Question on Eugenix

JohnRahul

Hi guys i am about to do transplantation from Eugenix in 2 months but recently I've seen some mixed reviews about the clinic that now i have second thoughts. Even in this site i saw people posted about bad donor management, poor implantation from technicians etc and also i was able to see comments from foreign patients in YouTube who are asking for money back because of below par results. Also recently saw a review, in which it is mentioned that Eugenix are doing 7-9 transplantation in a day so the transplantation team have to do the procedure in hurry burry which make them think have affected the results. Also i felt they are focused on designing a perfect hairline and rest finastride will do the job, like they are not concerned about future hair loss. I know Dr Arika and Dr Pradeep sethi are competent but they won't be available for the whole procedure which have made many patients who undergone transplant there uncomfortable because everyone will prefer the surgery to be done under the supervision of a doctor or by the doctor. I consulted with them recently, now with the revised package, even with premium package no implantation is done by doctor. They informed me now only with super premium package crucial implantation are done by the doctor. This really makes me think, doing transplantation from there have 50/50 chances of success. What are your opinion about all this ? This are all thoughts in my mind before doing transplantation from there. It would be nice if someone could give honest opinion about all this. I'm so concerned with quality and from India its not like there are many options.

Hello Buddy, My procedure is in few days also. I landed in India today, I will share my update here and you can look in to it. I have previously gone through one transplant and has been searching for the last 3 years for a good clinic. 

I guess doctor's supervision and the Planning, designing and the slits making are the vital steps, plus i have seen some great results by Eugenix. 
I'm hoping for the very best, 19 sept is my procedure. Dm me if you want know the insights. 

1 hour ago, JohnRahul said:

Hi guys i am about to do transplantation from Eugenix in 2 months but recently I've seen some mixed reviews about the clinic that now i have second thoughts. Even in this site i saw people posted about bad donor management, poor implantation from technicians etc and also i was able to see comments from foreign patients in YouTube who are asking for money back because of below par results. Also recently saw a review, in which it is mentioned that Eugenix are doing 7-9 transplantation in a day so the transplantation team have to do the procedure in hurry burry which make them think have affected the results. Also i felt they are focused on designing a perfect hairline and rest finastride will do the job, like they are not concerned about future hair loss. I know Dr Arika and Dr Pradeep sethi are competent but they won't be available for the whole procedure which have made many patients who undergone transplant there uncomfortable because everyone will prefer the surgery to be done under the supervision of a doctor or by the doctor. I consulted with them recently, now with the revised package, even with premium package no implantation is done by doctor. They informed me now only with super premium package crucial implantation are done by the doctor. This really makes me think, doing transplantation from there have 50/50 chances of success. What are your opinion about all this ? This are all thoughts in my mind before doing transplantation from there. It would be nice if someone could give honest opinion about all this. I'm so concerned with quality and from India its not like there are many options.

Your concern is valid, before I did the surgery there, i had the same questions. 

Now, I can assure you one thing, the team is great, doctors are always there for supervision. Technicians are there with them since the starting and some for the last 5-6 years. You will be taken care in such a way that you will never forget the hospitality. I reckon, relax and just continue with the process, it will all be good. Amen!!

• Like 1

There is no doctor in the world that has perfect results all of the time. There's going to be some middling and less ideal results here and there, especially during the passage of time and as the number of patients escalate. The consistent thing about Eugenix is that they seem to treat their patients really well -- plenty of folks describe being treated like royalty lol. The techs are very well trained and some of the best in the world, but imo, I wouldn't want anyone but the doctor touching my head, so if that's deal-breaker, its worth thinking about.

In terms of results, I think the clinic might have some of the best of all time on this forum alone (e.g. Zoomster, Kirkland, Melvin and Gatsby). The commonality is that they were all higher Norwoods, and Eugenix seems to thrive in those types of cases. Seethi worked on most of them too. He's truly exceptional. Easily one of the best 10 doctors in the world right now, imo. That said, there is a trend of disturbingly bad/subpar results on this forum alone (e.g. Captain Haddock, Track Rat, and Qullium), particularly with respect to the donor in the first and third case. In all cases, there was mention that the planning stage felt rushed, which I sincerely believe is a function of the number of patients being worked on. I don't think they had Sethi working on them either.

That's my take. If I'm a higher Norwood and have Dr. Sethi working on my case, Eugenix would easily be a top five (or better!) choice. If I'm a higher Norwood and don't have Sethi, I'd still feel confident. If I'm a lower Norwood, I'd 100% go elsewhere given the recent donor depletion issues. 

Edited by Z--
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, JohnRahul said:

Hi Karan, Good luck 👍 which package did you choose ?

I've opted for the Premium package, Dr. Arika will be doing the procedure. I wanted the best doc as I got botched in the last hair transplantation. I will be needing some extraction as well. I will keep you guys updating. 

Cheers.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JohnRahul said:

Did you confirm with them who's doing the extraction and incision ?

In that package, the vital extractions will be done by Dr. Bansal and the rest will be done by senior technicians under the supervision of Dr. Bansal.

I hope everything goes well, my mind is set for the new journey fingers crossed and lets hope less pain and less discomfort although I am prepared for it. 

Eugenix does seem to produce good results, but every patient is different, and not every clinic/surgeon is suited for every patients needs. 

I personally would only go to eugenix under these conditions: if i was norwood v or worse, selected the most exclusive package, and couldnt afford one of the elite N.A. or European docs. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JohnRahul said:

Thank you! That was really helpful. I probably need 1700 grafts but i don't want to deplete my donar area in case i need a transplantation again in the future and am not ready to take finastride.

What i felt is that there happen to be a lot of subpar & donor management issues rising now after they have revised thier packages because now only with the super premium package complete extraction and crucial implantation is done by Dr Arika or Dr Pradeep which is not affordable by everyone otherwise its done by technicians.

With that number of grafts, I wouldn't go tbh. Most of the bad donor management/rushed cases on this forum have surprisingly have come from Dr. Akira. I think risking donor depletion for 1,700 isn't worth it. If you were doing 3,500+ that might be another story.

Edited by Z--
  • Like 1

• Administrators

I’ve updated the title, as you’re not doing a review. If you don’t feel comfortable don’t do anything. There needs to be mutual trust between you patient and clinic, with the understanding that nothing is guaranteed. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

If you have any major doubts, get them cleared up before proceeding. You don’t want to make a mistake you’ll regret forever.

personally, for me, if there is more than one patient per doctor, that’s a deal breaker. My doctor needs to be in the room with me at least supervising the surgery at all times. I’m paying for the doctor’s involvement, not a random rotating technician. That’s straight up Russian roulette, I don’t care how many years of experience the tech has. Each follicle is literally an organ- think about that.

• Like 1

When it comes to Eugenix, results are usually always natural. 

The only thing you have to do is be completely open, talk, talk, talk and more talking. The consultation before the surgery is extremely important. 

It's not just about drawing a hairline and being happy with it and rushing into the operation room. Don't just fall in their arms just because they are an excellent clinic

When I was there, they were aware that my donor isn't the best but I still had to make sure to point out areas that I don't want hairs extracted from. It is not a problem. With these kind of procedures,  communication is key 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ryan Daniel said:

When it comes to Eugenix, results are usually always natural. 

The only thing you have to do is be completely open, talk, talk, talk and more talking. The consultation before the surgery is extremely important. 

It's not just about drawing a hairline and being happy with it and rushing into the operation room. Don't just fall in their arms just because they are an excellent clinic

When I was there, they were aware that my donor isn't the best but I still had to make sure to point out areas that I don't want hairs extracted from. It is not a problem. With these kind of procedures,  communication is key 

Something I can fully agree with, Eugenix by far has shown full transparency, set my expectations, better to go for a conservative approach and make it natural looking. 

• Like 1

This is a great example of rumors, My thinking is if a clinic does 100 surgeries in a month which makes it approximate 1000 surgeries a year roughly. People are so overthinker that they look for those 1-2 cases where the expectations were not meet. One has to see the rest 998 happy patients. 

I have researched for about 8 years, visited every clinic almost, went to Turkey, UK, USA, Canada, Spain etc. I am so glad i went and chosen Eugenix. I would only advise this to new people researching that don't get confused, consult to the clinic, ask questions, see similar NW results and then once you're fully satisfied and confident, GO FOR THE SURGERY.

1 hour ago, DHT said:

This is a great example of rumors, My thinking is if a clinic does 100 surgeries in a month which makes it approximate 1000 surgeries a year roughly. People are so overthinker that they look for those 1-2 cases where the expectations were not meet. One has to see the rest 998 happy patients. 

I have researched for about 8 years, visited every clinic almost, went to Turkey, UK, USA, Canada, Spain etc. I am so glad i went and chosen Eugenix. I would only advise this to new people researching that don't get confused, consult to the clinic, ask questions, see similar NW results and then once you're fully satisfied and confident, GO FOR THE SURGERY.

Its a good point that we should look at the other 998 transplant results for the final growth of transplanted hairs and overall look at the end but what about poor donor management ? How can Eugenix botch that ? More i researched i get to know that its not 1 or 2 cases. I was shocked to see many cases of patchy donar area after hair transplant from Eugenix. I'm sure with the experience level of both Dr Arika and Dr Pradeep, they will never botch extraction process because they are one of the best hair transplant doctors in the world right now. Isn't it a proof of negligence and incompetence of technicians ? That its only happening because technicians are doing extraction.

Also i saw some complaining about poor incision & implantation by technicians.

I can't afford the most exclusive super premium package where complete procedure is done by the doctors. That's why i was asking for opinion is it worth doing hair transplantation from Eugenix choosing other lower packages ?!

It really annoys me when some just simply say if you don't want to do surgery from there then don't do it. Its a life decision which i do not want to regret later so I'm inclined to ask around for opinions. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was scheduled to go to Eugenix but after seeing some poor cases particularly those of NW3 and lower I opted not to. I like having my hair short from the back and would not like that luxury to be taken away due to poor donor management. The angling issues also concerned me, it's all fine to be treated royally but when there are several technicians rotating that's just an added variable that could go wrong. The case on captain haddock had extractions all completed by Dr Arika and the donor management was not good in my eyes. This is not to say Eugenix hasn't produced some excellent results on higher NW cases but these are just my concerns for my scalp and my hair loss situation. It is definitely 100x better than going to 80% of the turkey clinics but for me I want more involvement by a doctor, hair transplant is an art and there is a thin line between the art and the profitable business side of it.

• Like 2

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

On 9/17/2022 at 11:47 AM, Z-- said:

With that number of grafts, I wouldn't go tbh. Most of the bad donor management/rushed cases on this forum have surprisingly have come from Dr. Akira. I think risking donor depletion for 1,700 isn't worth it. If you were doing 3,500+ that might be another story.

I'm confused, wouldn't donor management be a much bigger concern when doing 3500 than 1700? Just because Eugenix seems to do best on higher Norwoods? 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

32 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I'm confused, wouldn't donor management be a much bigger concern when doing 3500 than 1700? Just because Eugenix seems to do best on higher Norwoods? 

I'm guessing that higher NWs might be able to stomach a little thin donor better t a lower NWS will accept

32 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Great question.

Eugenix seems to homogenize the donor better when pulling grafts from all over the donor, which is typically the case if more grafts are needed. If you pull some from each place, the donor loss isn’t too obvious. 

For whatever reason (perhaps rushing, inexperienced technicians or an active decision to pull from one side - I’m not sure), when doing few grafts, certain Eugenix cases seem to pull too many from one side giving that particular side a depleted look. See the Quillium and Captain Haddock threads as examples of this. 

• Like 1

Just now, Z-- said:

Great question.

Eugenix seems to homogenize the donor better when pulling grafts from all over the donor, which is typically the case if more grafts are needed. If you pull some from each place, the donor loss isn’t too obvious. 

For whatever reason (perhaps rushing, inexperienced technicians or an active decision to pull from one side - I’m not sure), when doing few grafts, certain Eugenix cases seem to pull too many from one side giving that particular side a depleted look. See the Quillium and Captain Haddock threads as examples of this. 

Intersting - makes sense.

Ya I was just reading Captain Haddock's thread - geez louise. His 3rd post on the 7th page is especially eye opening 😞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Calihome1 said:

I honestly think Eugenix is way overrated.  I’ve seen 3-4 cases recently where had they need from a Turkish clinic, I feel many posters here would be all over it with disappointing remarks.

Would be good if someone can gather those examples in one post as links,

Isn’t the main advantage of going with Eugenix is that they make sure the grafts survival is optimal. As they use the DHT method, which means using a pen implanted, they implant the grafts within 15 minutes of extraction using the team of techs.

i think this type of service is not offered by anyone else. In the end, it is all about grafts survival and how long they are kept outside the body.

On 17.09.2022 at 13:20, Z-- said:

В мире нет врача, у которого все время были бы идеальные результаты. Тем не менее, существует тенденция к тревожно плохим/некачественным результатам только на этом форуме (например, Captain Haddock, Track Rat и Qullium), особенно в отношении донора в первом и третьем случаях.

could you drop the Qullium case? Can't find topic

19 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

I was scheduled to go to Eugenix but after seeing some poor cases particularly those of NW3 and lower I opted not to. I like having my hair short from the back and would not like that luxury to be taken away due to poor donor management. The angling issues also concerned me, it's all fine to be treated royally but when there are several technicians rotating that's just an added variable that could go wrong. The case on captain haddock had extractions all completed by Dr Arika and the donor management was not good in my eyes. This is not to say Eugenix hasn't produced some excellent results on higher NW cases but these are just my concerns for my scalp and my hair loss situation. It is definitely 100x better than going to 80% of the turkey clinics but for me I want more involvement by a doctor, hair transplant is an art and there is a thin line between the art and the profitable business side of it.

TBH, you just saw one case and imo overreacted over a botched temple hair alignment. The Eugenix criticism of '3-4 bad cases recently' is a little over used imo, especially when those results are spaced out and the influx of good results during and in between the time frame gets overlooked.

Not every HT or surgeon has 100% of the results. Maybe the issue here was that many people thought Eugenix has 100% good results?

I did read some of your reasoning, and while I see where your coming from especially with the upscale vs quality theory, i think at this time you were just looking for a reason to cancel Eugenix as you believed they were too good to be true, and hey at the end of the day you have to be comfortable with your choice.

Good luck to you!

Follow my Hair Transplant experience with Eugenix!

Nov 16, 2022