Think I’ve made a huge mistake

I lost a good sum of money in the stock market on a bad trade because I didn’t do my homework, after beating myself up and taking along walk I decided it’s money that can be replaced and the reason I lost it was because I didn’t do my homework. You can replace the money but if you decide to chance your appearance and the very likely  possibility of having a very subpar result that may not be able to be fixed because your worried about a couple grand than spend some more time on this forum and search botched, don’t chance it, not worth it! 

• Thanks 1

I lost a good sum of money in the stock market on a bad trade because I didn’t do my homework, after beating myself up and taking along walk I decided it’s money that can be replaced and the reason I lost it was because I didn’t do my homework. You can replace the money but if you decide to chance your appearance and the very likely  possibility of having a very subpar result that may not be able to be fixed because your worried about a couple grand than spend some more time on this forum and search botched, don’t chance it, not worth it! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Chetman2112 said:

I lost a good sum of money in the stock market on a bad trade because I didn’t do my homework, after beating myself up and taking along walk I decided it’s money that can be replaced and the reason I lost it was because I didn’t do my homework. You can replace the money but if you decide to chance your appearance and the very likely  possibility of having a very subpar result that may not be able to be fixed because your worried about a couple grand than spend some more time on this forum and search botched, don’t chance it, not worth it! 

Great analogy! 👌

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chetman2112 said:

I lost a good sum of money in the stock market on a bad trade because I didn’t do my homework, after beating myself up and taking along walk I decided it’s money that can be replaced and the reason I lost it was because I didn’t do my homework. You can replace the money but if you decide to chance your appearance and the very likely  possibility of having a very subpar result that may not be able to be fixed because your worried about a couple grand than spend some more time on this forum and search botched, don’t chance it, not worth it! 

this is a great analogy. 

Money can be replaced, surgery is permanent*

*maybe not literally permanent if you get repaired, but I feel like every botched surgery requires at least 2 repairs if not more. 

Much better to just eat the $3k and start from scratch...

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 2

Okay, thanks guys. I fully get the point that I shouldn't go for the sake of having plane tickets if I can't get in with a decent doctor within that time frame. My main dilemma now is that if Dr. Yaman is considered a decent enough doctor? I've read a lot of threads about him and most seem be positive with only a couple of negative experiences (including one where hair growth was good but temples were just a bit off), or have I missed something? 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 7:01 AM, mr_peanutbutter said:

maybe bicer has time

other than that: turkey is a wonderful country, instanbul always worth a visit

Also, OP may have a chance to do some consults with the top doctors over there. They may diagnose his donor area, and come up with a hairline design that the OP can then spends months to reflect upon. 

1 hour ago, Adrenaline7 said:

Okay, thanks guys. I fully get the point that I shouldn't go for the sake of having plane tickets if I can't get in with a decent doctor within that time frame. My main dilemma now is that if Dr. Yaman is considered a decent enough doctor? I've read a lot of threads about him and most seem be positive with only a couple of negative experiences (including one where hair growth was good but temples were just a bit off), or have I missed something? 

i think most aren't sure how credible / skillful dr yaman's tech are, since now he has been increasing the quantity of tech and surgery / day compared to back then. then there's the temple issue on several members, with wrong implantation angle. iirc design and incision is usually done by the dr, so this could be an error by the dr himself. one case might be an outlier, but there were repeat, so many members are cowed. especially those who has been vocal in saying dr yaman did great.

HT usually needs at least several months to judge their result, and with less people coming up with dr yaman's work, no one can really say how he performs now, other than that there are some mishaps back then which is a blot to his otherwise good rep.

I was thinking just like OP when I was sitting in ASMEDs lobby, my gut telling me to run, but alas.. I convinced myself to stay, after all i paid for the tickets, the deposit, the waiting time.. and surely they are good with such a high rating on google, trust pilot etc.. well afterwards I've learned these clinic pay good money to report spam bad reviews to have them removed, my own as well.. 

OP I wish every single day of my life that I had trusted my gut instinct and walked out that day, done more research.. not rushed into something so potentially life altering.. every single day OP, don't be like me

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

30 minutes ago, botchedguy95 said:

I was thinking just like OP when I was sitting in ASMEDs lobby, my gut telling me to run, but alas.. I convinced myself to stay, after all i paid for the tickets, the deposit, the waiting time.. and surely they are good with such a high rating on google, trust pilot etc.. well afterwards I've learned these clinic pay good money to report spam bad reviews to have them removed, my own as well.. 

OP I wish every single day of my life that I had trusted my gut instinct and walked out that day, done more research.. not rushed into something so potentially life altering.. every single day OP, don't be like me

What is the problem with your result bro? Overharvesting? Unnatural? No growth?

On 11/7/2022 at 9:13 PM, Adrenaline7 said:

Dude, you're still missing something. Do not look for turkey. Just because you bought a ticket to go to turkey does not mean you need to get a transplant there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Dude, you're still missing something. Do not look for turkey. Just because you bought a ticket to go to turkey does not mean you need to get a transplant there.

HDC over in Cyprus is not far from Turkey and has a similar cost.  It's a recommended clinic here if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by AB2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

• Like 3

Just to let you know, I have taken the advice here and the flights to Istanbul have been cancelled. In the end after unrecoverable costs and cancellation fees I lost about 1k. Money well spent if it saves my hair from being butchered I guess. 

A reputable doctor in Bangkok in January is the next move I’m looking at (much shorter flight too). I can’t live with hair like this for much longer. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RTC said:

OP, with all due respect, it's mad how you are receiving the same message over and over and keep talking about Yaman. Just don't go to him. Forget about Turkey unless it's Bicer.

I've become so jaded by all of this, guys will willingly take these huge risks for the prospect of "having hair this summer", not thinking about the possibility of looking loke a freak for all summers to come, what can I say.. the recommended list on this site needs to be reviewed 

• Like 2