Patience is a VIRTUE

Been researching for around 6 months now, decided on a few DR’s I would be happy to have my HT carried out with. The only problem is they either aren’t taking consultations now, they take an eternity to respond (busy, obviously) or they can’t commit to a surgery date until the back end of 2023… I know I should wait to have it done properly but I just want it done asap, over and done with so I can get my confidence back *sigh* 

Edited by Big Rome

• Administrators

If you've been researching a while and have found the best clinics have a wait time, much better to wait and do it right, then rush and get it done wrong.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

If you've been researching a while and have found the best clinics have a wait time, much better to wait and do it right, then rush and get it done wrong.

spot on, the waiting process is killing me I just want to get cracking 🤣 I can see why people go to them Turkish hairmills be in, out & home within 3 weeks 😩

Edited by Big Rome
  • Like 2

Big Rome,

Yes it can be like that sometimes. I’m not sure who you decided on but in some cases, there can be a very long wait and you’ll also we have to decide whether or not whomever you selected this worth the weight or if there are other clinics that are just as good if not better that could see you even sooner.

Then there’s that question, “who is the best hair transplant doctor?”   Everybody asks it but the problem is, there is no one answer for everybody because the answer to that question is as much subjective as it is objective.  

There are certainly very technical and scientific standards that an excellent surgeon should meet but artistry is often a preference.  Most painting enthusiasts would agree that both Michael Angelo and Leonardo Da Cinci are two of the best painters of all time but some prefer one over the other in terms of their taste and style regarding artistry.

If you are still in the consultation stage and there’s anything I can help you with, feel free to send me a private message and I’ll see what I can do to assist.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

6 hours ago, Big Rome said:

Been researching for around 6 months now, decided on a few DR’s I would be happy to have my HT carried out with. The only problem is they either aren’t taking consultations now, they take an eternity to respond (busy, obviously) or they can’t commit to a surgery date until the back end of 2023… I know I should wait to have it done properly but I just want it done asap, over and done with so I can get my confidence back *sigh* 

Long term success is what you have to think about and that started by looking at the right doctors and finding this forum for actual patient reviews and members helping give objective information. 

Are you currently using any medication? Because waiting for the right clinic and being on medication can do wonders. I personally was on medication for a full 12 months before my hair transplant happened and continue to use it for the benefit of keeping my other hair. 

• Like 1

I sometimes feel like I'm the king of instant gratification, so I totally get this. But to the best of your ability, try to keep that in check and think about the long game. You want to make sure you're choosing the right surgeon for you, and if you're choosing someone who has a long waiting list, then it's likely because they consistently deliver top quality results. 

If you do want a safer way to mitigate the wait time that doesn't involve going to a hair mill or an under qualified surgeon, two options come to mind... Ask any of the surgeons you're interested in if there's a waiting list you could get on for when people cancel OR look into some newer up-and-coming surgeons who partner with any of the elite ones. Dr. Mohebi is now partnering with Dr. Pan and Dr. G, and their wait times aren't as long as Dr. Mohebi's are, for example. It's worth looking into - but even then, just make sure you're not choosing a surgeon you don't feel that good about just because they can see you sooner. Patience really is a virtue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Valued Contributor
12 hours ago, Big Rome said:

This is telling you that you are picking excellent surgeons. There is a reason why they are booked out. The surgeons who can take you 'next Tuesday' are the one's to stay clear of unless you want to be butchered. Patience may be bitter but the fruit is always sweet. All the best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Long term success is what you have to think about and that started by looking at the right doctors and finding this forum for actual patient reviews and members helping give objective information. 

Are you currently using any medication? Because waiting for the right clinic and being on medication can do wonders. I personally was on medication for a full 12 months before my hair transplant happened and continue to use it for the benefit of keeping my other hair. 

Hi @NARMAK

i agree, the long term success is definitely the goal. I don’t take any medication currently as I’m not thinning and I haven’t noticed any signs or hair loss since 2019 as far as I can see 

6 hours ago, pkipling said:

I sometimes feel like I'm the king of instant gratification, so I totally get this. But to the best of your ability, try to keep that in check and think about the long game. You want to make sure you're choosing the right surgeon for you, and if you're choosing someone who has a long waiting list, then it's likely because they consistently deliver top quality results. 

If you do want a safer way to mitigate the wait time that doesn't involve going to a hair mill or an under qualified surgeon, two options come to mind... Ask any of the surgeons you're interested in if there's a waiting list you could get on for when people cancel OR look into some newer up-and-coming surgeons who partner with any of the elite ones. Dr. Mohebi is now partnering with Dr. Pan and Dr. G, and their wait times aren't as long as Dr. Mohebi's are, for example. It's worth looking into - but even then, just make sure you're not choosing a surgeon you don't feel that good about just because they can see you sooner. Patience really is a virtue. 

thank you for your comments and assistance, very much appreciated 😊 

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

This is telling you that you are picking excellent surgeons. There is a reason why they are booked out. The surgeons who can take you 'next Tuesday' are the one's to stay clear of unless you want to be butchered. Patience may be bitter but the fruit is always sweet. All the best!

very, very well said Gatsby 💯💯👏🏻👏🏻

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Big Rome said:

Hi @NARMAK

i agree, the long term success is definitely the goal. I don’t take any medication currently as I’m not thinning and I haven’t noticed any signs or hair loss since 2019 as far as I can see 

I know you may not be thinning, and tbh some don't obviously thin but medication could probably be a good course for you. Best to post pictures but if you are looking to get a hair transplant, then logic tells me you clearly are losing hair and this us why medication may be important to help stop further loss. 

By the time hair loss becomes noticeable, 50% of the hair is usually lost, which is the same sort of rule they use as the basis of an "Illusion of Density" you read about for hair transplants. 

I wish you well on your journey but please do look to post pictures if you want people to assist better on recommendations etc. and use a blurred face or crop for privacy if you like.

• Thanks 1

I am booked in for June next year with De Freitas and its still a waiting game for me. But I understand that this is the best course of action for me since I decided to buy a house this year which took out a considerable amount of money out of my pockets (would still be able to afford it though) and by next years time I will have recovered as much as I have lost. 

I also prefer to be as safe as possible on a surgery of this kind since its much better to wait and get great results than go next week on a turkish or any other hairmil just to come out with horrible results, this is something that a great majority of people dont take the time to access, the pros and cons of the surgery and of course the capacity of the surgeon and his team.

I still moan about my hair loss everyday either home or when I go out, its something I cant get out of my mind and its likely to stay that way until I get may way out of the so called "slaphead curse", but at this point I just need to accept the situation and work with the cards I have on the table and let time take care of the rest while focusing on what I can do now so meds have been good for peace of mind and the assurance that its not getting any worse than it already is.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

I know you may not be thinning, and tbh some don't obviously thin but medication could probably be a good course for you. Best to post pictures but if you are looking to get a hair transplant, then logic tells me you clearly are losing hair and this us why medication may be important to help stop further loss. 

By the time hair loss becomes noticeable, 50% of the hair is usually lost, which is the same sort of rule they use as the basis of an "Illusion of Density" you read about for hair transplants. 

I wish you well on your journey but please do look to post pictures if you want people to assist better on recommendations etc. and use a blurred face or crop for privacy if you like.

thank you brother, appreciate your comments and help, I posted some pictures maybe 2/3 weeks ago on a different post, can you see my previous post lol I’m not sure how this works 🤣

2 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

I am booked in for June next year with De Freitas and its still a waiting game for me. But I understand that this is the best course of action for me since I decided to buy a house this year which took out a considerable amount of money out of my pockets (would still be able to afford it though) and by next years time I will have recovered as much as I have lost. 

I also prefer to be as safe as possible on a surgery of this kind since its much better to wait and get great results than go next week on a turkish or any other hairmil just to come out with horrible results, this is something that a great majority of people dont take the time to access, the pros and cons of the surgery and of course the capacity of the surgeon and his team.

I still moan about my hair loss everyday either home or when I go out, its something I cant get out of my mind and its likely to stay that way until I get may way out of the so called "slaphead curse", but at this point I just need to accept the situation and work with the cards I have on the table and let time take care of the rest while focusing on what I can do now so meds have been good for peace of mind and the assurance that its not getting any worse than it already is.

very well said, all be worth it in the end, it’s the not having anything set in stone that’s getting on my wick lol, would like to have a date set to look forward to, been in limbo not knowing since may 2022

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Big Rome said:

very well said, all be worth it in the end, it’s the not having anything set in stone that’s getting on my wick lol, would like to have a date set to look forward to, been in limbo not knowing since may 2022

Trust me, until you get your hair back you will ALWAYS feel this way. You will want this to come as fast as it goes, no matter what date you set it to happen, its always going to be a rollercoaster and an adventure like an Uncharted game. 

• Thanks 1