How many grafts do you estimate that I would need?

At a glance I'd spit ball 3k...  in that ballpark. Kinda hard to see what that temple are transition would require but those recessions with a conservative fill maybe 1500 each side? What kind of numbers have you been hearing?

• Like 1

Seems about right.. I do have a really small head for a 31 M so idk if that makes. I was told 1800 grafts by RESTORE and 2300 by FUEGENICS then BOSLEY and a local clinic both suggested 2000 grafts with a goal of 6000 hairs. I wouldn't want to hardly touch the temples as I'm alright with a NW 2.5 result.

• Like 1

Meds could potentially save a lot of your native hair and you have a lot left!

• Like 3

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I am not. I tried finasteride and had all the bad side effects you hear nightmare stories about. I should do some topicals but I’m apparently not disciplined enough to follow through with it.  I plan to do PRP regiments every 6 months and get a HT. Whatever the results are I’ll be satisfied with. That’s my thought process lol 

• Like 1

Around 2500-3000 grafts.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Thanks for the responses! The general consensus seems to be 2000-2500. I have a small head and would be totally pleased with a conservative NW2.5 result and also not concerned about great density. Listen- I’m basically completely bald up front and have been like that for a decade. If I can have even some hair in the front and mid section then I would feel like I’m winning. If I lose the back part of my head as well then in 10 years I’ll ask them to lightly cover the back and perhaps perform touch ups on the front to achieve my goals at that time being. 

• Like 1

It really depends, if youre doing FUT or FUE. I think you could be more aggressive with FUT and get something around 2700-3000 and reconstruct your temples and rebuild your hairline and maybe add a little more behind it.

It also would require you to be on medication because you would be doing yourself a disservice by going through shockloss and never recovering those hairs back and further losing hair.

If you do FUE I think you should be more on the conservative side and aim between 2200-2500 without the temple points.

Also you would really need to see what type of donor your have. For example... I have a ton of double hairs and sometimes people may have way more triple hairs. The difference between the two is 1 hair. But if you compare it lets say 3000 grafts you have added, potentially up to, 3,000 extra hairs. 

Also, I cant tell if its the lighting but your crown looks like it is blending in with the light which may be thin hair, a bad angle, or perhaps your hair color. But I definitely think you should aim for the conservative approach and take it step by step. One operation usually isnt always the perfect solution.

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 8 months later...

Did you end up finding a doctor and going for an HT

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

@mdg8736,

Please keep in mind that the number I’m throwing out there is not a formal estimate from Dr. Rahal or our clinic, but just my initial opinion by glancing at your photos. But I would say that you would probably benefit from about 2500 grafts in the frontal third of your scalp. You seem to have a lot of hair in the midscalp region and your crown.

if you’re not currently using finasteride or minoxidil, you may want to consider speaking to a doctor about the benefits and potential side effects related to them. Finasteride in particular can help you keep your existing hair as it works to slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of genetic hair loss. Non-surgical solutions and surgical her restoration often complement one another this way.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.