Can I see a pic of a "normal donor" Dark hair light skin for comparison?

Just looking to do a comparison, and I'm having trouble finding reference people with light skin and dark hair.  I've been worried that I might be seeing some thinning in my donor along the sides, and might be a bad candidate. On the otherhand it might just be fine for high skin to hair contrast. I feel like pictures and lighting are very hard to judge.

I haven't had a transplant yet, for reference, and I'm about 37yrs.  Looking to get an FUT in 5-6 months, and I've been on Dut and Minox for about 8-9 months so far.  I did notice donor shedding about 3 months ago, so that may also be a factor.

I know some thinning on the sides is normal as we age, but I was wondering if anyone had a donor area with a skin color and hair color similar to mine that I could compare to.

(This is my hair at about a number 2 clipper guard indoors).

image.thumb.jpeg.b30609c232dad06648738bbca7db690b.jpeg

3 Guard outdoors:

image.thumb.jpeg.6c00f16226229339e1099cfe5c6a5b4b.jpeg

3-4 guard indoors:

image.thumb.jpeg.1c925d080142531648cbf1c68be979d6.jpeg

• Administrators

Pictures can be deceiving. It’s best to get evaluated in person. Here’s a video of my 10-year journey. I’m also 37. My donor didn’t look the best, but I’ve been able to get over 7k scalp grafts via FUE

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@MisterBreakfast sorry for going off topic a little but do you feel that the meds have made a difference or benefit to your hair in anyway?

Without a doubt. I've got almost my entire crown filled in about to half original density, and my frontal tuft area is starting to come back more recently.  Sides have also come up a bit as well.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.95b42eb31c658dc0683083c2f987619d.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.f42ecf573cdf3b17318823ba75d371d4.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.a2dde832bd0d43b7ba1efaa21fba2d43.jpeg

Edited by MisterBreakfast

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, MisterBreakfast said:

Without a doubt. I've got almost my entire crown filled in about to half original density, and my frontal tuft area is starting to come back more recently.  Sides have also come up a bit as well.

unnamed.thumb.jpg.95b42eb31c658dc0683083c2f987619d.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.f42ecf573cdf3b17318823ba75d371d4.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.a2dde832bd0d43b7ba1efaa21fba2d43.jpeg

So these are after meds? I misunderstood. I thought these were different lighting. I’m not sure you’re a good candidate. Seems like you have donor thinning. You don’t want transplanted hair to be dependent on medication. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

36 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

So these are after meds? I misunderstood. I thought these were different lighting. I’m not sure you’re a good candidate. Seems like you have donor thinning. You don’t want transplanted hair to be dependent on medication. 

Your original understanding was correct.  The first set of pictures were taken within a few weeks, just to let it grow out.  The lighting is different, and the length of the hair is approximately 2, 3, 3.5 guard in the original pics respectively. The difference in length may account for difference in appearance.  I don't think I've seen any changes in the donor density, certainly no increase.

Follow up post was a response with Gatsby (those include before and after dut / minox).  

Edited by MisterBreakfast

17 hours ago, MisterBreakfast said:

Just looking to do a comparison, and I'm having trouble finding reference people with light skin and dark hair.  I've been worried that I might be seeing some thinning in my donor along the sides, and might be a bad candidate. On the otherhand it might just be fine for high skin to hair contrast. I feel like pictures and lighting are very hard to judge.

I haven't had a transplant yet, for reference, and I'm about 37yrs.  Looking to get an FUT in 5-6 months, and I've been on Dut and Minox for about 8-9 months so far.  I did notice donor shedding about 3 months ago, so that may also be a factor.

I know some thinning on the sides is normal as we age, but I was wondering if anyone had a donor area with a skin color and hair color similar to mine that I could compare to.

(This is my hair at about a number 2 clipper guard indoors).

image.thumb.jpeg.b30609c232dad06648738bbca7db690b.jpeg

3 Guard outdoors:

image.thumb.jpeg.6c00f16226229339e1099cfe5c6a5b4b.jpeg

3-4 guard indoors:

image.thumb.jpeg.1c925d080142531648cbf1c68be979d6.jpeg

Not the same skin color but we have similar donors. My hair type is different so it curls and looks worse when it’s short, but when my hair grows out it definitely shapes up. 

being on dut will definitely thicken up your hair. Especially after 2 years. You’re probably experiencing a bad shed it comes and goes. But probably around month 10-15 you really notice a difference. 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022