Surgery split into two parts - is it safe?

My surgery in June with Dr. Mwamba was 3 days. He said he sometimes does surgeries that are 4 or even 5 days long. I thought my 3 day surgery was long, cant imagine what situation requires 4-5 days. 

Mwamba did say that anesthesia does lose its effectiveness the more days your surgery is. Apparently people develop rapid tolerances to the lidocaine or whatever. 

This doesn't mean you will be in more pain, just that you will be injected more. 

I myself did notice that towards the end of Day 2, and all of Day 3, I was getting injected much more frequently than I was on Day 1. 

Yes it's normal.

I had 3 hts, my 1st horrific experience was done by Arenamed clinic (hair mill) in Turkey Istanbul and then I had 2 repair procedures at HDC clinic by Dr. Maras, both surgeries took 2 days with no issues, the reason for is because the clinic do roughly around 2500 grafts in 1 day, so the job can be done professionally, repair cases like mine can have less grafts in a day due to the repair complicity, so I had 2 days for 2500 grafts.

Some cases can even have 3 days surgey if there's a beard grafts procedure.

You just need to make sure you don't have medical issues or allergy for local anesthesia.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

My surgery was split into 2 days after i had a spike in BP and whatnot. 

Tbh, it seems to have turned out fine but you should choose a good doctor and clinic, then let them do their thing regardless of how many days they need to do it properly.