Finasteride 3 times a week 0.5mg

SoSoz

I am about to start finasteride treatment for couple of months to prepare myself for hairtransplant and wanted to gauge peoples opinions on finasteride 3 times a week. Im kinda afraid of taking higher dosage from the start.

Will 0.5mg Mon/Wed/Fri be okay or it wont be effective? I've seen on studies that 0.5mg was optimal dose as well?

Hair:
top.jpg

2 hours ago, SoSoz said:

I am about to start finasteride treatment for couple of months to prepare myself for hairtransplant and wanted to gauge peoples opinions on finasteride 3 times a week. Im kinda afraid of taking higher dosage from the start.

Will 0.5mg Mon/Wed/Fri be okay or it wont be effective? I've seen on studies that 0.5mg was optimal dose as well?

Hair:
top.jpg

Finasteride as very high finishing returns on it's effectiveness. Many doctors prescribe 1mg 2x a week and say their results are identical to daily.

0.5mg has close to the same effectiveness at 1mg

• Valued Contributor

Yes you can take Finasteride three times a week. I’m actually toying with the idea of challenging the drug Finasteride for a third time. 🤔 0.5mg three times a week and every twelve weeks I’ll take a one week wash out period. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Yes you can take Finasteride three times a week. I’m actually toying with the idea of challenging the drug Finasteride for a third time. 🤔 0.5mg three times a week and every twelve weeks I’ll take a one week wash out period. 

Have you tried topical? I also get sides from oral and I will start topical

• Like 1

Go slow and steady, and trial different protocols that work for you - which could involve combining both oral and topical formats. 

As has previously been mentioned, there have been studies proving that there is actually little difference between DHT reduction from 0.2mg daily oral and 1mg daily, so smaller doses certainly still ‘do the job’. 

Your hairloss is pretty aggressive for your age, so assuming you want to give it your best efforts in keeping your hair up top for the next 30 upwards years, you’re really going to have to try and crack the DHT riddle as part of your maintenance regime somehow. 

Just look at it as hormone optimisation as opposed to it being a detrimental thing in your life - the juggling act and science is no different to guys bio hacking with TRT.

Have a play around with different protocols, and find what works best for you, 

9 hours ago, Alfred said:

Hello,

Take 1mg a week but topically no side effect and it work as well as 1mg per day with pills.

You can even start at 0,75mg a week

Use 0.025% solution 1ml 3x a week

Where did you buy it?

• Valued Contributor
7 hours ago, BaldV said:

Have you tried topical? I also get sides from oral and I will start topical

No @BaldV I’m yet to try topical. However at my age I want to preserve ‘all’ of my scalp hair so I’m willing to try micro-dosing again.  

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

No @BaldV I’m yet to try topical. However at my age I want to preserve ‘all’ of my scalp hair so I’m willing to try micro-dosing again.  

I saw your journey with Eugenix, you did have some BHT implanted on recipient and even scars. Have you asked about the possibility of Finasteride hindering body hair growth?

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:31 PM, SoSoz said:

On my leaflet it says:

The film-coated tablet must be swallowed whole and must not be separated or crushed

but i've heard people cutting the tablets into smaller pieces?

That's there mainly for legal reasons. People cut finasteride pills all the time

On 9/3/2022 at 7:17 AM, Alfred said:

Hello,

Take 1mg a week but topically no side effect and it work as well as 1mg per day with pills.

You can even start at 0,75mg a week

Use 0.025% solution 1ml 3x a week

Interesting. What is the dose you take and is it mixed with anything else? 

And you apply just once a week?

• Valued Contributor
On 9/4/2022 at 1:18 AM, Rasputin said:

I saw your journey with Eugenix, you did have some BHT implanted on recipient and even scars. Have you asked about the possibility of Finasteride hindering body hair growth?

Yes and this was a concern of mine pre op. The answer I received was no. Since then I’ve done a lot of research on the topic and it doesn’t worry me. 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mrmane85 said:

Interesting. What is the dose you take and is it mixed with anything else? 

And you apply just once a week?

I take 5% topical minox twice a day, my solution is with 1% pyridoxine and 0.5% biotine this is what Fue clinic in Belgium (M. Mwanba) sell they said to start at 0.25mg 3x a week 

Edited by Alfred
  • Like 1

So it happened, I thought its complete bs about side effects and just fear mongering. 10 hrs after second pill I got ED. I never felt this before. I feel like I have no blood flow in that part and libido is terrible

Edited by SoSoz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, SoSoz said:

So it happened, I thought its complete bs about side effects and just fear mongering. 10 hrs after second pill I got ED. I never felt this before. I feel like I have no blood flow in that part and libido is terrible

I got pretty numb down there after starting on 1/6 of a 1mg pill every day. Felt pretty lifeless but did have sex in an okay way.

I cut back to 1/5th of a pill every 2nd day and that seemed to help. On day 12 got floored with brain fog, like nothing I've felt before. That's a week ago and only really better now but I've got slight tinnitus since then.

I'm still taking it ever 2nd or 3rd day but I'm down to 1/8th of a pill which may in fact be pointless but would build up if things calm down. 

Numb feelings down there have gone.

Like you I was a bit shocked by the sides. What would they be like if I'd started 1mg every day? I dread to think. Fin is powerful stuff, and tbh the affect on the brain is making me question the whole thing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jr1986 said:

Like you I was a bit shocked by the sides. What would they be like if I'd started 1mg every day? I dread to think. Fin is powerful stuff, and tbh the affect on the brain is making me question the whole thing.

At least one (Probably more) studies show that 0.2 mg drops serum DHT about as much as 5 mg does. 0.2 is obviously far less than 5, but that isn't how all medicines interact with the body.

Edited by GoliGoliGoli
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

Cheap Propecia without a prescription - https://onlinecheappills.com/propecia.html I had heard of Propecia pills for hair loss but had never tried them until I saw that I was losing too much hair. I spent several months following the treatment and quickly saw the results I wanted: strong hair and less hair loss. I highly recommend Propecia.