Asmed | Dr. Koray | 12 October 2022 | 5200 graphs

I am a pacient of Dr. Koray and I'm 34 years old. I did 5020 graphs on 11 and 12th of October 2022. I decided to choose the most expensive option at 3 euro per graph, where the doctor makes all incisions, thus trying to maximize the chances to have a good result.

I’ll try to summarize below key points I like and don’t like.

Pros

1. The patient responsible was very nice, answered every question I had, gave me very clear indications of what to do post procedure and responds quite quickly to my questions on WhatsApp;
  2. They really give you the feeling of a premium experience. Everything inside the clinic was really well built specific for a hair transplant clinic. I assume the investment was not small;
  3. The operation overall was very painless and gave me everything I needed;

Cons

1. During the incisions made by Dr. Koray they put me to sleep. That was in the first day of the operation, when they did my hairline and frontal part; I don’t want to speculate now why they did that, but I don’t like it honestly; 
  2. They don’t want to provide the readings from Ke-Bot with the counting of implanted graphs. They only provide that 1 page with the number of graphs implanted and other details, which is not based on Ke-Bot scanning, as far as I understand. Thus, Ke-Bot is more like an internal software and a marketing tool, rather than an equipment useful for the patient;
  3. Even though I paid the most expensive option, Dr. Koray spend only 6-7 minutes with me before and after the operation;

Other

1. Unfortunately, I discovered this forum a few days ago, so I didn’t know about the issues with Asmed clinic that other members here are talking about. As someone that does industry research for large investment funds, I’m a bit frustrated that I didn’t do my research well. However, I see there are some very good results presented on this forum as well, so at this point I try to remain positive.
  2. I know it’s very early, but compared with other Asmed patients here, I’m a bit concerned with the density in the frontal part, after the scabs have fallen, as you can see on picture day 16;
  3. We agreed on 5000 graphs initially, but then Dr. Koray told me my donor capacity is 7000 graphs, which is quite below average. When he told me that, I should have decreased the number of graphs to 4000-4500, just to keep a little bit more graphs in the donor area.

I believe so far I managed to follow the guidelines ‘by the book’, I’m trying to do all I can to increase the chances for a good result. I started taking Finasteride immediately after the procedure.

I started this post to have a history of my evolution, by month.

picture side before.JPG

picture front before.JPG

_DSC5285.JPG

_DSC5284.JPG

image01_1660459368.jpg

17873_Arka_1.JPG

17873_Ust_1.JPG

17869_Ust_2.JPG

Day 16 top.jpg

Day 16 back.jpg

OP is it possible to get more high resolution images from the clinic? I know they take pictures in a studio setting with a very expensive camera, yet somehow the images they give you are just blurry enough so that you can't zoom in to count the grafts, if I were you I would demand the higher resolution images so we can ger an idea about how and where the grafts were placed, because judging by your starting point i have a really hard time understanding how they fit 5000 grafts around your existing hair.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, botchedguy95 said:

OP is it possible to get more high resolution images from the clinic? I know they take pictures in a studio setting with a very expensive camera, yet somehow the images they give you are just blurry enough so that you can't zoom in to count the grafts, if I were you I would demand the higher resolution images so we can ger an idea about how and where the grafts were placed, because judging by your starting point i have a really hard time understanding how they fit 5000 grafts around your existing hair.

The pictures they gave me have a much better resolution indeed, but once I uploaded them here apparently the size of the picture and implicitly the quality is not that great. If I start counting the graphs manually I might get to the wrong conclusion, if I do it wrong. If they put less graphs, then I have more in the donor area :). However, what matters most is how many of those implanted graphs will survive, which we will see in the coming 6-8 months. Thanks

Good luck and happy growing bro. Looks clean work….👍
Considering the number of grafts placed and your previous situation I think that you are going to get a good result.

Let’s wait 8 months to judge! Keep us updated ! 😃

Edited by Jackdaniels
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I went to the same clinic Apr 2022 and shared exactly your concerns.. my graft calculator looks eerily similar to yours .. in the end it turned out just fine so far , you can check out my thread at your convenience. Happy growing! 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Actually you are looking pretty good for Month 7. 

Remember, HT's are meant to give an illusion of density under NORMAL viewing conditions, not zoomed in 4K shots. If you post some more pics at normal viewing distances/angles, I believe that the result will be much more flattering. Also, you still have a good 5 months of growing and thickening ahead of you. Check out my thread for progress similar to yours. 

• Valued Contributor

Its not that bad dear....so dont worry...you still have time to improve ...hairs will get more thicker and fuller and you will get density till 14-16 months ....and hope you are on medication ....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

3 hours ago, PatientHT5020 said:

7 months result. Very disappointed, very bad density in the frontal part.

7 months.jpg

I think it looks pretty good for 7 months. The density is good and it will improved the next months. Remember Hair transplant is an illusion of density you can never expect natural hair density with hair transplant. 

Edited by Belve

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Give it the full 12 months before passing judgement.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 6:54 PM, miko said:

It's still too early, but it looks like another failure and bad outcome of this "clinic". And NO, this is definitely NOT a good density...

Yeah it is good density and its not a failure

• Administrators

We can’t say for sure until he posts an update.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.