Post hair transplant haircuts/styles

Hey all,

I've recently noticed a handful (if even that) posts on here reporting overharvesting on the donor side for Eugenix. IMO, I do think it's a small sample, and my opinion of Eugenix is still 'the best bang for your buck.'

I have set up an appointment with them later this year and will be posting progress pics and a thread.

My question is related to the post HT haircuts.. I usually get skin fades, do the FUE scars/marks show and if so after how many months does it begin to heal/become unnoticeable?

• Like 2

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

Ive had 7k grafts done with fue. I can go down to a #3 buzz cut and cant see scars at all. A #2 buzzcut you can see the acars under bright lights a few days after buzz cut, but IMO it doesnt look weird or anything. 

Regardless, for the mast majority of ppl id say, hair transplants are a bit more limiting in your styling options 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MazAB said:

Tough call because it is different for everyone. FUE scars may be more visibly noticeable on some vs others. With my FUE transplant from Eugenix, I can't see my FUE scars at all, even when I shave down to a .5 spacer on the sides. 

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Yup, I have the same package deal that you chose. With Dr. Bansal. , and I would love to have this hairstyle/cut post HT lol

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-09 at 8.54.55 AM.jpeg

d8088411-6c58-41be-a25f-7182c0b2f369.jpg

• Like 1

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022

I can do a pretty low skin fade without things being noticeable, and can do the entire sides/back with a 1guard as well. The funny thing is though that every barber I've had and every single friend I've asked when I cut it that short insist that they don't see anything alarming or noticeable about my scalp. However, I sometimes get it cut and look at the back and can notice that I had work done - even though nobody else seems to think so. 

The point is that we also need to keep in mind that those of us familiar with hair transplants are going to be much more inclined to notice anything out of the ordinary than your average person... So while certain haircuts may be "off limits" from a technical point of view, it seems some of us may have a few more options than we realize in regards to it being inconspicuous to the average person. 

• Like 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

You can wear your hair anyway you want   But what looks ideal on you will ultimately depend on several factors. For example how much density and coverage you obtain will affect the appearance of a particular hairstyle.  So will the length of your hair.  The key is finding a hairstyle that looks the best on you based on the specifics of your procedure and how much cumulative hair you have between the transplanted hair and your natural hair.

I hope this helps 

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Skin fades are tough to pull off after fue unless you fall under ideal conditions and have a top notch doctor using top notch tools.

In my personal opinion, I’ve seen too many results on this forum from eugenix with donor homogenization issues. 

extraction spacing, punch size, splitting of grafts, punch type, skill of the doctor all come into play here for how your donor looks after surgery.

Some people can still pull off skin fades.  It depends on multiple factors.

If your doctor can get away with using very low diameter punches, that helps a lot,  how well you scar is a big factor.  Your skin color is a big factor.  Also how your skin pigments when forming scars is a factor.

Check out my journey here:

It is logical that a skin fade (shaved very close to the skin) might actually look slightly better for the donor area than the middle ground between a skin fade and say a 4+ buzz cut length. At the shaved length, the thinning isn't visible and as long as the scars healed well, they shouldn't be too bad visually. Slightly longer is where the thinning of the donor area might be noticeable compared to surrounding area. Longer length, the thinning becomes hidden again by longer hair.