Hair Transplant at a young age

39 minutes ago, watde said:

Some clinics replied by now

HLC - claimed a good front could be done but rejected due to age

Eugenix - Quoted 4000 Grafts

BHR Clinic - expressed the same opinion as here, age is too young and further loss would provide unnatural results.

DR Felipe Pittella - Received two options for up to 8000 grafts  you can see them here 

https://i.imgur.com/TYiINh7.png

I have seen the opinions here and not keen to jump on any offer presented, but to take opinions from well known clinics as well and evaluate my standing.

I would like to receive your opinions about the offers and will update when more clinics reply

Personally i would trust BHR overall, as Dr Bisanga is world class known for many, many years as such and they have the best interests at mind of yourself. 

It's genuinely a hard pill to swallow when this sort of thing happens and i can appreciate a small part of the emotional impact it does have but i would definitely urge you not to rush anything and to wait till 25 minimum and take progress pictures to see if things improve or stay the same. Maybe switch to Dutasteride fully if you can. 

I would definitely say hair fibres are a good start to try and see how it looks for yourself. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SimpleLife said:

Doesnt matter what any clinic says, theyre biased & here to make money. The pictures speak for themselves..

You are not a good candidate for a HT and its not even debatable my bro.

If that was true, i don't think BHR would have turned him or other people down, so it's a bit unfair to say that but i do agree generally that OP seems to have been considered a candidate by some of those names concerning 

1 minute ago, NARMAK said:

If that was true, i don't think BHR would have turned him or other people down, so it's a bit unfair to say that but i do agree generally that OP seems to have been considered a candidate by some of those names concerning 

Wasnt reffering to any of the clinics above, but just in general

Maybe I'm deadwrong and magical results are achieveable, I dont see it tho..

• Valued Contributor

@watde my thoughts are that you could speak to a dermatologist. My arm chair 'opinion' is that you have DUPA. Due to your age and the fact that you have been on medication for MPB I would highly recommend that you don't go ahead with surgery. I believe it would be a big mistake. At the moment you have no scars whatsoever. How your hair will look in another five years could be very different. More importantly how you feel about previous surgery by then may be deeply regretful. In fact that is your biggest problem. The future. Have you considered shaving and/or SMP? All the best!

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@watde my thoughts are that you could speak to a dermatologist. My arm chair 'opinion' is that you have DUPA. Due to your age and the fact that you have been on medication for MPB I would highly recommend that you don't go ahead with surgery. I believe it would be a big mistake. At the moment you have no scars whatsoever. How your hair will look in another five years could be very different. More importantly how you feel about previous surgery by then may be deeply regretful. In fact that is your biggest problem. The future. Have you considered shaving and/or SMP? All the best!

Yes I have thought about SMP, I have been shaving my head for a year and it looks good.

I believe it is my safest route going now. I reached men's Ink in Milan as their work looks very natural.

9 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Personally i would trust BHR overall, as Dr Bisanga is world class known for many, many years as such and they have the best interests at mind of yourself. 

It's genuinely a hard pill to swallow when this sort of thing happens and i can appreciate a small part of the emotional impact it does have but i would definitely urge you not to rush anything and to wait till 25 minimum and take progress pictures to see if things improve or stay the same. Maybe switch to Dutasteride fully if you can. 

I would definitely say hair fibres are a good start to try and see how it looks for yourself. 

I will start taking Dutasteride perhaps it will be a game changer even tough topical DUT haven't done anything.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about your situation..

However, one thing that is an important factor is how far back your hairline was naturally as a child?
As I kid I had a far back hairline prior to any balding.  This could make your hairloss look worse in your 20's.

Just from your photos and post alone it looks like you're not responding to hairloss medication.  It's pretty tragic at 21. :/

Hope you find a solution or comfort in being bald.  Accepting balding is the best thing for a man to do.

Alternatives for you could be shaven with SMP work.  Or even try out a hair system if you don't mind spending around £1000 per year.

Edited by SeanToman
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 9:40 PM, civic said:

From the photo it looks like there is still good amount of hair. Sorry to hear that meds don't work for you. Have you tried vitamims such as D3, zinc, biotin? Todays youth have more difficult life due to social media, dating apps etc.  this causes a huge amount of stress. I would strongly recomend all natural approach, & to try to stay away from instagram, tiktok, tinder etc.  Those apps are 50% cause of hair loss at the minimum -).

I gotta disagree with that. I personally know people who have nothing to do with this social media stuff (no insta, no snapchat etc) and are bald and others that are constantly posting on it who have full head of hairs.

But if we forget about social media and just talk about stress in general (and I strongly believe that most of people's jobs, or even relationships, are causing more stress than social medias), why would stress make your hair fall following the typicals norwood patterns?

Stress can aggravate your hair loss, if you're already prone to it. If you're not and have an aggressive hair loss suddenly (due to stress before exams for exemple), there's big chances that you'll recover from it.

@watde It all depends of the type of hairstyle that you want to wear, and if you have body hair. What about your beard and chest?

Look at this video below: (I'm not saying to go for this surgeon, but that is enough to show you have possibilities not to be bald, and I'm actually not surprised that Dr Pittella sent you a surgery plan). Whatever you chose, do it with a cool head and talk with your surgeon about the future.

• Thanks 1

I have chosen to go with SMP route for now, I believe I have enough hair to probably give it a better effect when shaven.

I  went with buzzcut look for the past year with  toppik which gives a smp look (cheap but lifestyle restricting option) so I know what to expect and my head compliments the look.

I will keep taking meds and will incorporate dutasteride perhaps it may a reach a point where it stabilizes with and I could be a better candidate in the future for a transplant without taking unnecessary risks which could hurt me long term. 

I will reassess my position when I reach 24-25 and could be by then verteporfin be shown as useful.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, watde said:

I have chosen to go with SMP route for now, I believe I have enough hair to probably give it a better effect when shaven.

I  went with buzzcut look for the past year with  toppik which gives a smp look (cheap but lifestyle restricting option) so I know what to expect and my head compliments the look.

I will keep taking meds and will incorporate dutasteride perhaps it may a reach a point where it stabilizes with and I could be a better candidate in the future for a transplant without taking unnecessary risks which could hurt me long term. 

I will reassess my position when I reach 24-25 and could be by then verteporfin be shown as useful.

Amazing!
It's important to note that SMP can look a little goofy for the first few days after getting the procedure.  The dots are bigger and darker.

But after a week or two it looks amazing. :)
Multiple sessions are needed to add a 'textured' look.  After the first session it might look a little flat.

On 8/26/2022 at 1:24 PM, Rasputin said:

@watde It all depends of the type of hairstyle that you want to wear, and if you have body hair. What about your beard and chest?

Look at this video below: (I'm not saying to go for this surgeon, but that is enough to show you have possibilities not to be bald, and I'm actually not surprised that Dr Pittella sent you a surgery plan). Whatever you chose, do it with a cool head and talk with your surgeon about the future.

While the appearance of density is impossible for a patient like this, I find this appearance preferable to SMP by itself.  The reason being, the hair can be allowed to grow out, and maintained.  With SMP on a slick bald head, that person is forever locked into a situation of shaving his head every day, because if he lets his native hair grow, on the sides and back of his head, it will be jarring to see that against the head tattoo that looks like stubble.

The person in this video, who pushed his result by using beard and body hair, still has the option to mix in some SMP and not look unnatural.

2 hours ago, AB2000 said:

While the appearance of density is impossible for a patient like this, I find this appearance preferable to SMP by itself.  The reason being, the hair can be allowed to grow out, and maintained.  With SMP on a slick bald head, that person is forever locked into a situation of shaving his head every day, because if he lets his native hair grow, on the sides and back of his head, it will be jarring to see that against the head tattoo that looks like stubble.

The person in this video, who pushed his result by using beard and body hair, still has the option to mix in some SMP and not look unnatural.

Indeed, and I think, as you get past a certain age, it's better as well to have more of a diffuse thinning look than the shaved smp one.