Transitioning from Hair System to HT this month Nov22

london1982

After 10 years in a system I’m off to Turkey for my first HT this month.

going to have about 4800 grafts. 800 take from my beard as I’m a NW5.

If anyone has transitioned out of system and can give any advice please let me know…

only a few people know I wear so I am planning on staying home during the winter, and if I go out local will wear a hat. praying after 4 months or so I will have good enough growth, have accepted the density will never be on par with a system and that ok at the age of 42.

any tips or maintenance on how to ensure good growth after the transplant is recommend. Already taking 1g of fin.

will post up some pictures soon 🙈 🙏🏼 tough few months ahead. Nervous but know it’s best for the long game. It’s been a great 10 years in the system no regrets.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, london1982 said:

any tips or maintenance on how to ensure good growth after the transplant is recommend. Already taking 1g of fin.

beyond taking meds and taking care to not dislodge grafts the first few days post-OP, the results are 100% in the hands of your surgeon. 

No I have done a lot of research and even spoken to people who have had it done at the same clinic and follow them on social media their results are good.

it was between them and Eugenixs but I needed more annual leave for India and flights were further away from U.K.

the clinic I’m going to is well established, I feel comfortable in my decision.

in terms of transition I want to wear a hat for social occasions post transplant, how long until I can wear a winter beanie hat or baseball cap ?

I’ve read exercise is 1 month wait? 

anymore rate these laser combs or something to stimulate the scalpe to get blood flow?

also once hair starting growing when are you allowed to get a first cut? Is in good to go grade 5 all over or just a gentle trim…

Will post up pictures later next week 👌 

On 11/16/2022 at 9:18 AM, london1982 said:

No I have done a lot of research and even spoken to people who have had it done at the same clinic and follow them on social media their results are good.

it was between them and Eugenixs but I needed more annual leave for India and flights were further away from U.K.

the clinic I’m going to is well established, I feel comfortable in my decision.

in terms of transition I want to wear a hat for social occasions post transplant, how long until I can wear a winter beanie hat or baseball cap ?

I’ve read exercise is 1 month wait? 

anymore rate these laser combs or something to stimulate the scalpe to get blood flow?

also once hair starting growing when are you allowed to get a first cut? Is in good to go grade 5 all over or just a gentle trim…

Will post up pictures later next week 👌 

Are you comfortable saying which clinic? It pays to be very skeptical of social media. Have you closely seen the results of the people you've spoken to?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 8:18 PM, london1982 said:

Do you know the names of the doctor and technicians that produced the good results?

Do you know if the same people working on your head?

Remember, a clinic is just the business, it is the people that perform the surgery.

Hair restoration requires knowledge and skill.

You need to pick the *people* that have performed consistent, repeatable results ... anything else is russian roulette.

• Like 1

Yes Dr. Ahmet Yildirim did all the slits, don’t recall all the technicians names, they take the hair out and put them in, but you do have to put some trust in the Dr selection of the technicians, it’s not like you can look them up on Linked in.

I was pretty happy with how it went I’ve got a lot to cover and only half way there the plan is to have number 2 done in late 2023 so won’t be 2024 until I see the end result.

C705DEBD-3C61-4564-9082-988CFAD4E411.jpeg

4CD80B83-339C-410D-A463-B18240F51229.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

Well HT have got much better and more affordable over the years, 10 years ago when I started wearing a system it was £30k for a transplant. Now more surgeon and the average man can afford  it. 

So if I get a regroom £40 every 3 weeks, and 4 new systems a year at £400 a pop, that’s £2300 a year.

Next 20 years that’s £55k or pay £5-10k for a transplant. 

Also colouring the system, maintenance  and the older you get the density is tricky. It was a no brainier.

But don’t get me wrong no regrets, hair systems are good and undectable. I’m just at a different life stage now.

Edited by london1982
  • Like 3

God to hear you have a new path.

For me hair systems have worked out much cheaper but I wholly DIY. I pay £300 per a piece and get more than a year per piece. I do my own attachments, cut ins now and monthly cuts.

I agree with Grincher, but if I had to pay £2300 a year I'd be going down the HT route.  I spend around £450 a year that's everything i need.  But I'm in a similar position to London1982, i don't have as much hair loss, I'd imagine I would need around 2000 grafts and that would be me done.  I would go to Canada or the US for mine.  I would be very concerned about Turkey although i have seen good results there are some scare stories.

But its looking good mate I hope you have great results, I'm 47 and I wonder if I'll take the plunge in the next few years.

The transition might be a little easier for me as I wear a hairline piece and i might need to wear it a little lower.  I do think of it from time to time, but i guess your never ready for a HT until your in the chair.

• Like 1

Can’t be believe you get one system to last you a year, I guess I played football in mine and surfed so it got battered, I also only went for a low density so after 3 months you can see lace.

Even at £300 a piece over 10 years it’s £3k and you can get them done in Turkey for that price but you need to do your homework.

The worst part for me is now, 2 months post op, I’m just waiting for growth and I will need a 2nd one too to fill the crown.

Don’t miss regrooms. Also I didn’t want my kids to reach teenagers years and rumble me.

15 hours ago, london1982 said:

Can’t be believe you get one system to last you a year, I guess I played football in mine and surfed so it got battered, I also only went for a low density so after 3 months you can see lace.

Even at £300 a piece over 10 years it’s £3k and you can get them done in Turkey for that price but you need to do your homework.

The worst part for me is now, 2 months post op, I’m just waiting for growth and I will need a 2nd one too to fill the crown.

Don’t miss regrooms. Also I didn’t want my kids to reach teenagers years and rumble me.

Yeah but i guess its only a small expense compared to a very large one, and I would be looking at a lot more than £3000, I'm sure you'll have great results, but I would have to go to a top doctor and I'd be looking at £10,000 even for 2000 grafts.   But its never been the cost that concerns me.

There are pros and cons of wearing as there would be if i decided to have a HT.

I'm happy i've found a solution that I like, that's easy, cost effective and flawless, the only downside is its not all my own hair lol.  But i would never rule out having a HT because in the end nothing beats having all your own hair with no help.

• 5 weeks later...

Pretty slow coming up to 3 months next week, months 4 and 5 is usually when most start to notice the difference, but takes 12 months to full reap the benefits.

Haven’t had a cut since the start, prob gonna grade 1/2 buzz in in March, then let it grow out at the end of summer.

waiting game now

3B7D448E-E650-49AE-8DA4-1813B944FBB1.jpeg

3BE77ACE-D5C7-486B-B3AE-3AD4139DDF87.jpeg

I’m also planing to go to long hair Center I’m having good/bad reviews…some people r saying that is hair mill…as u have done the transplant there…how was the environment??!and how many surgeries take place in a day at long hair Center??

1 hour ago, safwan said:

I’m also planing to go to long hair Center I’m having good/bad reviews…some people r saying that is hair mill…as u have done the transplant there…how was the environment??!and how many surgeries take place in a day at long hair Center??

It appears to be a hair mill, meaning you are gambling your money, time and hair resources.  4.9/5 with 200 google reviews?  It's mostly fake.  Read through them and see the pattern.  These clinics have a budget from the Turkish government to spend on ads and they hire people to right reviews.  Many years ago I did some gigs for Clickworker, and that's what it was - being paid small amounts to write reviews that the customer is paying for through one of these types of agencies.

If money is tight, your best advice from here is to keep it and not risk a botched procedure.

image.png.fe60e50311cacb8aae1b9c37241b9015.png

I saw very good review  on Reddit and also in Quora about long hair Center…also in this forum already 2 guys gave good review about long hair Center…..I tried to contact dr gur fuecapilar but they r too slow to reply….I don’t know what to do 

15 hours ago, AB2000 said:

It appears to be a hair mill, meaning you are gambling your money, time and hair resources.  4.9/5 with 200 google reviews?  It's mostly fake.  Read through them and see the pattern.  These clinics have a budget from the Turkish government to spend on ads and they hire people to right reviews.  Many years ago I did some gigs for Clickworker, and that's what it was - being paid small amounts to write reviews that the customer is paying for through one of these types of agencies.

If money is tight, your best advice from here is to keep it and not risk a botched procedure.

image.png.fe60e50311cacb8aae1b9c37241b9015.png

Hmmm from my personal experience. I found it very professional.

Dr Ahmet Yildirim did all 4200 slits on my head and the technicians extracted the hairs and inserted them. He has been doing it for 10 years. I was in a very clean modern hospital and felt looked after, at no point was I worried that this was a mill.

I work in digital marketing so you can’t determine if a hair centre is a mill by Google reviews being 4.9. I’ve had lots of customers who are builders and hairstylist who have 5.0 on Google review as their mates have reviewed them and given them 5* doesn’t mean they are bad builders or stylists.

But I get what you are saying, it would appear that some of the reviews aren’t genuine but I would guess they have paid an external company to manage the channels/reviews, that doesn’t take away the skill of the Dr and his team.

Anyone thinking of Turkey needs to select the Dr Carefully, do your research ask questions like, what part of the procedure will the Dr be doing, get them to include it it writing, if the main Dr isn't doing the slits or any of the op, then who is and how skilled Experience are they.

My op was 8 hours and had 5 people working on me. It’s hard  for one person to do it all, i don’t think there are many surgeon out there that do it all.

In 5/6 months time I’ll be able to share my result with Longhair as only just coming up to 3 month.  Picture below are pre op v today 85 days  post op.  Will send an update next month o  progress. Only time will tell 🤞😛5CFEB469-698D-4081-9708-FBC59835E10C.thumb.jpeg.6faad983b75d8f26818dece057cbf835.jpegAE96B852-A41B-49CC-BA5A-C55F8702D9AD.thumb.jpeg.6d979d2abc9ab41f1cbf456609572027.jpeg

7 hours ago, london1982 said:

In 5/6 months time I’ll be able to share my result with Longhair as only just coming up to 3 month.  Picture below are pre op v today 85 days  post op.  Will send an update next month o  progress. Only time will tell 🤞😛

That's part of the issue, many times we little in terms of results, so it will be helpful for future patients to see how it went for you.  Many of the same doctors show up, so it is useful for those like yourself who go to places not as well represented on the board to share their experiences.

On 2/13/2023 at 2:46 AM, safwan said:

I would do your research and go to a renowned  top doctor.

• 3 months later...