Dr Nadimi 2003 grafts 11-14-22

Chetman2112

A little about me:

56 years old, been thinning in the frontal region for about 20 years, became much more noticeable in the last 10 years and always bothered me. As someone that takes care of them self I always felt regardless of how much I work out or am successful the fact that I couldn’t hide my hair loss anymore really bothered me, to the point where I was thinking about it more and more even though I have a wonderful family and a very good life.

About 10 years ago I did some research on HT’s but did not feel comfortable with the idea at the time, all though I think the doctor I met with was pretty good for that time period I wasn’t keen on the idea of having a scar on the back of my head and I didn’t think I would be happy with the outcome, my gut has never failed me in the past and I decided not to go through with it. I was in my early 40’s and instead of a HT at that time I found myself a really great hair stylist that had the ability and cared enough to cut my hair in a way that it looked really good He would thin out the thicker aeras and cut texture in a way that gave me the appearance of a decent head of hair, I was good for a long time but as my hair loss got worse it was getting harder and harder for him to do his thing so to speak and I always worried that if he ever moved or decided to stop cutting hair there was no way I could find someone that had his skill and was willing to take the time to do what he did.

My Research:

I started researching hair transplants again early last year and stumbled upon the Hair Restoration Social Network, it didn’t take me long to find Dr. Nadimi, every result I reviewed looked so natural, I couldn’t find a bad result from the Chicago hair institute and I just felt in my heart that she was the Surgeon for me. Of course Dr. Konior is amazing as well and is considered the goat in this forum but I did not see any difference between the two in terms of results, and the fact that they both do all of the surgery themselves and use the same techs, and same techniques is all I needed to know. I setup a facetime consultation with Dr. Nadimi there was a waiting period for consultations, approx. 2-months, but during that time Martyna who works in the office kept in touch with me and Dr, Nadimi answered any questions I had via direct email.

My Consultation via facetime:

Dr, Nadimi wanted to know my expectations, what my goals were and ultimately she wanted to know if she felt she could make me happy and that my goals were realistic with my own expectations, it went very smooth and from that point on I felt very strongly that I found my Doctor. I put down my deposit and secured a date, she had about a 6-month waitlist but that’s expected from an elite surgeon of Dr. Nadimi’s caliber, it may be longer now and if it isn’t it will be as she is one of the best. I also want to note she was always available to answer any questions or concerns I had leading up to surgery by direct email, she would get back to me that evening or early the next morning, and this is a Dr that works very long hours, she truly cares about her patients and told me she loves what she does. She typ. does Hair transplants 3-days a week and volunteers one day a week at a hospital, does consultations one day a week so she is a very busy person, a true professional who loves what she does.

Pre surgery Day 11-13-2022

I arrived in Chicago early Sunday, wanted to have a day to chill so that I was well rested for my procedure, my wife came with me, you need support from a loved one, I wasn’t  nervous at all but I was anxious and excited, my time has finally arrived and I knew I had done my research and felt strongly that my outcome will be awesome. The day before my surgery my wife and I drove to the clinic, I wanted to find it so that there was no possibility of getting lost in the morning as I had to be at the clinic at 6:45 , there was no way I was going to mess this up. The building itself is your typ medical building but the office itself is very inconspicuous, my guess is there is a reason for this, privacy can be very important for some people. We pulled up and looked inside the building, this was Sunday and the office was actually open, Dr. Konior did surgery the Sat before for one of our fellow Hair Restoration network followers as noted in his recent post so they were probably doing some paperwork and aftercare.

Surgery Day 11-14-2022

I arrived at the office and Karen Took me in a room and we went through all of the paperwork, I was totally at ease and ready to go. She answered any questions I had and was reassuring although like I said earlier I wasn’t nervous I was excited. Shortly after we finished the paperwork Anya, one of Dr, Nadimi’s fabulous Techs came in as well as Dr, Nadimi and we met in person for the first time and discussed my options and what Dr, Nadimi thought, she takes you through her though process and makes it easy to understand her philosophy. This was the first time I met Dr, Nadimi in person as my consultation was via facetime, she took a look at me and explained her thoughts, I was quoted 1850 to 2000 grafts via facetime consult depending on my density and coverage goals. I told Dr. Nadimi that I wanted my hairline to come to my current lowest point of existing hair, which was diffused thinning and to slightly build up my recession, she provided her thoughts and nailed my hairline very quickly. It was that easy for me to say, yes that’s what I want! She explained to me that she would cover the hairline with higher density and reduce density toward my mid scalp where I had more existing hair, like she said it makes no sense to put hair where it already exist because you will end up with a net gain, totally makes sense to me. We took some pictures and from there Anya one of Dr. Nadimi’s and Dr. Konior’s awesome techs started to get me ready for surgery, she said are you ready for me to shave your head, I’m like can’t wait been waiting for this moment for a long time, let’s do it! She is super friendly and I really enjoyed are conversations, whenever I am in Chicago I’ll stop back and say hello as well as provide some updated pictures. I don’t remember exactually what time surgery started but I think it was by 8:00 am. Once I got through the numbing shots, lol I was good to go, I have a hard time sitting still so I did request more Valium throughout the surgery, I am the type of person that could take a sleeping pill and a Benadryl on a overseas flight and not fall asleep. I had a couple of bathroom / water breaks and other than that a quick 30 minute lunch, we finished about 6:00- 6:30 pm, I was excited to see my new hairline and I was not disappointed, it was even better than I expected, I was dancing when I returned back to my ARBNB,  I am so happy with the early result and look forward to sharing my journey. I like Dr, Nadimi she is definitely one of a kind in a good way, when I meet people that truly love what they do and Dr. Nadimi told me she loves doing hair transplants and it shows and the fact that she also volunteers her time at another hospital show’s what kind of person she is, and her artistry is amazing, definitely one of the best in the business. If I ever need a touchup I know where I’ll be headed.

After Care:

The whole office is amazing, I want to mention all of the techs that work there, Anya who is so caring and funny and just a breath of fresh air, we had a great time chatting and she really took great care of me from day-1, a wonderful person!  I believe she’s been there like 14-years, also Eliza and Kazia, I don’t remember exactually but I was told 25 years with Chicago hair institute, a great team that cares about their patients. I stayed a couple days after and went back to the office for cleanings and they really wanted me to stay another day but I did need to get home and I had no pain, very little swelling, no numbness, no itching, actually felt great afterwards. Also Dr. Nadimi emailed me again last night with additional comments and instructions, and Karen who works in the front office called me this morning to see how I was doing and to setup a facetime with Dr. Nadimi on Monday to check up on me, they really care about their patents, great experience and will keep the community up to date on my progress.

Just received graft breakdown and official pre opp photos, editing to include. 

Graft numbers are the following:
Total- 2004
1 FU-252
2 FU-1038
3 FU-673
4FU- 41

Post Opp immediately after surgery

BA4837E3-0DE3-431E-AD60-048EC8B84F49.jpeg

DAEF8773-696F-41E3-A114-2F2EB7FD4CB6.jpeg

D2494A1A-74CB-4F13-BD85-11CC6E5E7DC9.jpeg

8DDD2155-EA0B-4979-8A63-62D202D233C1.jpeg

ABAF869F-2D25-4202-BC01-550F9326E7EB.jpeg

D66683FD-6818-4D6D-AA46-74256C880F9F.jpeg

CF325508-EEE5-4462-846D-D70F27812871.jpeg

E0A44DFF-8160-42C1-A9D1-685C1F2F10E8.jpeg

E4564915-89CE-4A69-8C98-022522CF5B3C.png

Edited by Chetman2112
Added graft count and official photos
  • Like 4

Your frontal area at age 56 is much better than mine at age 31, haha. Best of luck, I think it'll turn out great. 

• Like 1

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

1 hour ago, mavigo said:

Your frontal area at age 56 is much better than mine at age 31, haha. Best of luck, I think it'll turn out great. 

I was on fin for 15 years, did take a year break from it recently but may start back on it, going to give oral minoxidil a try first, I strongly believe the fin worked well for me as my Dad was bald at 25, I lift weights consistently and do light cardio and that counteracts the sides of fin. 

• Thanks 1
  • Well Done 1

15 hours ago, Mike10 said:

you seems to be in good conditon for your age. do you have any over head picture pre op?

I just had my surgery on Monday 11-14-2022 adding additional pre- opp photos from my Dr. 

3BD092F4-220B-4B72-9460-3D52EC0ED9EC.jpeg

54C3450E-524D-4F51-A734-265CEF39D218.jpeg

C0EF40F0-8CE6-438C-8809-1C8D5DEFE4DB.jpeg

Edited by Chetman2112
Adding more pre opp photos
  • Thanks 1

I already feel like a new man, I know I’m going to go through the ugly duckling stage in a few weeks but just seeing how good and natural it looks makes me so happy, I have no doubt it will be a grand slam! Btw they have amazing aftercare, 100% dedicated to their patients! 

• Like 1

@stephcurry30thankyou, I feel the same, It’s the greatest feeling to see a hairline again, even though it’s a few days out from surgery, having hair that frames your face makes all the difference in the world, Dr Nadimi and the entire Chicago hair institute staff have been awesome, I’ll keep the forum posted! 

• Like 1

Happy thanksgiving everyone, thought I would post an update, today is day 10 from my hair transplant with Dr. Nadimi, all I can say is Wow, I’m thrilled with my new hairline, the scabs pretty much softened up on their own, used Aquaphor starting on day 7, woke up today, showered and my scalp is looking good, I’m going to enjoy this why I can’ as I know ugly duckling stage could come anytime, in the meanwhile I’m going out as much as possible, lol cheers everyone! 

774D0F86-7098-4E92-833B-5B318C634CD7.jpeg

4B87AA7F-3A0C-46DC-91B5-7D53B5C69FB3.jpeg

41FF7F69-E81F-4F4B-AE17-A3F0DB199978.jpeg

Edited by Chetman2112
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well one month officially today, as expected I’m in the ugly duckling stage, time is flying by quickly, honestly It hasn’t been bad whatsoever, I’ve been going out everywhere not hiding behind a hat, nobody has even noticed, it’s been so much easier than I ever could of imagine, I prepared myself well and I feel great.

My hair has shedded a little bit each day so it’s not a drastic change overnight. Donor was healthy and healed in the first week, my recipient is no longer knumb so I’ve healed well which I credit to Dr Nadimi’s skill as one of the best surgeons out there. BB68B5C2-330B-496A-A935-BD1395C0D56C.thumb.jpeg.100500e0c8b1265348f28f854acd2010.jpeg

I still have a little bit of itching and a pimple here and there but other than that all is well!

I’m excited for the future and I am so glad I decided to do this, will update again on month 2.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Years! 

• Like 3