Bruno Ferreira | 2879 Grafts | 29y | NW 3 | December 2022

Mars11

Honestly it looks incredible.  Those small areas you point out only add to the natural result.  I’m sure you see the hairlines of other guys and notice the imperfections,  that’s what make them natural.

You have an amazing result, congrats to you, enjoy it!

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, Calihome1 said:

My only tiny criticism would be slight lack of density on the left side.  But overall great

IMG_3822.jpeg

Dear @Calihome1,
thank you for your honest feedback. I know exactly what you are referring to. I have a few spots that are a bit lacking in density. As I mentioned, I see these myself, but for now I'm fine with it.
I'm even starting to notice "imperfections" in other people's hair that I never would have noticed before. Some of us (myself included) are probably looking for something almost unattainable because we are so extremely focused on our hair situation.  If it's a perfect result is very subjective I'd say, but I am 100% satisfied with the naturalness.

Thanks everyone else for their feedback!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mars11 said:

Dear @Calihome1,
thank you for your honest feedback. I know exactly what you are referring to. I have a few spots that are a bit lacking in density. As I mentioned, I see these myself, but for now I'm fine with it.
I'm even starting to notice "imperfections" in other people's hair that I never would have noticed before. Some of us (myself included) are probably looking for something almost unattainable because we are so extremely focused on our hair situation.  If it's a perfect result is very subjective I'd say, but I am 100% satisfied with the naturalness.

exactly, no ones natural hair is perfect either. your hair looks incredible now, enjoy it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Calihome1 said:

@Mars11 were the temple corners something you requested or suggested by Ferreira?  I think those look fantastic.  Love the design.

image.thumb.png.7bb4a9c6f6e16d43e4105ab9b2cd897f.png

The outline of the new hair drawn on in the pic doesn’t look natural, the end result is about as natural as it can be. A real eye opener for those stressing about hairline designs in the immediate few days post op. Make sure you can 100% trust your Dr and like this demonstrates, if you can you’ll probably get a killer natural looking result.

True artistry and vision from one of the best. This is a clear example of a hairline design that’s very unique to this patient. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ScottishGuy21 said:

The outline of the new hair drawn on in the pic doesn’t look natural, the end result is about as natural as it can be. A real eye opener for those stressing about hairline designs in the immediate few days post op. Make sure you can 100% trust your Dr and like this demonstrates, if you can you’ll probably get a killer natural looking result.

True artistry and vision from one of the best. This is a clear example of a hairline design that’s very unique to this patient. 

I think it looks natural.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 9/9/2023 at 6:31 AM, Mars11 said:

Hello all,

lately I haven't really had the time or the will to update my status. Not much has really changed. Note from my side, I had to stop using Fin temporarily since 2 months due to personal circumstances. So far no acceleration of hair loss, but of course I'm worried. Will probably start again in 1-2 months.

For me the (probably more or less final) result is a big improvement compared to before. I have much more freedom after sports, swimming or in bad weather without worrying about the hairstyle. There are good days and not so good days, sometimes I'm very happy and sometimes I think, hmm, maybe a little touch-up wouldn't be wrong. Either way, I find the result very natural and now I just hope to maintain this status for years, better decades.

Cheers and thanks for the feedback so far.

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

The temple peaks are perfection 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2023 at 8:00 AM, Mars11 said:

Dear @Calihome1,

i also think a bit of sparsity is what can make it look natural, especially given your age. imagine the situation where you're over 30 and your previously slick bald temples are thicker than a 10 year olds, but the middle forelock is thinner. that wouldn't look natural! doctors these days purposely create some jagged imperfections for this reason. your hair is looking amazing man.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your last answers. Attached you will find the final result after 1 year and 1 month. Overall, I am happy with the result. I would have liked a slightly higher density in the hairline, but I am more than happy for the next few years that's for sure. I can wear hairstyles that were absolutely impossible before. The exchange with BF has always been there to this day - excellent.

3 pictures unstyled and in rather unfavorable lighting conditions.

3 images styled with wax in the same lighting conditions.

Thanks to everyone for supporting my journey. Wouldn't be in this position without this forum!

IMG_2411 2.png

IMG_2408 2.png

IMG_2410 2.png

IMG_2414 2.png

IMG_2424 2.png

IMG_2420 2.png

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

I think it looks good but I agree, could’ve been slightly more dense

Yep, it could always (no matter how good the result is) be "better". But a hair transplant is in the end just an illusion of having a (partially) full head of hair. There's physically not enough hair in most donors to reconstruct "natural density" from your twenties and that shouldn't be the goal either.
Still I don't want to sound like I'm complaining - I'm not. 
To be fair, BF always said from the beginning a second operation might be needed to finalize the outcome. I'm waiting for his final check. But so far I'm very happy with the fact that I went to Portugal, to Bruno.

14 minutes ago, Mars11 said:

Yep, it could always (no matter how good the result is) be "better". But a hair transplant is in the end just an illusion of having a (partially) full head of hair. There's physically not enough hair in most donors to reconstruct "natural density" from your twenties and that shouldn't be the goal either.
To be fair, BF always said from the beginning a second operation might be needed to finalize the outcome. I'm waiting for his final check. But so far I'm very happy with the fact that I went to Portugal, to Bruno.

Right, but, maybe 150-250 extra could make a marked difference in appearance

27 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Right, but, maybe 150-250 extra could make a marked difference in appearance

True. 
But actually this would be to much effort for me atm and the price-graft ratio probably would be over the moon. :D 

In case my hairloss will progress a little over the next years behind the transplanted area I'd be fine with a touch-up as a very conservative seconds operation. For me there's ne need to rush right now - I'll wait for BF final reply.

Thanks for your assessment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mars11 said:

You don't need it mate, we tend to hyperfocus on the details  but the fact is people don't zoom in on your hairline with their eyes and even if they did, they simply wouldn't see anything other than a perfect hairline.. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

You don't need it mate, we tend to hyperfocus on the details  but the fact is people don't zoom in on your hairline with their eyes and even if they did, they simply wouldn't see anything other than a perfect hairline.. 

☝️what he said! It’s the perfect naturalness in my eyes. 
you seem cool with it anyway. 👌

• Like 1

Your results look amazing mate! Very happy for you!

I can't wait for my own surgery in Dec 2024 with Dr. BF. I need 2 surgeries as I am a NW5V but I'm confident I picked the right doctor!

PS: Do you happen to know what density (grafts per square cm) Dr. BF implanted at, or even the recipient area in square cm2?

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created