Starting Xyon (topical finastride) journey + HT

Kerma M

Hello everyone, 

I’m starting this thread as part of signing up to try topical Xyon Gel for 1 year to share my result and experience.

I’m 35 years old with Norwood 5/6, I started having hair loss in my late 20’s but it was not until 2 years ago when I Niaz noticeable loss in crown and hairlines, I started using oral finasteride for over a year now, and I didn’t have any side effects but I didn’t feel it made any difference in my hair loss, I also use topical minoxidil but not too compliant with it! 
I had my first and only HT on May 2022 for crown and conservative hairline, I’m starting to see some results now as I’m heading to my fifth month. I had no transplant at all in my midscalp area! I decided to try Xyon with hope it will be effective in increasing the density in my midscalp mainly and hopefully with crown too! 
My current regimen will be daily topical finasteride (Xyon) and topical Minoxidil. I’ll be posting updates and pic every 1-2 months.

Please feel free to ask any questions! I’m attaching recent pic prior to starting Xyon for reference. 

Disclosure: I’m participating in a 12 month Xyon campaign in which I share my unbiased and honest experience along with follow up pictures and I’ll be getting the supply for free throughout my 1 year journey!

20C8432A-4F48-43B2-ABD9-D7215B7E7B5D.jpeg

1B5EB336-BFFF-41E4-9416-E1B5CAE12CBC.jpeg

034DFC83-2FA2-4F18-8C89-1505FE2B4549.jpeg

00C48020-011E-425E-BF7E-2C593779F8D3.jpeg

A864B960-0B7C-48DD-ABE9-A8A38535D679.jpeg

• Administrators

I’m excited to see how it will work in the crown. If it can get some regrowth that will be amazing.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I wasn’t told that I can’t use topical minoxidil with Xyon! So far, I’m using them at different timings. One in the morning and other in the evening (both once a day).
But I’ll reach out to my dermatologist through Xyon to ask about advice as well 

Edited by Kerma M

On 9/24/2022 at 3:12 PM, hockeyman said:

Be sure to report back on what they say.

So I got a reply from my dermatologist at Xyon! They mentioned it’s ok to use both but preferably to space them by couple of hours.

Currently I’m using Xyon in the morning (it takes a bit longer to dry up) and I use minoxidil in the evening.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I am posting about a month update since I started using topical Xyon.

What I like so far, It’s easier to apply because it’s a thick gel so it won’t start seeding to the forehead like topical minoxidil.
However, since its a gel I feel its harder to cover all my scalp with just 1ml. I can use 2 ml every other day but I’m sticking with 1ml daily to keep the routine. I don’t feel my hair is getting thicker or fuller yet! It’s probably early to judge.
In the pic below my hair is longer as I didn’t cut it since my last post! I will try to add a pic with my hair wet every time for objective reference 

A9C5440C-24DF-4A35-8A69-3C42FF9DF460.jpeg

FD308505-69FE-460E-B6C3-6F99F8313A2F.jpeg

C93F35A6-4388-4A62-AB3B-7183CECF8380.jpeg

98C87264-3402-40E1-81ED-0924E98093EB.jpeg

• Administrators

Wow that’s a significant improvement in a month. When you compare both wet photos the difference is striking, very exciting for me, as I embark on my own journey. 

EB47A396-80B5-4C87-8FD8-AE71B78507E5.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

What are H&W going to gain from these orchestrated Xyon patient threads when they’re pretty much all using them in conjunction with other meds, aside from cynical comments and speculation from the community that the other adjuncts are likely producing the results?

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

What are H&W going to gain from these orchestrated Xyon patient threads when they’re pretty much all using them in conjunction with other meds, aside from cynical comments and speculation from the community that the other adjuncts are likely producing the results?

I’m pretty much just using Xyon at this point, I’m also taking Biotin supplements but that’s it!

I was planning initially to use minoxidil topical daily but haven’t been consistent, maybe I apply it once every 2-3 days! 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Curious25 said:

The participants were allowed to use other non-finasteride products, as long as they’ve used them for 6 months. That would be fine considering their baseline.

I don’t believe they ever agreed to participants adding other treatments simultaneously. Perhaps, the participants need to be reminded. 

View my thread

2 hours ago, Kerma M said:

I’m pretty much just using Xyon at this point, I’m also taking Biotin supplements but that’s it!

I was planning initially to use minoxidil topical daily but haven’t been consistent, maybe I apply it once every 2-3 days! 

I’m not faulting you for wanting to use minoxidil - I’m just pointing out that from a marketing and publicity perspective, which I’m assuming Hasson was after with this 12 month free supply in return for a thread campaign, it’s simply just voiding it from the get go. 

• Like 1

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

The participants were allowed to use other non-finasteride products, as long as they’ve used them for 6 months. That would be fine considering their baseline.

I don’t believe they ever agreed to participants adding other treatments simultaneously. Perhaps, the participants need to be reminded. 

I’m not digging at the participants - I’m just highlighting what I assume to be the obvious? No one is going to be able to grasp a reality of how well this product works, if it’s being used in conjunction with other proven medications - which was what I presumed the whole point of the free 12 month supply in return for a publicised review was aimed at creating. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Kerma M said:

If you haven’t used minoxidil before, using it during this trial would ruin the actual trial. I believe Xyon made it clear that you could use products that you used months beforehand, not new products while you’re on the trial. That defeats the purpose of the trial.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...

It’s about time for monthly update! I notice some improvement in mid scalp area, however my hair is getting longer and I didn’t get a haircut which may camouflage the actual results! Also applying the gel isn’t easy especially with long hair, it get stuck in the hair which makes it harder to apply to the scalp! 

03A0CF91-9052-4A49-9D02-7BEC8437E00B.jpeg

C348E6E3-74DB-4B9C-8926-10F5B6322B7A.jpeg

0E85B15C-CDAA-4D3F-B232-A1BB6EDB9E57.jpeg

3FF1876A-AEB4-4E29-88F0-722E44AA423D.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 8:12 AM, Kerma M said:

It’s about time for monthly update! I notice some improvement in mid scalp area, however my hair is getting longer and I didn’t get a haircut which may camouflage the actual results! Also applying the gel isn’t easy especially with long hair, it get stuck in the hair which makes it harder to apply to the scalp! 

03A0CF91-9052-4A49-9D02-7BEC8437E00B.jpeg

C348E6E3-74DB-4B9C-8926-10F5B6322B7A.jpeg

0E85B15C-CDAA-4D3F-B232-A1BB6EDB9E57.jpeg

3FF1876A-AEB4-4E29-88F0-722E44AA423D.jpeg

Do you still irregularly apply minoxidil?

On 12/29/2022 at 1:43 PM, Fox243 said:

Do you still irregularly apply minoxidil?

Yes I do! I’m not a big fan of top min, it start to fall on my forehead and I find it difficult to be compliant! But this been going on for years now since I had hair loss! I’m considering oral min, but will do after finishing the year of Xyon to see the results 

Asking this sincerely in the least 'attempting-to-be-rude' way possible...

Why not ensure consistent hair length for each next set of pics to truly visually illustrate the efficacy of this whole thing?

On 1/5/2023 at 8:51 AM, jfally said:

Asking this sincerely in the least 'attempting-to-be-rude' way possible...

Why not ensure consistent hair length for each next set of pics to truly visually illustrate the efficacy of this whole thing?

That’s a good point! it’s just I don’t like cut my hair too often!

It can be little challenging to make sure every time it’s the exact hair cut but in general if there is significant hair growth then it should show regardless! 

• 4 weeks later...

This is my monthly update! Not sure if it’s getting better, I feel my hair is about the same, it feels thin and I noticed same hair falling when I wash my hair!

I am using Xyon daily and so far no side effects 

51BF8D8C-A454-4FCF-8FFE-BC6E340ADFA0.jpeg

F117A180-1AD1-4597-A852-159810493BEE.jpeg

248A8855-5769-4DB2-B13F-F40491517D67.jpeg

36513554-7892-4F8B-8624-A2A0A6513181.jpeg

Your inconsistent use of minoxidil is likely negatively impacting your ability to improve - if it’s not used consistently, then your hair cycles will be all over the place, and probably going in and out of shedding phases continuously. 

You have a lot of miniaturised hair, so from your personal hair loss standpoint, to give yourself the best chance of improving from where you are just now, you would be much better poised with consistent use of proven medication. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

There’s improvement for sure in the crown. There’s a clear difference side by side.31678D6D-A169-406D-ACCB-B63FB54201DF.jpegA4F70C3A-A820-42E0-ABAF-33224E6A4493.jpeg

• Like 2

View my thread