Asli Tarcan said I need 5000-5500 grafts for this. Seem right?

Asli Tarcan is one of the worst places to get your hair transplant. Take a look at @RTCs experience with them. Same amount of grafts as you were quoted and you can see how he is undergoing a repair with Dr Mwamba.

You would need less than half that. 2000-3500 depending on how dense you want it and your final pattern of balding.

5000-5500 is anywhere between 60% to 90% of your donor area. Asli Tarcan will pillage your donor area and destroy your hair. 

I would recommend Dr Bisanga for your case. He is ethical and will get you the most hair on your head for your lifetime.

Edited by mister_25
  • Like 4

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

Thanks for tag @mister_25.

At this point, I think it's so well established that Asli Tarcan might destroy your hair (and your life) that it's a waste of time to say anything other than DON'T GO THERE. Just don't.

Check out mine and others' experience on Youtube (Rate This Clinic). Watch the Mayham2020 one in particular, he's a black guy.

Sadly, despite people watching and commenting on my videos, I see those same commenters a few days later on Asli Tarcan HT journey videos fawning over the results and saying they're considering going. 

Don't do it.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, RTC said:

Thanks for tag @mister_25.

At this point, I think it's so well established that Asli Tarcan might destroy your hair (and your life) that it's a waste of time to say anything other than DON'T GO THERE. Just don't.

Check out mine and others' experience on Youtube (Rate This Clinic). Watch the Mayham2020 one in particular, he's a black guy.

Sadly, despite people watching and commenting on my videos, I see those same commenters a few days later on Asli Tarcan HT journey videos fawning over the results and saying they're considering going. 

Don't do it.

Okay.  Got it, avoid Asli Tarcan.

I see you are getting a repair job with Dr Mwamba. How much does he charge per graft?

Man you have very early loss. How old are you?

For best results, I'd wait until the temples are cleaned out (because they will thin and fall) and then go do 3-4K grafts to restore the frontal third and hairline. 5K for that degree of loss is beyond ridiculous, big red flag. 

OP, this isn't anything against you but this is an educational moment right here for the entire HRN community new and old. 

You went to Dr Bisanga and got told to give medication a year and reassess your options after that. This was an extremely ethical doctor and a world class elite that could have taken a good deal of money from you but knew you wouldn't be happy long term. 

Then after that post, whether you went to Asli Tarcan for a quote or already, perhaps reached out at the same time as Dr Bisanga, you've now got advised by a hair mill who will butcher your donor area to chase 5k to 5.5k grafts. 

This is how hair mills prey on men and their insecurity with no regard for your long term results but only their profits. Be grateful you already had the foresight to be on a site like here and have people like @RTCthat are sharing their experiences with hair mills to help save others a similar fate. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, NARMAK said:

OP, this isn't anything against you but this is an educational moment right here for the entire HRN community new and old. 

You went to Dr Bisanga and got told to give medication a year and reassess your options after that. This was an extremely ethical doctor and a world class elite that could have taken a good deal of money from you but knew you wouldn't be happy long term. 

Then after that post, whether you went to Asli Tarcan for a quote or already, perhaps reached out at the same time as Dr Bisanga, you've now got advised by a hair mill who will butcher your donor area to chase 5k to 5.5k grafts. 

This is how hair mills prey on men and their insecurity with no regard for your long term results but only their profits. Be grateful you already had the foresight to be on a site like here and have people like @RTCthat are sharing their experiences with hair mills to help save others a similar fate. 

This x1000

i got botched by asli tarcan and am gonna go with dr barghothi for a donor repair job . dont go to asli tarcan , they have the worst technicians in the world ... if they operate on you , you will never ever have a donor again. AVOID AVOID AVOID

Edited by IZZD

• Administrators

So let me get this straight. Dr. Bisanga, arguably one of the best tells you to get on meds and wait (great advice btw). Now, you decide to ignore his good advice and go to arguably one of the worst 🫤 

Take a step back for a moment. You’re choosing on emotions and not logic. This is the number on way people end up botched. Hair mills prey on the financially vulnerable, young, and emotional men. Better to do nothing, than go to a bad hair mill.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I actually kind of disagree with Bisanga's advice that he MUST get on meds and wait a year. Perhaps that is the most prudent thing to do, but (And I sound like a broken record because I say this on every thread) as long as you understand that your loss will progress if not on meds, and that you'll likely need multiple HT's over the course of your lifetime, them go ahead and get a HT now. However, it's not guaranteed that you will halt your lost on meds either. So if you want a HT go get one, just understand it wont be a one and done procedure. You will need another at some point down the line, how far down the line is impossible to say as it depends on your particular rate of loss. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I actually kind of disagree with Bisanga's advice that he MUST get on meds and wait a year. Perhaps that is the most prudent thing to do, but (And I sound like a broken record because I say this on every thread) as long as you understand that your loss will progress if not on meds, and that you'll likely need multiple HT's over the course of your lifetime, them go ahead and get a HT now. However, it's not guaranteed that you will halt your lost on meds either. So if you want a HT go get one, just understand it wont be a one and done procedure. You will need another at some point down the line, how far down the line is impossible to say as it depends on your particular rate of loss. 

Either way, there really isn’t any good justification for going to Asli Tarcan. 

• Like 1

Hello Sir,

First of all, it is definitely not suitable for your hair type to exceed 3500 grafts. According to your hair loss, you need about 2000-2500 grafts. This would be equivalent to a 3500 grafts hair transplant for a person with a straight hair type. Of course, this graft range will vary according to your age, skin health and blood circulation.

If you have e more questions, please ask me.

Best Regards.

Dr.Kuddusi ONAY

Edited by dronay