Bruno Ferreira | 2879 Grafts | 29y | NW 3 | December 2022

Mars11

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@Mars11 the work looks excellent! Happy growing! 👌

Thank you very much, @Gatsby!

Today is day 9 after the surgery. Since the scabs came off today, I am attaching a few pictures from today. The photos are still made with a flashlight setting. Therefore, for example, the redness looks much stronger than it looks in normal daylight.
PS: I really struggled to find any sleep at all until day 8 (3-4 hours max per night). So I contacted the clinic that I had a burning sensation in the donor area that I couldn't get rid of. Bruno advises me to increase the ibuprofen dose for a while and relax the donor area with massages - might be a placebo or not, but I slept over 10 hours tonight. :)  I really appreciate the aftercare that the clinic offers.

IMG_1229.png

IMG_1230.png

IMG_1233.png

IMG_1232.png

IMG_1231.png

Edited by Mars11
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mars11 said:

Today is day 9 after the surgery. Since the scabs came off today, I am attaching a few pictures from today. The photos are still made with a flashlight setting. Therefore, for example, the redness looks much stronger than it looks in normal daylight.
PS: I really struggled to find any sleep at all until day 8 (3-4 hours max per night). So I contacted the clinic that I had a burning sensation in the donor area that I couldn't get rid of. Bruno advises me to increase the ibuprofen dose for a while and relax the donor area with massages - might be a placebo or not, but I slept over 10 hours tonight. :)  I really appreciate the aftercare that the clinic offers.

IMG_1229.png

IMG_1230.png

IMG_1233.png

IMG_1232.png

IMG_1231.png

Looking great dude. 

• Like 2

Work looks good and donor looks untouched. I agree with the above Dr Ferreira is elite and I really like that he focuses on 1 patient a day. we are in the same boat so happy growing! 

Edited by drawdownfx
  • Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

On 12/23/2022 at 12:29 PM, Mars11 said:

IMG_1229.png

IMG_1230.png

IMG_1233.png

IMG_1232.png

IMG_1231.png

really like the hairline design 👏🏻

• Like 1

On 12/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, Mike10 said:

Work looks solid but seems like a lot of grafts for such a smaller case 

Yes, this might be true. But it must also be said that Ferreira generally emphasizes a dense hairline. Most estimates from other clinics were more in the range of 2,200 - 2,600 grafts total.
Nevertheless: For me, the hairline is the most important thing, plus my status comes across better in the pre-surgery pictures than it actually is. My receding hairline was already quite pronounced. Ferreira had even classified me as NW 3A-4A.
Now, I can understand your skepticism, but I could rather live with a slightly open tonsure (should the donor be empty; capacity according to Feriduni and Ferreira about 8,500 - 9,500 grafts) than with pronounced temples.
And the most important argument not to operate too conservatively or not at all:
Am on 5mg/week fin for 2.5 years - with no side effects and stabilization of hair loss. But of course there is always a residual risk.

Edited by Mars11
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mars11 said:

I can understand your skepticism, but I could rather live with a slightly open tonsure

I can understand your reasoning.

You're on the meds and you have a doc that prides himself on donor management.

I look forward to following your progress👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Today is the first month mark (about day 30).
Most of the implanted grafts have more or less fallen out. Was expecting the ugly ducking phase to be more mentally challenging than it actually is. So everything seems to be alright from my point of view.

IMG_1317.png

IMG_1318.png

IMG_1320.png

IMG_1319.png

IMG_1321.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

it's been 2 months now (day 63 after surgery). I am still using minoxidil foam and aloe vera daily.

I can't really say if there is any growth so far. I would guess that most of the visible grafts in the recipient area are the ones that have not been shed. I am hoping that there will be some early growth in the next few weeks. So far, nothing special has happened, I would say. 

IMG_1372.png

IMG_1373.png

IMG_1374.png

IMG_1375.png

IMG_1376.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Calihome1,

it’s just 2 weeks since my last update. 
i added some close ups of the recipient area.

I’d guess that around 30 % has grown maturely, while additional  10-20 % (very fine hairs) are just started to sprout. 
Hope more’s around the corner.

860C9D69-F2C4-4587-86E3-859E6F669891.jpeg

55F023EF-09A6-4853-94D8-B1C721DAD3C8.jpeg

66CB7932-ABDC-4C36-89AE-7BEF5272F69A.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, consequence said:

How's everything going?

So far, everything seems to be fine. I wouldn't call it rapid growth. My left side is lagging a bit compared to the right. But at this stage (almost 4 months) that should be within expected variances.

I will post the next update in about a week.
I always appreciate feedback.

Cheers!