Fuecapilar Dr Gur. Norwood 5 progressing into 6. 3141 grafts

adert

Hello everybody, it is my first post here and i see that there are more and more topics coming about dr Gur.

As i am directly after op and do not feel like to sleep I would like to share my own experience with the clinic because this forum helped me to find him. Just to make a disclaimer, it is not paid review or none told me to do this and i am gonna be honest about the journey.

I am 32 years old and i am losing hair since 7-8 years  I was diagnosed by Dr. Gur with Norwood 5 progressing into Norwood 6.

There were 2 packages.

1. Vip package price 1.5 euro for 1 graft. Dr Gur design und analyse, all grafts extraction and open all channels

2: 

3000 euro, without Dr Gur all grafts extraction also with consultation design and opening of channels

I have chosen Vip package as it was my first time for the op so i wanted that everything goes right. 

I had to have my operation on the 19th December but my flight to Istanbul was canceled so i got still possibility to do it on the 27th.

So the atmoshere in the clinic translator was very nice and i felt good taken care of.

First consultation, analyse of the hair, my donor area was allright. We made hair line. 

Looked similar like this consultation photo.

As i remember 2200 grafts infront and the rest behind, crone will not be filled. 6F9BA83C-C35D-4801-9294-AD5CD1969C38.jpeg.a216d3326c1ddece66c8ff7dd8d14e3a.jpeg

Operation went smoothly, got blood test and then anasthesie began. This was the most painful part as it went several times, i had to scream and squeeze strong balls that they gave me. After that no pain at all, till again anasthesie before channel opening and a little pain for moment during hair putting.  Between got some food and small rest. Operation went like 7-8 hours together and 3141 grafts were transplanted.

Here are photos before op:2EF21C85-DF6A-4CCB-B7B1-BC8F79A27E0C.thumb.png.268007ec3edc5f3633529c3e5f985468.pngB05B27BB-FA9E-44D6-BBE3-5313E41F0D9E.thumb.png.8bec92f2269082d4ba03e766ca07672d.pngC0088814-C831-4EEB-A776-7593739D3EB3.jpeg.bd991d516198deba5993d914d1e09d83.jpeg

Directly after op:

26373155-D86F-4A65-9444-3934D2AD3B28.thumb.jpeg.6071afc6e4d8485c283f7dcdf00d04f3.jpeg7EEA6CE6-EA9E-4DC1-8AD6-3C4B35FFAB49.thumb.jpeg.a22c3480c7e225ef1235e84ecf94075a.jpeg

At the end of operation got some antibiotic, painkiller in case of pain + pillow to sleep in good position.

I have not experienced any pain this night so i did not take any painkillers.

People in Clinic were very friendly, sympathic and mood was very nice.

I am looking forward to see which effects the operation will bring

• Like 3

• Administrators

I’ll be following this thread closely, quite a bit of grafts. I’ve seen great work from Dr. Gur. Happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, foxtrotwanderer said:

Welcome mate and thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing your journey. Could you advise us about your medical therapy? Have you used prior to your HT or will you use after your HT: Minoxidil, Fin/Dut, micro needling, Keto shampoo etc?

Thank you everyone for your comments. No i have not used prior any medicinal help. I got from Dr. Gur some shampoo, foam and salt water to clean + antibiotics but i want to use minoxidil.

Today i found out that my circulation on the skin is not so good and had different color so i got coraspin for circulation and should observe it and send photo every day.

Here are the photos one day after

BC1A4B1D-92F6-4B08-82CE-BD61075082E0.thumb.jpeg.d70db4e3ad5d0de623051d9e778e2e35.jpeg5A309AF2-61ED-4525-82FE-BF6AA6B972DB.thumb.jpeg.f1bc57d183a5499ea23f324f8bea1300.jpegD806EB89-0C66-4A79-824F-C9A4ED789DB4.thumb.jpeg.b4d6181abb64e0cede1dea2b8e9372d8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/20/2023 at 2:02 PM, Gobrel said:

Looks great. I also put down my deposit. Looking forward.

Is the anesthesia really that painful?

Yes, for me it was very painful as it goes a lot of times, you have something to squeeze so it helps a bit.

Guys, what do you think. Is it normal to have less hair there on this spot?

49B87B05-4A9C-4F4F-8E03-5D9361368EB1.jpeg

NW6 here, going to him in March.  I'm getting pretty much the same as you.  Op is on a Tues and I decided to stay until Sat to give grafts a chance lock in some before flying back to the US.

How was he about irregularities in the hairline, did he discuss that at all with you?

Any other advice, especially regarding hanging around that hotel for several days afterwards?  Is room service decent / affordable?

Thanks,

Aaron

7 hours ago, McTickles said:

NW6 here, going to him in March.  I'm getting pretty much the same as you.  Op is on a Tues and I decided to stay until Sat to give grafts a chance lock in some before flying back to the US.

How was he about irregularities in the hairline, did he discuss that at all with you?

Any other advice, especially regarding hanging around that hotel for several days afterwards?  Is room service decent / affordable?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi McTickles

I am probably going to schedule with him as well.  Was March first available?  When in March was it? What Hotel?  Whats he charging?

I have had a hair transplant before and trust me, if you're like me you're going to be nervous as hell about every movement you make for the first week or so after the operation - until the graphs are more permanent.  So personally, if you want some time to do sightseeing it would make sense to do it before because after the procedure you really are not going to want to run around the city.  My first week, I still got around but you want to keep it really low key.  So I'd just go home afterwards where at least your in your own space and spend that extra time - before- the procedure, looking around the city.  Sitting around the hotel for 4 days seems boring, but that's just me. The main reason I'm going with Gur or Truan is they seem to have a lot of positive comments on this forum and the facebook forum and they both have lots before/after (so I guess Im less concerned about some of the specifics and am just hoping the consultation goes positive).  Dr.  Gur for whatever reason , more pics, are more on his Instagram page and none really on the FueCapilar page which i find quite odd being he is part of the practice.  

23 hours ago, McTickles said:

Thanks,

Aaron

When in March? I will also go there mid march? Maybe we can grab a coffee. I plan to stay 3 days after the transplanation. I even consider to buy a Nintendo Switch or Steam Deck to have something for the spare time.

On 1/22/2023 at 12:07 PM, RayUK said:

Looking good. I'm also considering Gur

Do you know what punch size was used for extractions? 

No, i don’t know.

On 1/22/2023 at 7:37 PM, McTickles said:

Thanks,

Aaron

Cool, i had till now good experience and i am looking forward what will happen in some months.

Yes, he asked about hairline, and he preferred to do modest one.  Hotel the one that they recommend is close to clinic and is nice and comfortable. 

I think it was 85 euro per night with breakfast. Breakfast is simple and quite limited. 

In this area there is not many stuff to do as it is business place.  I am also foodie person and they have some home places but if you want to try different tasty food will be difficult, i had some bad experience with the fish restaurant nearby. Also if you want to walk around it is not the best.

I would recommend you to come some days before if you want to visit Istanbul and stay in the old city or Taksim. 

Happy growing. Looks great work from dr Gur with a nice conservative design of hairline due to your higher Norwood.  
Of course you will need a second surgery as you have a huge area to cover. All the best. I will be following. 

On 1/22/2023 at 6:36 PM, FloridaToTurkey said:

Hi McTickles

I am probably going to schedule with him as well.  Was March first available?  When in March was it? What Hotel?  Whats he charging?

I have had a hair transplant before and trust me, if you're like me you're going to be nervous as hell about every movement you make for the first week or so after the operation - until the graphs are more permanent.  So personally, if you want some time to do sightseeing it would make sense to do it before because after the procedure you really are not going to want to run around the city.  My first week, I still got around but you want to keep it really low key.  So I'd just go home afterwards where at least your in your own space and spend that extra time - before- the procedure, looking around the city.  Sitting around the hotel for 4 days seems boring, but that's just me. The main reason I'm going with Gur or Truan is they seem to have a lot of positive comments on this forum and the facebook forum and they both have lots before/after (so I guess Im less concerned about some of the specifics and am just hoping the consultation goes positive).  Dr.  Gur for whatever reason , more pics, are more on his Instagram page and none really on the FueCapilar page which i find quite odd being he is part of the practice.  

March was first available for me (in December).  OPs quote is the same as mine, we're very similar although I'll have a couple hundred more grafts.

On 1/23/2023 at 10:04 AM, Gobrel said:

When in March? I will also go there mid march? Maybe we can grab a coffee. I plan to stay 3 days after the transplanation. I even consider to buy a Nintendo Switch or Steam Deck to have something for the spare time.

I'll be there the week of March 21.  Let me know if you'll be around.

On 1/22/2023 at 8:25 AM, adert said:

Yes, for me it was very painful as it goes a lot of times, you have something to squeeze so it helps a bit.

Guys, what do you think. Is it normal to have less hair there on this spot?

49B87B05-4A9C-4F4F-8E03-5D9361368EB1.jpeg

yes, your crown is dipping and expanding. you will lose the hair and go bald in this area. the hair ovrr that area will go too

ive seen it with several people

• Like 1

On 1/26/2023 at 12:56 PM, mr_peanutbutter said:

yes, your crown is dipping and expanding. you will lose the hair and go bald in this area. the hair ovrr that area will go too

ive seen it with several people

It makes me sad to hear that but at the end it is better to know the truth so i can still do something with it

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2023 at 2:36 AM, FloridaToTurkey said:

Hi McTickles

I also thought that was weird but it’s because dr turan founded Fuecapilar so gurs results are not on there.