How long after FUE is it safe to resume Jiu Jitsu?

Basically you may resume full contact sports after a month, once everything is fully healed and it'd take surgery to remove those grafts from your head. Not going around banging your head for no good reason is good advice that applies to everyone, regardless of HT status :D 

@Surfarosa,

first I would say the answer to this depends on whether or not you’ve undergone FUE or FUT hair transplant surgery.  With FUT, the donor area is more tender and fragile and any contact sports could potentially risk scar stretching, etc. With FUE, you don’t have that problem.

in my opinion, just use logic and discretion. Two weeks sounds logical with FUE and with FUT, you might need to wait a couple months if there’s any grabbing of the head, etc.

i’m not too familiar with that particular martial art so I don’t know how much grappling or contact to the head is involved.  So just be careful and use your discretion in terms of contact, etc.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• Administrators

I would wait until your grafts have fully shed. I would say 3-4 weeks should suffice. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

@Surfarosa,

first I would say the answer to this depends on whether or not you’ve undergone FUE or FUT hair transplant surgery.  With FUT, the donor area is more tender and fragile and any contact sports could potentially risk scar stretching, etc. With FUE, you don’t have that problem.

in my opinion, just use logic and discretion. Two weeks sounds logical with FUE and with FUT, you might need to wait a couple months if there’s any grabbing of the head, etc.

i’m not too familiar with that particular martial art so I don’t know how much grappling or contact to the head is involved.  So just be careful and use your discretion in terms of contact, etc.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

FUE this time. The contact with the head is not striking - just escaping headlocks etc - more like wrestling.