Pictures... Pictures... Pictures... I hate them.

So, I am planning on getting my Hair Transplant soon. So I know the obvious question will come pretty early: "Can we take pictures for promoting our business"

I am not a big social media person. I don't use social media. I don't like pictures. 

But if the HT doctor can't use my pictures to promote his business, then what incentive does he have to do a good job? He might botch me because I refused to let him take pictures.

AHHH

• Administrators

The majority of patients refuse to allow their pictures. Most surgeons give you a discount for allowing to use your images for marketing.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

27 minutes ago, DriveByShooter said:

So, I am planning on getting my Hair Transplant soon. So I know the obvious question will come pretty early: "Can we take pictures for promoting our business"

I am not a big social media person. I don't use social media. I don't like pictures. 

But if the HT doctor can't use my pictures to promote his business, then what incentive does he have to do a good job? He might botch me because I refused to let him take pictures.

AHHH

That doesn't make sense because if he does a bad job, that doesn't stop you from posting your photos and experience, which in the long run hurts their business. Their incentive is to make you a happy patient in case you decide to post online...

• Like 1

If a surgeon cannot do a good job without using pictures, then they need to be expressly avoided. However, as Melvin said, they usually offer a discount if you allow your imaged to be used. Even with a blurred face. 

I would strongly urge anybody to properly research though to make sure the surgeon and techs are of a high calibre generally and avoid hair mills. That said, even doing the best research, you're not guaranteed to avoid issues. 

We never pay anyone to post a result and probably not even 1 percent do share their case and no professional clinic would do a bodge job on account of a patient not sharing..None of the people here see even 1 percent of surgeries done so don't worry..it should be a non-issue. I do not like paying or offering money to patients personally and never have..they should post as they have a genuine interest to give back to the community that helped them and without photos they to would not have probably had surgery if others had not shared. So, do not let that be a concern and avoid any who pressure you into posting. 

• Like 3

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network