s not abnormal to receive various graft estimates when you visit several different surgeons.

Likewise, asking for graft estimates from patient members of this discussion forum will likely produce a number of various opinions on how many grafts people think you need.

instead of getting hung up on the numbers, my advice to you would be to research and narrow your selection down to a couple surgeons who impress you the most based on their proven ability of producing outstanding results regardless of numbers.  Then, once you’ve selected a surgeon, you’ll feel confident about their estimate and know that you’ll get the best result possible.

Below are some tips on how to narrow down your selection and actually choosing the best surgeon for you.

How to Select an outstanding hair transplant surgeon. 

1.  Start by looking at the surgeons recommended by this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended by this community have met a demanding set of standards and are approved based on meeting those high standards.  Many online hair surgeon memberships don’t have any criteria other than to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met an even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst a list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with. Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than because of cost or location.

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum and others to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and their patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. Come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I’ve created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help coming up with a list of good questions, please let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

@RecedingSebs 2k grafts should be good. Trying contacting good clinics, check this forum out. 
On the contrary, you can share your donor picture as well, love to see it. Hairline is good where it is right now, already looks close to the glabella. I think 6.5cm-7cm right now? 

• Like 1

Need measurement of your hairline to your eyebrows, around 2000-2500 grafts, how deep behind the hairline the surgeon can go without hurting natural hair, you can do both conservative or more youthful hairline.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

As per the other thread you opened on the subject.

Draw the outline of where you want your hairline to be. 'Relatively conservative' means different things to different people.

This will help people to understand your expectations and provide their opinion.

Everyone about seems to be correct. The area would be around 2k. maybe more, depending on thickness and a few other things.

This is something to consider also. The hair you transplant from the back to the front will be more permanent than the hair you have currently on the front middle. You must think about 10, 20 30 years from now. It is possible that the hair will recede and you have these 2 patches of more permanent hair still there. And the hair you currently have has receded.

I'm not good at typing and explaining stuff. Hope that helps. The clinic you go to should explain better.