Eugenix/ NW2/ Mumbai/ Comprehensive package/ November 29

Skuller

I have been a silent watcher in this forum for a couple of years. I always needed a good hairline but there was something that kept me back all this years. May be because i can now hide my receding hairline by growing long hair and leaving them free and without combing. In fact no one can actually find my receded hairline unless its wet after bath or after heavy workout. After following many post here i finally decided to go for it. Am planning to get married probably by last of next year. So this would be the best time to go for a hair transplant. I dont want to go uncombed for my wedding also😂.

I am from kerala. Myself a doctor currently working as general practitioner in my hometown. I enquired one of my friend who is a dermatology resident and he suggested me eugenix. Eugenix has already evolved as a brand here. Saw some videos of local hair transplant in kerala praising Real time/direct hair transplant of eugenix to be ideal method for transplant. And also i watched many youtube videos of eugenix. So eugenix was the only one in my list.

But only confusion was which package to choose. I researched about this and found out that there are only 3 doctors in their basic packages and they all have an experience of minimum 4yrs at eugenix. Also found that doctors in eugenix can only lead a procedure independently only if they have assisted minimum 1000 procedures under the supervision of senior doctors. Also technicians are the pillars of the procedure who do the extraction and implantation of the grafts. So i decided to go with comprehensive package which is 75₹+tax. Although bit nervous. I hope everything would go fine.

This forum has given me the confidence to go for hair transplant so i should return some contribution from my side for those who are confused like me whether to go for it or not.

My procedures is dated on 29th november at eugenix mumbai. Quoted for 2000-2200 grafts(The pictures that i sent for evaluation was not at a good angle. I think i wont need that much grafts. But lets see)

Attaching below some of my before pics below. How is keep my hair uncombed and free. And combed just after bath

IMG_20221105_153257__01.jpg

IMG_20221105_153313__01.jpg

IMG_20221105_201258__01__01.jpg

IMG_20221105_201311__01__01.jpg

IMG_20221105_201403__01__01.jpg

Actually i didnt discussed about it with them. I am thinking to go with the opinion of the doctor whatever he is saying. If he says not to touch temples i dont mind. 

8 minutes ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Your hair looks really good as is tbh don’t know if the risk is worth the reward 

Thank you. But my both sides are in different line. Left side is receded more. But am little bit anxious now😥. Will i regret later? I cant decide😥

1 minute ago, Skuller said:

Actually i didnt discussed about it with them. I am thinking to go with the opinion of the doctor whatever he is saying. If he says not to touch temples i dont mind. 

Thank you. But my both sides are in different line. Left side is receded more. But am little bit anxious now😥. Will i regret later? I cant decide😥

Eugenix does good job with temples I would do if I were you your in good hands with eugenix. 2k graft seems high but I believe they want to really dense pack everything 

• Like 1

@Mike10 Am 27. Yea but i think i would need below 1500 grafts. May be because of the picture i sent them was not at a good angle. I booked for a HT before and cancelled in a last minute previously earlier this year. I always wanted a good hairline to groom my hair. But also am bit nervous and confused whether to go for it or not. 

Regarding the number of grafts. I am going to sent them my pictures again at a good angle and ask them to reevaluate the number of grafts

This is strange for me to read, normally Eugenix don’t seem to go overboard on the graft count, this does not look like you need In excess of 2k… Like others have mentioned, to me it doesn’t seem like you a transplant is particularly warranted at this stage. But anyway you’re booked in and going ahead so I will be interested to see how many grafts get implanted. 

Edited by Pbaird98
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t see why you need a hair transplant. I would suggest doing nothing. Your hair looks good already. Maybe something like @NARMAK got. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

19 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see why you need a hair transplant. I would suggest doing nothing. Your hair looks good already. Maybe something like @NARMAK got. 

I don't think my case is comparable tbh. OP has pretty well defined temple points even if the shape seems very acute. 2010 grafts is what my final count was and that was with 730 grafts for a full temple point rebuild and my hairline was arguably more receded looking than OPs wet hair comb back. 

I do not for the life of me see unless it's going to be super dense packed how the 2k grafts has been assigned. It looks like OP only needs his frontal hairline reinforced which would usually be maybe 1000 grafts if not less and then temple points maybe 250 grafts to support the reshaping of them. 

I'm not an expert of course but i would say with OP being in India, he should have had an in person consultation. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

I don't think my case is comparable tbh. OP has pretty well defined temple points even if the shape seems very acute. 2010 grafts is what my final count was and that was with 730 grafts for a full temple point rebuild and my hairline was arguably more receded looking than OPs wet hair comb back. 

I do not for the life of me see unless it's going to be super dense packed how the 2k grafts has been assigned. It looks like OP only needs his frontal hairline reinforced which would usually be maybe 1000 grafts if not less and then temple points maybe 250 grafts to support the reshaping of them. 

I'm not an expert of course but i would say with OP being in India, he should have had an in person consultation. 

Fully Agree

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see why you need a hair transplant. I would suggest doing nothing

Yea...true but i really needed this and made my mind. 

https://youtu.be/xtSX13JZp5M

I saw this video and his before procedure state is more or less same as mine and i am expecting something like this. I really need a good hairline. Atleast for my wedding day🥲.

@NARMAK i have been following you since the beginning and your result is awesome. Hairline looks perfect for me. I always wanted a hairline as yours. 

You are right i should have an OP consultation before. But anyways i will see them 2 days before procedure and if they also recommend to halt my procedure for some years i will definitely postpone my procedure for a couple of years. 

14 minutes ago, Skuller said:

@NARMAK i have been following you since the beginning and your result is awesome. Hairline looks perfect for me. I always wanted a hairline as yours. 

You are right i should have an OP consultation before. But anyways i will see them 2 days before procedure and if they also recommend to halt my procedure for some years i will definitely postpone my procedure for a couple of years. 

I think he was way thinner than you. Are you on finasteride? I see thin hairs in your hairline which can be thickened up with finasteride. 

• 3 weeks later...

As i said. I have already decided to go as i was not happy with my hairline.

Day0

Mr Gaurav message me to reach the clinic at 4pm for preOP procedures. I reached mumbai on that day itself so i went to room to freshen up and then took a cab to the clinic. Its my first time to visit mumbai. So was little nervous as i am not good at hindi(i could somehow managed by my breaking hindi words+signs). When i reached the clinic half of my anxiety were down as the staffs are very warm welcoming and made me comfortable in everyway they can. Then they checked my vitals,BP and local anesthetic sensitivity and then everything was fine and they asked me to come at 12pm the next day 

Day1

I reached the clinic by time and the staff welcomed me and lead me to the lounge area. After sometime gave me a couple of tablets which included antibiotic,alprax,pantop. Soon after Dr Somesh came and immediately after seeing my hair he asked me whether i need to have HT. He showed the picture that i have sent them and told that look completely different than the original and also the density increased and asked me whether i am taking finasteride. I started it 5 months before and it gave some density in the temple areas. He again asked me "are you sure you wanted to this?". But i actually needed it and decided to procede. 

I was taken to a room for taking photographs and Dr Somesh drawed a hairline which was just few mm below my natural hairline which was thin infront. It looked more like increasing density of my existing hair. I asked whether we could do something about the temples and he suggested not to touch temples as i may have receding temples in future considering my age. He is the expert and knows better so i agreed. And he suggested non trim option for me as i have long hairs. If i want to get trim we can do it later. I agreed and though it would be a good idea. Soon a guy came and trimed my frontal area and donor area and took pictured again.After that i have been served with a really heavy lunch and then gave me OT scrubs to change and then to the procedure table. Dr somesh gave me local anesthesia. It was painless for me except just 1 or 2 pricks that too very minimal. And he started to make slits and while having conversation with me and everything was going on smooth untill the slits oozing with blood. So Dr somesh asked me whether i had any bleeding disorder or HTN. I didnt had any. So he told that we should have to split the procedure into 2 days( i remembered the case of @NARMAK🥲). So he made the slits and just a few extraction was made by the technicians and implanted it on the side and when the doctor checked the oozing was still going on so he called off the procedure and explained me "if we would procede with this oozing now,the implanted grafts will plop out and its better to do the extraction and implantation tomorrow". And asked me to come at sharp 8am

So changed my dress and went back to my room they gave me a saline bottle to spray. I think only less than 100 grafts were implanted that day 

Day2

I reached the clinic on time. Had to wait sometime as they were preparing. So the procedure started around 8.45. There were many technicians in the room. A lady gave me local anesthesia and the i was asked to lie in prone position and the procedure started i could here some drilling machine sound on the back of my head but couldnt feel anything implanted. But after sometime only they started implanting( i though in DHT one by one is extracted and implanted,but it felt like extraction of many grafts at a time and then implanting. Is it like this?🤔") I asked the techs this concern is this supposed to be done simultaneously,but i didnt understand what they said. Soon i was turned to right lateral position and the procedure was going on. I could hear Dr somesh's voice checking in frequent intervals and instructing the the techs(couldnt see as my eyes were covered). And finally i was made in supine position and i lowered my eye cover and i could see 2 techs implanting on each side and 1 tech transferring the equipment and 2 tech loading the grafts to that equipment. They were so fast and was going like a machine harmonically(There were no extraction in this time. Around 1 hr only implantation was going on so i think my extraction was already done. Is it like that only?). I was anxious about this but couldnt ask because i didnt know hindi( it would be much better if someone is present at the OT to explain the procedure at each steps and to clear doubts). Soon my procedure was over and i was feeling so nervous about the  final outcome.

Dr Somesh came me and told that they have tried to fill with maximum density and managed to do 1805 grafts in the area. And then clicked some of my pictures and showed me i would say it looked great and i was so relieved. And then showed me a face mirror and it look so clean and perfect. I was taken to the photography room to click postOP pics and then i changed my dress and was taken to the lounge area and a guy came and explained me about the postOP care very detail manner and demonstrated everything and gave me a bag which contained medicines,saline spray,surgical caps,betadine and fuscidin cream for the donor area. 

I saw Dr Somesh and thanked him and said goodbye. The guys sitting in the reception told me that they would be bothering me for the next 7 days and i have to bear with them😁. And then gave me the invoice and returned the balance money back(as the estimated grafts were 2200 and only 1800 is implanted).

I had flight on the same day evening so i was extra vigilant not to bumb my head. Finally reached home safe. I was spraying saline religiously all this time. Also decided not to go out for atleast 10 days. Thank you

The extractions and implantation looks good imo.

I'd the opportunity to talk to Dr Somesh before my surgery with Dr Arika, and he came across as a very knowledgeable and passionate individual about hair transplants. So I'm sure your result would be great.

It was ethical of them to not touch the temples, but now that the surgery is done, you must know that you've committed yourself to a lifetime of finasteride usage. 

• Like 1