Does this look like 3400 grafts?

People can speculate but without known the dimensions of the transplanted area it's just that - speculation.

If you done your research and found a high quality, ethical doctor then you have no worries.

Sounds like you're chilled and happy with the procedure which is the most important requirement at the healing/growth stage.

Keep us posted on progress.

• Like 1

Yeah I remeber your original post too about the procedure, on an island if I recall right. Yeah def could be, no reason to think otherwise. Looks packed for sure. How's it coming along now... any updates on the process post op, shedding etc...

51 minutes ago, ray35 said:

Yeah I remeber your original post too about the procedure, on an island if I recall right. Yeah def could be, no reason to think otherwise. Looks packed for sure. How's it coming along now... any updates on the process post op, shedding etc...

As said I’m super happy I was just curious as to what others thought as Reddit seemed to think I had some ulterior motive going on. Atm just shedding so haven’t posted. So far so good though. No issues at all - as soon as I have some decent progress I will update accordingly. Cheers 🥂

• Like 1

Reddit is a garbage source for anything transplant related, it’s like a group of clueless sixteen year olds. Nowhere in the industry is perfect by any means but for whatever reason Reddit is almost always clueless on the subject. 

There are Hasson (him being an example of extreme dense packing) cases of similar graft numbers with a similar area of coverage. This appears somewhere in a similar ballpark of density.

If I was looking at the front and temples, I’d guess 2800. It’s clearly an above average dense pack. From your claim that some grafts are in the crown, (let’s say 3-400) which would only just be roughly 10% and appear relatively small, this number seems reasonable.

Id still guess a bit less, but to be very clear a frontal hairline due to the numbers of single hair grafts and required higher levels of density for illusion of coverage means that virtually any hairline case is using a bare minimum of 1500 grafts. Going back and retaining a high level of density behind as is shown here, then temples, then crown it’s easy to see how that number can be reached. 

People who are saying 2000 have no experience or understanding, period.

To me work looks quite good and I’d assume a clinic at this level is unlikely to stiff you on grafts.

The donor also appears much closer to 3500 than 2000 grafts as well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, JayLDD said:

Reddit is a garbage source for anything transplant related, it’s like a group of clueless sixteen year olds. Nowhere in the industry is perfect by any means but for whatever reason Reddit is almost always clueless on the subject. 

There are Hasson (him being an example of extreme dense packing) cases of similar graft numbers with a similar area of coverage. This appears somewhere in a similar ballpark of density.

If I was looking at the front and temples, I’d guess 2800. It’s clearly an above average dense pack. From your claim that some grafts are in the crown, (let’s say 3-400) which would only just be roughly 10% and appear relatively small, this number seems reasonable.

Id still guess a bit less, but to be very clear a frontal hairline due to the numbers of single hair grafts and required higher levels of density for illusion of coverage means that virtually any hairline case is using a bare minimum of 1500 grafts. Going back and retaining a high level of density behind as is shown here, then temples, then crown it’s easy to see how that number can be reached. 

People who are saying 2000 have no experience or understanding, period.

To me work looks quite good and I’d assume a clinic at this level is unlikely to stiff you on grafts.

The donor also appears much closer to 3500 than 2000 grafts as well.

Appreciate the comment thanks a lot. He told me 500 in the crown. Now the wait begins! :)