Weak Donor Hair?

23 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Yes, I'd say so. The flash/lighting is a little bright in the pictures and may add to transparency, but it does seem you have a thinning area all over. 

Would a hair transplant be bad idea for me? I want full coverage on my frontal area and lower the hairline a little bit. 

1 minute ago, Henry said:

Would a hair transplant be bad idea for me? I want full coverage on my frontal area and lower the hairline a little bit. 

Based on these pictures, yes. I wouldn't advise it as you seem to have almost as much thinning on the back as on the top making a transplant illogical. How old are you, has your hair loss always looked like this, and what if any strategy have you taken to combat it so far?

10 minutes ago, general-etwan said:

Based on these pictures, yes. I wouldn't advise it as you seem to have almost as much thinning on the back as on the top making a transplant illogical. How old are you, has your hair loss always looked like this, and what if any strategy have you taken to combat it so far?

There is definitely less hair on my top though. And even lesser on my front. Just restarted fin daily last july after stopping for 6 months. Same with min. This is the first time ive really observed my hair from the back in this length, my hairloss started early with receding sides and top not growing as long.  I'm 30. 31 this march.  

• Administrators

Flash photography is the worst. You need to take better pictures in natural lighting. It’s normal to see scalp with short hair and flash. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

These are overexposed by lightning photos, can't get clear reference.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Flash photography is the worst. You need to take better pictures in natural lighting. It’s normal to see scalp with short hair and flash. 

8 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

I figured the more light that hits my scalp the more clearly you guys could evaluate. 

9 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

At certain angles and light situations it looks thin. Sometimes it looks thick i don't know. 

20221030_081930.jpg

20221030_081851.jpg

20221030_081839.jpg

20221030_081826_001.jpg

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Henry said:

At certain angles and light situations it looks thin. Sometimes it looks thick i don't know. 

20221030_081930.jpg

20221030_081851.jpg

20221030_081839.jpg

20221030_081826_001.jpg

Looks normal. I don’t see any thinning.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks normal, I don't think you even need to consider HT.

• Like 2

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

Looks normal, I don't think you even need to consider HT.

I definitely don't need it as much as some people but i do think I'm on my way to a Norwood 5 or 6. I'm 30 and taking meds. The thickness/number of hairs on my sides and back are not comparable to the top and front which also doesn't grow as long. 

20221030_203732.jpg

20221030_203726.jpg

20221030_203715.jpg

20221030_203536.jpg

20221027_155625.jpg

You have years to wait to even consider HT, can't see yet reference for a final hairloss pattern, barely can see a "problem", a procedure now will only cause you damages and grief.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

You have years to wait to even consider HT, can't see yet reference for a final hairloss pattern, barely can see a "problem", a procedure now will only cause you damages and grief.

Can't i do it just to strengthen and lower my hairline a little bit? Since that's what I'm most bothered by. Maybe 2.5k to 3k grafts to really strengthen it. 

Clearly you need a microscopic examination of your scalp…this will confirm the status of your hair.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

20 hours ago, Henry said:

Can't i do it just to strengthen and lower my hairline a little bit? Since that's what I'm most bothered by. Maybe 2.5k to 3k grafts to really strengthen it. 

It's too early since you have a lot of natural hair which will make the HT result not homogenous, 2-3k grafts will be a huge waste, if you'll lower your hairline it will be very unnatural under your forehead muscle.

12 minutes ago, Doron Harati said:

It's too early since you have a lot of natural hair which will make the HT result not homogenous, 2-3k grafts will be a huge waste, if you'll lower your hairline it will be very unnatural under your forehead muscle.

Im talking about lowering the sides mainly. What do you think, heres a couple of clearer pictures

20221101_135405.jpg

20221101_135319.jpg

• Valued Contributor

If you try and replicate mother nature surgically you run the very real risk with your fine hair type of having an obvious looking hair transplant hair line. On top of that if you start to recede you will be left with this transplanted area being separate from the remaining native hair. In years to come you will be left chasing that hairline with a donor that you don't know what will be in the future. I know it's stressful but you have to look at at every potential angle once you are cut. In hind sight sometimes doing nothing turns out to be the best option and one most regretted.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

If you try and replicate mother nature surgically you run the very real risk with your fine hair type of having an obvious looking hair transplant hair line. On top of that if you start to recede you will be left with this transplanted area being separate from the remaining native hair. In years to come you will be left chasing that hairline with a donor that you don't know what will be in the future. I know it's stressful but you have to look at at every potential angle once you are cut. In hind sight sometimes doing nothing turns out to be the best option and one most regretted.

Im aware sir, im not lowering my entire hairline. Just the sides Are you guys not seeing the problem? here I'll send pictures of it longer.

20220929_150558.jpg

20220930_193151.jpg

Sorry if i come off as impatient or stubborn. Im just tired of the current state of my hair. If i waited for years then it'll mean ill be stuck with a hairline i dont like every single time i look in the mirror for who knows how long.

I'm gonna caution you, cause you look like a younger guy.  Your hairline is fine.  You are getting older, and things are going to look different. You can fight it, but hairloss keeps rolling your whole life.  80% of the people on this forum would kill to look as you do now.  

What you probably need is a stylish haircut that makes you feel better about what you have going on now.  If you transplant now, they are going to have to match your native density.  This is going to waste a metric ton of grafts, and give you minimal results at best. 

At worst, you are going to get butchered.  In the middle, you are going to have a very unnatural look because you hairline is strangely low and not as dense in certain areas.  At best, you get slightly better results that not many people are going to notice.  In 5 years your going to actually need a transplant, and you wasted 60% of your grafts foolishly.

It may sound harsh, but you probably should know what you want to get yourself into. Talk to a doctor about meds, wait a few years, and revisit it when and if things are stable later on.

Edited by MisterBreakfast
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 7:29 PM, Gatsby said:

Every young man in his early 20’s, especially with that same diffused thinning pattern should read these words of wisdom.

• Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY