"randy your crown looks like it is losing hair. If you want to protect yourself from going bald you should see a dermatogist and get on finasteride. It really helpe me when I started it 4 years ago."  show your photos, take photos of his crown. 

• Like 3

Missmylonghair,

yes, I think it’s a good idea to point him in that direction especially if he is sitting in the crown. That said, I do suggest you ask him to research the medication and let him know about the potential side effects as well. It’s important that anyone considering medication or anything for that matter is able to make an informed decision.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 2

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

16 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Missmylonghair,

yes, I think it’s a good idea to point him in that direction especially if he is sitting in the crown. That said, I do suggest you ask him to research the medication and let him know about the potential side effects as well. It’s important that anyone considering medication or anything for that matter is able to make an informed decision.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Round of applause for this comment

• Administrators

I would start off by talking about yourself. Say something like “man I’m noticing my hairs thinning.” Then you could say something like “I’ve been taking fin to stop it. I think it’s working.” 

That might prompt him to ask more about it and come forward with his own thinning. Never good to outright point out someone’s flaws, but if you lead with your own, it makes you relatable and gives him more confidence to be honest. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.