Fuecapilar Dr Gur. Norwood 5 progressing into 6. 3141 grafts

adert

On 7/28/2023 at 6:51 PM, GoliGoliGoli said:

This area can be seen to be quite thin in one of the first set of pics you posted.

I'm kind of surprised, for 3100 grafts you guys tried to cover a very large area. Even still, I would have expected better yield at this point. You still do have lots of time left to grow though. What was the discussion like when you and Gur were planning the surgery? Did you request you wanted the 3100 grafts spread out to give some density all over? 

Yes, it was 3100 grafts and around 7400 hairs. Dr Gur told me that the plan is that i will have the same density in the middle like on the side. No i did not request to spread all over.

On 7/27/2023 at 2:38 PM, ScottishGuy21 said:

Have you reached out to Gurs clinic recently?

This does seem a little sparse for the amount of grafts. Yes it’s a large area and may have needed a second pass anyway but I’d also be inclined to say at this stage there should be more noticeable progress in the frontal region.

Yes, they told me that it is my fault that i did not take finasteride. 

I feel pretty sad about this operation. Thank you guys for your comments.  I was thinking to take couple months finasteride, then stop before our plans, and take it again. Do u think it make sense with some break between?

1 hour ago, adert said:

Yes, it was 3100 grafts and around 7400 hairs. Dr Gur told me that the plan is that i will have the same density in the middle like on the side. No i did not request to spread all over.

I feel pretty sad about this operation. Thank you guys for your comments.  I was thinking to take couple months finasteride, then stop before our plans, and take it again. Do u think it make sense with some break between?

Maybe @FUECAPILAR could give some explanations about the progress of your result so far. 

2 hours ago, adert said:

I don't think it's the surgical plan that is the main issue here, but the yield from the transplant. I had pretty much exactly the same graft number as you and mine were transplanted across my scalp. I did have less loss in the crown but the frontal 3rd was almost identical.

I would be trying to ascertain how much grew and why it wasn't a great yield before proceeding with any more surgery

• Administrators

Keep the clinic in the loop. There’s still time for improvement, don’t lose hope.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Valued Contributor

@aderti think this can be both ...poor planning plus less survival rate

Initially i thought this can be just poor planning and they should not have spread the grafts this much but after seeing the latest pictures i can see even your hairline isn't fully grown and that is an indication of survival issue....even if you didn't took finasteride your transplanted hairs should have been grown ...

9 hours ago, adert said:

Do u think it make sense with some break between?

No this doesn't make any sense..medication has to be taken religiously without a break or else you will start loosing the gains you have made 

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 12/27/2022 at 8:17 PM, adert said:

Hello everybody, it is my first post here and i see that there are more and more topics coming about dr Gur.

As i am directly after op and do not feel like to sleep I would like to share my own experience with the clinic because this forum helped me to find him. Just to make a disclaimer, it is not paid review or none told me to do this and i am gonna be honest about the journey.

I am 32 years old and i am losing hair since 7-8 years  I was diagnosed by Dr. Gur with Norwood 5 progressing into Norwood 6.

There were 2 packages.

1. Vip package price 1.5 euro for 1 graft. Dr Gur design und analyse, all grafts extraction and open all channels

2: 

3000 euro, without Dr Gur all grafts extraction also with consultation design and opening of channels

I have chosen Vip package as it was my first time for the op so i wanted that everything goes right. 

I had to have my operation on the 19th December but my flight to Istanbul was canceled so i got still possibility to do it on the 27th.

So the atmoshere in the clinic translator was very nice and i felt good taken care of.

First consultation, analyse of the hair, my donor area was allright. We made hair line. 

Looked similar like this consultation photo.

As i remember 2200 grafts infront and the rest behind, crone will not be filled. 6F9BA83C-C35D-4801-9294-AD5CD1969C38.jpeg.a216d3326c1ddece66c8ff7dd8d14e3a.jpeg

Operation went smoothly, got blood test and then anasthesie began. This was the most painful part as it went several times, i had to scream and squeeze strong balls that they gave me. After that no pain at all, till again anasthesie before channel opening and a little pain for moment during hair putting.  Between got some food and small rest. Operation went like 7-8 hours together and 3141 grafts were transplanted.

Here are photos before op:2EF21C85-DF6A-4CCB-B7B1-BC8F79A27E0C.thumb.png.268007ec3edc5f3633529c3e5f985468.pngB05B27BB-FA9E-44D6-BBE3-5313E41F0D9E.thumb.png.8bec92f2269082d4ba03e766ca07672d.pngC0088814-C831-4EEB-A776-7593739D3EB3.jpeg.bd991d516198deba5993d914d1e09d83.jpeg

Directly after op:

26373155-D86F-4A65-9444-3934D2AD3B28.thumb.jpeg.6071afc6e4d8485c283f7dcdf00d04f3.jpeg7EEA6CE6-EA9E-4DC1-8AD6-3C4B35FFAB49.thumb.jpeg.a22c3480c7e225ef1235e84ecf94075a.jpeg

At the end of operation got some antibiotic, painkiller in case of pain + pillow to sleep in good position.

I have not experienced any pain this night so i did not take any painkillers.

People in Clinic were very friendly, sympathic and mood was very nice.

I am looking forward to see which effects the operation will bring

having my surgery in august. how long before you surgery did they send you the schedule? 

8 hours ago, Chemoman said:

having my surgery in august. how long before you surgery did they send you the schedule? 

If your flight and hotel are already confirmed with them, I got my schedule 2 days before but had to ask for it. They told me more details the day before 

• 3 months later...
On 8/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, A_4_Archan said:

@aderti think this can be both ...poor planning plus less survival rate

Initially i thought this can be just poor planning and they should not have spread the grafts this much but after seeing the latest pictures i can see even your hairline isn't fully grown and that is an indication of survival issue....even if you didn't took finasteride your transplanted hairs should have been grown ...

No this doesn't make any sense..medication has to be taken religiously without a break or else you will start loosing the gains you have made 

As for the finasteride, if taking 1 mg daily for a period of many months, and then stopping, the finasteride will remain at the level of the hair follicle for 1-2 months because of buildup, so technically a 2 month break can be done without losing any hair status at all. For the whole pregnancy thing, you'd need to stop more than 2 months in advance and stay off for more than 2 months, to ensure all finasteride is out of the system for sure. If wanting to do that.

OP, it indeed appears like a poor yield to me. Not sure why. I don't think anyone ever really knows why this happens in some cases. Any update since?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cap2020th said:

now i am hesitated to sign up Dr Gu, i am nw6/7, i feel you wasted your money per pictures

We have no info on why is may have happened. The work itself looks very good so it seems to be low odds that the failure to yield is a direct result of anything Gur did or didn't do. Would like to know more theories but I doubt OP knows either.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

yes, your crown is dipping and expanding. you will lose the hair and go bald in this area. the hair ovrr that area will go too

ive seen it with several people

Is there any specific reason for not adding any grafts to the crown at all? Noob here 😅

On 1/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, McTickles said:

I'll be there the week of March 21.  Let me know if you'll be around.

Hi, did you end up going with Dr. Gur? If so how did it turn out?

I went with Dr Gur 10 months ago, and remember this post worrying me a bit as I was aiming at a similar amount of grafts at a similar state of loss.

10 months in and I'm very satisfied. I plan to make a post at 12 months with the final results, but no regrets from going to Gur for me. Only using topical fin too

• Like 2