Dave Portnoy Shocked By 21 Year Olds Hairline *My Reaction

21 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

He does look a lot like Tim Pool, he attacks Tim because of his political views. Notice that he’s never made fun of Brian Stelter. 

Oh interesting I didn't know Kevin Mann was a lefty, kind of makes sense though. 

As far as Portnoy, I don't fault him at all for this video. The guy approached him and asked to be roasted so it seems like it's all in good fun. Portnoy annoys me in a lot of other ways but this video isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

Very sad video. Back in 13th centrury to about 17th, it was customary for men to wear wigs, look at all composers:  Mozart, Bethoven etc. As well as all kings, noble men, & even most middle class, in fact, not wearing a wig was a sign of disrespect back then.   After the Victorian era, fashion went down hill.

Edited by civic
  • Haha 1

I relate to him. I lost my hair and was pretty much a slick bald Norwood 5 when I was 20 to almost 21. Thank god I responded well to medication and am a cross between Norwood 4 and 3 after a year.

People at my age demographic are really harsh on balding. I got ridiculed for it daily and had to cut out a lot of my “friends” over it.

absolutely sucks that men’s self image is treated like a joke.

• Like 2

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

• Valued Contributor
10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would say shaving is probably the safest option. But at 21 damn, I would be tempted to get a hair system. At that age, it’s an absolute catastrophe to be bald. Most will assume it’s a disease like Portnoy. It’s funny how different society views alopecia areata vs. genetic alopecia. One garners sympathy and a wig is welcomed, while the other garners ridicule for wearing a hair system. 

Spot on. There is definitely a double standard.

• Like 1

• Administrators

In light of this video, who better than @Bandit90to talk about his experience and how he restored his hair. John started balding at 16 and was bald by 21. Now his hair looks amazing. Hope you guys join tomorrow at 11 am Pacific and 7 PM UK time.

B43D5E3D-92EE-450C-8B1F-C29E8984D2C9.png

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

In light of this video, who better than @Bandit90to talk about his experience and how he restored his hair. John started balding at 16 and was bald by 21. Now his hair looks amazing. Hope you guys join tomorrow at 11 am Pacific and 7 PM UK time.

B43D5E3D-92EE-450C-8B1F-C29E8984D2C9.png

Not a huge fan. 
FOR ME: A shaved clean head looks mostly always better than a balding head of hair. Eugenix did a good job on him, but with that degree of baldness and the extensive use of body hair grafts, I think it looks unnatural, especially the transition between transplanted hair and existing hair. 
People who are getting bald in a very young age, including me, seems to be traumatised by loosing their hair and they want it back at all costs. But sometimes I wonder if a transplanted Norwood 6+ does really help the patients appearance. Looking at Eugenix NW 0-4 cases, I am really impressed, but higher than that, I don’t know…

Another good example is gatsby, this guy looks so good with the shaved head, I am not convinced of the hair cut he wears today after the transplant, as he looks balding now and this just makes him look older. 

BUT this is just my point of view others might think different.

PS: Bandit has so great facial features, I really appreciate his look with a shaved head. 
If the scars from the FUE are not that visible or treatable with SMP, I would just rock that look and be happy about the extra stubbles Eugenix gave me 

60880EED-41C3-4285-BB86-27DC75AEE858.jpeg

Edited by didu911

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, didu911 said:

Not a huge fan. 
FOR ME: A shaved clean head looks mostly always better than a balding head of hair. Eugenix did a good job on him, but with that degree of baldness and the extensive use of body hair grafts, I think it looks unnatural, especially the transition between transplanted hair and existing hair. 
People who are getting bald in a very young age, including me, seems to be traumatised by loosing their hair and they want it back at all costs. But sometimes I wonder if a transplanted Norwood 6+ does really help the patients appearance. Looking at Eugenix NW 0-4 cases, I am really impressed, but higher than that, I don’t know…

Another good example is gatsby, this guy looks so good with the shaved head, I am not convinced of the hair cut he wears today after the transplant, as he looks balding now and this just makes him look older. 

PS: Bandit has so great facial features, I really appreciate his look with a shaved head. 
If the scars from the FUE are not that visible or treatable with SMP, I would just rock that look and be happy about the extra stubbles Eugenix gave me 

He’s only had one surgery. He’s a work in progress. He will be getting another HT in the next month to address the crown. For me, he looks LIGHT years better than he did shaved. Not even close. Once he gets the crown done, his transformation is gonna be the most epic in the entire forum. 

I’ve had 4 myself, it took me 2 surgeries to get to where John is now. You look at cases like Karl with two hair transplants he beat hair loss. I’m definitely jelly. Do it right the first time! 
21EFB82A-1FDE-417D-B303-AE4DE0D97D98.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

As I said this is my point of view: I don’t think a second Transplantation will ease out the problems, that I mentioned about the thinning hair look, especially in the crown. It will always be a illusion of density and it’s hard to fulfill the illusion as it goes all over the head.

karl is on another boat, he still has thin hair but it looks age appropriate. 

I was once thinking like you @Melvin- Moderator but my mind hat shifted. Not attacking anyone, also sitting in the same boat, this is just a personal preference and what I as a individual think is aesthetic. 

Edited by didu911
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, didu911 said:

As I said this is my point of view: I don’t think a second Transplantation will ease out the problems, that I mentioned about the thinning hair look, especially in the crown. It will always be a illusion of density and it’s hard to fulfill the illusion as it goes all over the head.

karl is on another boat, he still has thin hair but it looks age appropriate. 

I was once thinking like you @Melvin- Moderator but my mind hat shifted. Not attacking anyone, also sitting in the same boat, this is just a personal preference and what I as a individual think is aesthetic. 

I thought the shave it bro was a meme and nobody actually shaved cause they thought they looked good lol. There are only few people on the planet who look good bald but even they would look good with a nw0  

• Valued Contributor
4 hours ago, didu911 said:

Not a huge fan. 

As I have said many times before if I didn't have the scars front and back on my scalp I would have stuck with my shaved look. I think shaving is a very viable option. However at only 7 months I'm sure I have more to come with my hair and I am planning a second procedure next year. All the best.

1 minute ago, Gatsby said:

As I have said many times before if I didn't have the scars front and back on my scalp I would have stuck with my shaved look. I think shaving is a very viable option. However at only 7 months I'm sure I have more to come with my hair and I am planning a second procedure next year. All the best.

I know mate, I was watching your video with the baldcafe guy and understand the struggle, had 5200 FUT and 2600 FUE grafts. I planning to get the scar filled up with FUE and maybe a SMP afterwards into the Donor. 

IHMO the SMP does a great job on you, are you not happy with the camouflage? 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
4 minutes ago, didu911 said:

I know mate, I was watching your video with the baldcafe guy and understand the struggle, had 5200 FUT and 2600 FUE grafts. I planning to get the scar filled up with FUE and maybe a SMP afterwards into the Donor. 

IHMO the SMP does a great job on you, are you not happy with the camouflage? 

I'm definitely happier with the camouflage I have now with hair as all of the scars are hidden. SMP works wonders for non geometrical scars like FUE, punch graft scars, etc. The hairline wasn't covered with SMP completely and the scarring in the donor was the result of plastic surgery over several years. SMP did a great job in camouflage but not as much as the hair I now have.

• Like 1

Just now, Gatsby said:

I'm definitely happier with the camouflage I have now with hair as all of the scars are hidden. SMP works wonders for non geometrical scars like FUE, punch graft scars, etc. The hairline wasn't covered with SMP completely and the scarring in the donor was the result of plastic surgery over several years. SMP did a great job in camouflage but not as much as the hair I now have.

Fair enough, I think the scar in the front is really the thing that you struggle with the most?  

Sorry to misuse the thread, but I really don't get why the doctor did the "Strip" in the front of your head, was this something like a forehead reduction?

• Like 1

• Administrators

@didu911 have you ever shaved your head? I did it for a year. You don’t know if its for you, until you try it. If you shave and your happy, that’s your solution.

View my thread