Bruno Ferreira | 2879 Grafts | 29y | NW 3 | December 2022

Mars11

23 minutes ago, Ccd99 said:

Your results look amazing mate! Very happy for you!

I can't wait for my own surgery in Dec 2024 with Dr. BF. I need 2 surgeries as I am a NW5V but I'm confident I picked the right doctor!

PS: Do you happen to know what density (grafts per square cm) Dr. BF implanted at, or even the recipient area in square cm2?

You sure did a very well choice with BF.

I'll ask about the density and get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mars11 said:

You sure did a very well choice with BF.

I'll ask about the density and get back to you as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks, appreciate that!

• Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

28 minutes ago, Ccd99 said:

Your results look amazing mate! Very happy for you!

I can't wait for my own surgery in Dec 2024 with Dr. BF. I need 2 surgeries as I am a NW5V but I'm confident I picked the right doctor!

PS: Do you happen to know what density (grafts per square cm) Dr. BF implanted at, or even the recipient area in square cm2?

Congratulations to @Mars11 for his phenomenal result! I think it looks really natural and impeccable to say the least. 
I contacted Dr. Ferreira in July, but I am still not able to get an appointment for a consultation, do you @Ccd99 know how much it takes to get an appointment?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NorwoodKnight said:

Congratulations to @Mars11 for his phenomenal result! I think it looks really natural and impeccable to say the least. 
I contacted Dr. Ferreira in July, but I am still not able to get an appointment for a consultation, do you @Ccd99 know how much it takes to get an appointment?

I think I really lucked out my friend. I sent an enquiry via their website on 3rd August 2023 and I was contacted via email and told:

"At the moment, we’re completely full until the end of 2023 for in-person consultations with Dr. Bruno Ferreira. Although we have some rescheduling, these are very rare and the opportunity to have a consultation with Dr. Bruno Ferreira in 2023 is very scarce. I always recommend that you aim for 2024. "

I was asked to provide my details and one of the questions included:

"Availability to come to consultation with short notice (one week or less); "

I basically answered that I can travel to clinic at short notice (I live in the UK so it's a 2 hour flight, relatively cheap) Things were then quiet until 31st October 2023 when I received an email that a cancelled consultation slot became available for mid-November and I had to act fast if I wanted it.

I jumped at the opportunity straight away and manage to secure it.

I saw Dr. BF in November and liked his surgery plan, whilst I was thinking things over I was given three surgery dates for 2024 should I want it: start of Oct 2024, start Dec 2024, and mid Dec 2024. OR a 4th option for April 2024 for "fast-track" but it would cost 2 EUR/graft extra.

Two days later when I got home and decided to go ahead and pay deposit, Oct 2024 was already taken! So I settled on start of Dec 2024.

Maybe worth contacting the clinic again and asking them to put you on a cancellation shortlist?

Edited by Ccd99
  • Consultation with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Nov 2023 - - link to thread documenting my pre-hair restoration journey
  • First surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - Sept 2024 -  - approx. 3500 grafts to frontal third - thread to be created
  • Second surgery with Dr Bruno Ferreira - TBD - - approx. 2500 grafts to mid-scalp and vertex - thread to be created

1 hour ago, Ccd99 said:

I think I really lucked out my friend. I sent an enquiry via their website on 3rd August 2023 and I was contacted via email and told:

"At the moment, we’re completely full until the end of 2023 for in-person consultations with Dr. Bruno Ferreira. Although we have some rescheduling, these are very rare and the opportunity to have a consultation with Dr. Bruno Ferreira in 2023 is very scarce. I always recommend that you aim for 2024. "

I was asked to provide my details and one of the questions included:

"Availability to come to consultation with short notice (one week or less); "

I basically answered that I can travel to clinic at short notice (I live in the UK so it's a 2 hour flight, relatively cheap) Things were then quiet until 31st October 2023 when I received an email that a cancelled consultation slot became available for mid-November and I had to act fast if I wanted it.

I jumped at the opportunity straight away and manage to secure it.

I saw Dr. BF in November and liked his surgery plan, whilst I was thinking things over I was given three surgery dates for 2024 should I want it: start of Oct 2024, start Dec 2024, and mid Dec 2024. OR a 4th option for April 2024 for "fast-track" but it would cost 2 EUR/graft extra.

Two days later when I got home and decided to go ahead and pay deposit, Oct 2024 was already taken! So I settled on start of Dec 2024.

Maybe worth contacting the clinic again and asking them to put you on a cancellation shortlist?

Well I’m really happy for you!
I basically received the exact same emails you did. I am already on their cancellation shortlist and they contacted me as well on November, however, even if I’m not that far away (Italy), I was not able to go with such a close notice. I hope I will be able to get an appointment in the next few months, for now I will be happy to follow your journey! It would be interesting to see your starting situation and the plan that you discussed with Dr. Ferreira.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NorwoodKnight said:

Well I’m really happy for you!
I basically received the exact same emails you did. I am already on their cancellation shortlist and they contacted me as well on November, however, even if I’m not that far away (Italy), I was not able to go with such a close notice. I hope I will be able to get an appointment in the next few months, for now I will be happy to follow your journey! It would be interesting to see your starting situation and the plan that you discussed with Dr. Ferreira.

Thank you! Hopefully you get offered a slot very soon.

By the way if you are interested in my starting point and current journey so far, I have documented with photos on my thread below.

The second page contains details of my consultation with Dr. BF

(sorry for hijacking this thread!)

3 hours ago, Ccd99 said:

Thank you! Hopefully you get offered a slot very soon.

By the way if you are interested in my starting point and current journey so far, I have documented with photos on my thread below.

The second page contains details of my consultation with Dr. BF

(sorry for hijacking this thread!)

Very nice, I will have a look to your thread for sure!

Yeah, sorry for interrupting the discussion, this will be the last message not inherent to this thread.

4 hours ago, NorwoodKnight said:

Very nice, I will have a look to your thread for sure!

Yeah, sorry for interrupting the discussion, this will be the last message not inherent to this thread.

Guys, no worries. Have a good one 🙂