Anyone has any recent quotes from bisanga. Whats his pricing like now?

Hah6788887

• Administrators

Dr. Bisanga is $5 per graft. But I do believe he may start offering surgeries in the US. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Went to a consult on August 27th in Maryland.  I've had many strips & a small fue {8,500 grafts thus far}.  My surgery with him would be FUE.  I asked about surgery in the U.S. in 2023 - he didn't think it was going to happen.

-----------------------------------------

"Dr. Bisanga would be able to offer this procedure at a price of €7.00 per graft.

Dr. Bisanga would lead your surgery, consult and plan your approach. 

Dr. Bisanga would make your recipient sites.

Punching of your extraction sites would be made by Dr. Bisanga.

Technicians would then extract the pre punched grafts and place the grafts into the pre made recipient sites as with all BHR surgery.

Considering your total approximate graft recommendation, we can calculate an approximate surgery cost.

1500 grafts x €6.50 per graft = €10,500

TAX is additional for elective surgery in Brussels, however with a supporting/referral letter from your doctor explaining the negative effect hair loss is having on you, this can be avoided. I can provide an example of such a letter should you decide to proceed with surgery."

Edited by jjsrader

2 hours ago, jjsrader said:

Went to a consult on August 27th in Maryland.  I've had many strips & a small fue {8,500 grafts thus far}.  My surgery with him would be FUE.  I asked about surgery in the U.S. in 2023 - he didn't think it was going to happen.

-----------------------------------------

"Dr. Bisanga would be able to offer this procedure at a price of €7.00 per graft.

Dr. Bisanga would lead your surgery, consult and plan your approach. 

Dr. Bisanga would make your recipient sites.

Punching of your extraction sites would be made by Dr. Bisanga.

Technicians would then extract the pre punched grafts and place the grafts into the pre made recipient sites as with all BHR surgery.

Considering your total approximate graft recommendation, we can calculate an approximate surgery cost.

1500 grafts x €6.50 per graft = €10,500

TAX is additional for elective surgery in Brussels, however with a supporting/referral letter from your doctor explaining the negative effect hair loss is having on you, this can be avoided. I can provide an example of such a letter should you decide to proceed with surgery."

I messaged you

37 minutes ago, Bandit90 said:

€7 a graft wow! I guess when your good, you charge what you like. Simple supply & demand I guess. 

could be jesus christ himself performing the incisions, I ain’t paying €7 per graft 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you @jjsraderfor attending your recent consultation and I hope that you found value in meeting with the doctor.

In terms of pricing for FUE surgery with Dr. Bisanga and BHR Clinic, I would always advise that any individual contact the clinic directly, presenting their images and sharing details specific to them to enable them to receive and understand relative pricing for themselves.

A big thank you to @jjsrader for sharing his experience and also transparently beginning his post with the fact that he has had "many strips and a small FUE" procedure totalling 8500 grafts. We receive patients at the clinic day in and day out that have had previous surgery, but it is not common for a patient to have previously had 8500 grafts extracted over multiple surgeries, and therefore without citing any personal details to respect privacy, graft availability in such a case will be far less than a virgin scalp patient, or a patent who may have had 2500 grafts in a previous session for example. Therefore the potential challenges of surgery will reflect this.

With such a graft count previously having been extracted from the donor, any approach and graft selection must be extremely specific which of course adds further complication than simply harvesting throughout an untouched donor, but also after several strips and a small FUE, strips are able to provide grafts in a more central area throughout the donor and cannot reach the extremities that FUE can. As extraction may therefore require to be more focused in areas that FUT could not reach, such as a focus on the parietal areas, then the majority of harvesting presents a much more challenging process due to the acute angles that these hairs naturally present. Any harvesting in more central areas would not only require careful planning around scarring, but having to respect the density above the strip to ensure that the strip can be concealed as it was prior to surgery, but also conscious that strip closure itself can cause miniaturisation below the strip and therefore this area must also be very carefully and consciously navigated.

A patient who may be considering BHR for their first surgery does not present the same hair status, limitations and challenges that a repair patient who has had several previous surgeries and therefore the two surgeries, approaches and requirement of expertise can be vastly different and this will naturally influence pricing.

Other considerations for some patients may be hair type. Afro hair for example presents unique challenges and requires specific expertise. As opposed to the mostly straight follicle of Caucasian and Asian patients, typical characteristics associated with afro hair follicles are that the hair tend to be thicker and tightly curled. Such curvature of the hair extends below the scalp. The natural curvature of the follicle can be significant, often to the extent that the follicle when removed is actually in the shape of a letter C, meaning that it is essential to have a surgeon who has knowledge and experience of working with afro hair. Transection presents a higher risk and your surgeon must have the appropriate punches and tools to best handle and manipulate afro hair.

For appropriate candidates, surgery options with Dr. Kostis assisting can also be considered which influences pricing and therefore again, why the recommendation would be to contact the clinic directly with your specific details and request pricing.

To point out an error in my email @jjsrader, I see that when calculating an estimate of surgery cost I have a typo showing €6.50 despite the fact that the total presented is accurate and inline with the stated €7.00 per graft. After two full days of consultations, I wanted to be respectful to the fact that many patients had travelled long distances to meet with Dr: Bisanga for consultation and therefore wanted to send all summaries out as timely as possible. I apologise for my error.

A quick search of elite physicians within the US and their respective FUE pricing for even virgin scalp patients may be an interesting endeavour to be able to compare pricing and understand the difference in such margins. 

All patients are budget conscious to some degree which is completely understandable as I know I was, and this for some may not be down to their "available" budget, but more so what an individual is willing to spend and what they feel is a worthy price in their perspective, and this is where there are options available for all individuals, understanding that quality, experience and consistency of results will also differ.

Edited by Raphael84
  • Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

31 minutes ago, Raphael84 said:

Thank you @jjsraderfor attending your recent consultation and I hope that you found value in meeting with the doctor.

In terms of pricing for FUE surgery with Dr. Bisanga and BHR Clinic, I would always advise that any individual contact the clinic directly, presenting their images and sharing details specific to them to enable them to receive and understand relative pricing for themselves.

A big thank you to @jjsrader for sharing his experience and also transparently beginning his post with the fact that he has had "many strips and a small FUE" procedure totalling 8500 grafts. We receive patients at the clinic day in and day out that have had previous surgery, but it is not common for a patient to have previously had 8500 grafts extracted over multiple surgeries, and therefore without citing any personal details to respect privacy, graft availability in such a case will be far less than a virgin scalp patient, or a patent who may have had 2500 grafts in a previous session for example. Therefore the potential challenges of surgery will reflect this.

With such a graft count previously having been extracted from the donor, any approach and graft selection must be extremely specific which of course adds further complication than simply harvesting throughout an untouched donor, but also after several strips and a small FUE, strips are able to provide grafts in a more central area throughout the donor and cannot reach the extremities that FUE can. As extraction may therefore require to be more focused in areas that FUT could not reach, such as a focus on the parietal areas, then the majority of harvesting presents a much more challenging process due to the acute angles that these hairs naturally present. Any harvesting in more central areas would not only require careful planning around scarring, but having to respect the density above the strip to ensure that the strip can be concealed as it was prior to surgery, but also conscious that strip closure itself can cause miniaturisation below the strip and therefore this area must also be very carefully and consciously navigated.

A patient who may be considering BHR for their first surgery does not present the same hair status, limitations and challenges that a repair patient who has had several previous surgeries and therefore the two surgeries, approaches and requirement of expertise can be vastly different and this will naturally influence pricing.

Other considerations for some patients may be hair type. Afro hair for example presents unique challenges and requires specific expertise. As opposed to the mostly straight follicle of Caucasian and Asian patients, typical characteristics associated with afro hair follicles are that the hair tend to be thicker and tightly curled. Such curvature of the hair extends below the scalp. The natural curvature of the follicle can be significant, often to the extent that the follicle when removed is actually in the shape of a letter C, meaning that it is essential to have a surgeon who has knowledge and experience of working with afro hair. Transection presents a higher risk and your surgeon must have the appropriate punches and tools to best handle and manipulate afro hair.

For appropriate candidates, surgery options with Dr. Kostis assisting can also be considered which influences pricing and therefore again, why the recommendation would be to contact the clinic directly with your specific details and request pricing.

To point out an error in my email @jjsrader, I see that when calculating an estimate of surgery cost I have a typo showing €6.50 despite the fact that the total presented is accurate and inline with the stated €7.00 per graft. After two full days of consultations, I wanted to be respectful to the fact that many patients had travelled long distances to meet with Dr: Bisanga for consultation and therefore wanted to send all summaries out as timely as possible. I apologise for my error.

A quick search of elite physicians within the US and their respective FUE pricing for even virgin scalp patients may be an interesting endeavour to be able to compare pricing and understand the difference in such margins. 

All patients are budget conscious to some degree which is completely understandable as I know I was, and this for some may not be down to their "available" budget, but more so what an individual is willing to spend and what they feel is a worthy price in their perspective, and this is where there are options available for all individuals, understanding that quality, experience and consistency of results will also differ.

Can you comment on potential future US based surgeries?

13 minutes ago, Calihome1 said:

Can you comment on potential future US based surgeries?

Dr. Bisanga has discussed the option of US surgery. As you can imagine his schedule can be quite complicated due to scheduling in Brussels but then also he is required to attend countless hair restoration events and seminars as well as training opportunities which he is very passionate about in an attempt to improve the baseline of surgery in the field.

With that being said, there are not any specific dates or availability to share and based on recent discussions it isn't a priority at current purely based on Brussels demand.

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 7:43 AM, Raphael84 said:

Hi Rafael,

Out of curiosity, if this patient was looking to include Dr Kostis to assist, how much would this reduce the per graft price to (for this particular case)?

Thanks

Hi @mrmane85

Thanks for your question.
As you ask regarding this particular case, without providing any personal details, based on the posters own disclosure of many previous strips and a small FUE totalling around 8500 grafts, and the requirement to revisit previous areas that achieved unsatisfied results, it is considered a repair surgery.
As discussed, this is a very different and more complicated and challenging case than other enquiries that may present a virgin scalp for example, and therefore in this instance, surgical options are only available with Dr. Bisanga.

• Like 1