UK clinics

Hi, I have been looking to get a transplant in the UK near where I live (Edinburgh). I have quotes from Dr Arshad in Leeds - £6000 for 2000 grafts and The Glasgow Clinic - £6000 for 1500 grafts. Dr Arshad is recommended on this site but I wonder if anyone has any experience of him or the Glasgow Clinic?

1 hour ago, RecedingSebs said:

Hi, I have been looking to get a transplant in the UK near where I live (Edinburgh). I have quotes from Dr Arshad in Leeds - £6000 for 2000 grafts and The Glasgow Clinic - £6000 for 1500 grafts. Dr Arshad is recommended on this site but I wonder if anyone has any experience of him or the Glasgow Clinic?

I had a great experience with Dr Arshad.

I had 3100 grafts (NW5a) 10 months ago. I've had excellent growth % and great after care from the clinic.

• Valued Contributor

Personally if you can afford it the only UK doc I'd go to is Dr Ball of the Maitlaind Clinic. There's also been some very nice results on the forum recently from Dr Mani Mittal but we'd need to see more to really judge. The people who have posted reviews have kind of hit and run, which suggests they've been asked to make a thread by the clinic. Would be better if the Doc himself signed up here and contributed his knowledge and his cases.

Avoid anyone in Scotland and consider the European options if you're keen to stay closer home.

• Like 3

• Administrators

You will get a myriad of opinions, but the best thing to do is research yourself. Look up reviews, consult with surgeons, and if possible meet up with past patients. Good luck let me know if you need help researching.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had my ht with Dr Arshad in 2021. Here are my before and most recent photos after 18 months. He is a very ethical doctor. A number of patients from 2021 suffered from a lack of density. The clinic offered free top ups to rectify the issue. There are a number of his patients on here, so search his name in the search engine to check out his results. If you choose to have it done abroad, Dr Bisanga in Belgium will probably cost the same or slightly less, and is one of the most highly regarded surgeons in the field. 

3F7724CF-AA06-4EF4-9FEB-6193E8660A0D.jpeg

4C07ADC1-CDB9-4C85-8FA2-B41551C79E54.png

E7663AE6-EB61-42E5-A7F2-468AF1D74B9B.jpeg

BD757080-77FA-4897-8876-4C550179241C.jpeg

Edited by Marko7t4

• Valued Contributor

Personally when it comes to MPB and surgery, I would look at the recommended surgeons on this forum and the results posted here by their patients. Find a surgeon who turns out consistently great results for patients who have a similar hair loss to yourself and with results that are aligned with your goals. Never let geography or money be the deciding factor. You have to look at yourself for the rest of your life afterwards don't forget. All the best with who you ultimately choose.

• Like 2