Line of discolored dots from anesthesia

Hey, I had a procedure with Dr.Mwamba 1,5 months ago. About 3k grafts where extracted. When I was at the clinic I felt very comfortable and in good hands. I can attest to most experiences written. My donor seems to have recovered pretty fine. However as soon as I came home after surgery I noticed this line of discolored dots in my nape area. Apparently it is from anesthesia. 2 weeks post op I sent the clinic a photo of it and I was told that I am just healing from surgery. Now about 1 month later the situation doesn’t seem to have improved. I asked again and the doctor said it is from anesthesia and it will go away. I just wanted to ask if anyone here has ever experienced or seen something like that since I can’t find anything about it when I research. I am just worried since I want to keep my donor very very short. The first picture is 2 weeks after the procedure and the second one is 1,5 months after the procedure. Don’t mind the red spots in the second picture, I just laid my head on my pillow in a weird way.

CA2B5EDF-4501-49E3-9BB7-4A7D361E12EF.png

01921F8A-BFD4-432E-8AB8-5A374AA2B889.png

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

Hey, I had a procedure with Dr.Mwamba 1,5 months ago. About 3k grafts where extracted. When I was at the clinic I felt very comfortable and in good hands. I can attest to most experiences written. My donor seems to have recovered pretty fine. However as soon as I came home after surgery I noticed this line of discolored dots in my nape area. Apparently it is from anesthesia. 2 weeks post op I sent the clinic a photo of it and I was told that I am just healing from surgery. Now about 1 month later the situation doesn’t seem to have improved. I asked again and the doctor said it is from anesthesia and it will go away. I just wanted to ask if anyone here has ever experienced or seen something like that since I can’t find anything about it when I research. I am just worried since I want to keep my donor very very short. The first picture is 2 weeks after the procedure and the second one is 1,5 months after the procedure. Don’t mind the red spots in the second picture, I just laid my head on my pillow in a weird way.

CA2B5EDF-4501-49E3-9BB7-4A7D361E12EF.png

01921F8A-BFD4-432E-8AB8-5A374AA2B889.png

You had extractions in this picture? I don’t see any dots. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, RTC said:

Damn, never seen this before

Maybe it would be worth trying a silicone based gel for a couple of months?

Idk bro. I don’t see any improvement after 1-2 months. Do not know what to to do right now. I have researched it and I just found that after surgery skin can discolor in general but yeah. Dr Mwamba says it is from anesthesia and it will go away.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

This is before I had any extractions

C2A640F9-AF16-4CE1-B105-F251BE1A786F.png

You might be the best healer I’ve ever seen. Regarding the brown line. I’ve never heard this would be a permanent issue from anesthesia. What did Dr. Mwamba say? 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

You might be the best healer I’ve ever seen. Regarding the brown line. I’ve never heard this would be a permanent issue from anesthesia. What did Dr. Mwamba say? 

I didn’t speak to Dr.Mwamba personally , but according to the patient coordinator Dr.Mwamba says it will go away. The thing is I never even heard about discoloration from anesthesia wether permanent nor temporary so I’m kinda worried. 

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

I didn’t speak to Dr.Mwamba personally , but according to the patient coordinator Dr.Mwamba says it will go away. The thing is I never even heard about discoloration from anesthesia wether permanent nor temporary so I’m kinda worried. 

I wouldn’t worry, you heal like wolverine. Honestly, I’ve never seen a donor look untouched before in my life. It’s actually baffling. I’m still trying to wrap my head around how you got extractions cause I don’t see any. 

View my thread

26 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I wouldn’t worry, you heal like wolverine. Honestly, I’ve never seen a donor look untouched before in my life. It’s actually baffling. I’m still trying to wrap my head around how you got extractions cause I don’t see any. 

Well, it hasn’t improved since I have noticed it. I’m not so sure if I shouldn’t be worried 

7 minutes ago, civic said:

It could be that there was a line drawn with pencil/marker & when extraction punches were made it made a temporary tattoo, if so, it should fade within few months .

That would be an explanation. But I haven’t been told that. Hopefully it will fade. However , thanks for the reply. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, SteveUrkel02 said:

That would be an explanation. But I haven’t been told that. Hopefully it will fade. However , thanks for the reply. 

I think you should speak to Dr. Mwamba. So he can explain, have you washed the area? 

View my thread

18 minutes ago, Fue3361 said:

That’s really weird.

But I wouldn’t worry too much.  Worst case scenario, a good dermatologist can treat it with laser.

That’s what I thought. I obviously didn’t expect anything like a brown line in my donor area. Hopefully it will go away on its own. Otherwise I will have to to something about it. The thing is right now I have to keep shaving my head because if my native hair grows in it’s just my native recessed hairline 😂. I need something to mask it but yeah

It is so minimum that anyone that sees it won’t spend more than half a second considering it.  Looks like an interesting thin birth mark.  

So I wouldn’t bother hiding it or stressing over it for the time being.

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SteveUrkel02 said:

That’s what I thought. I obviously didn’t expect anything like a brown line in my donor area. Hopefully it will go away on its own. Otherwise I will have to to something about it. The thing is right now I have to keep shaving my head because if my native hair grows in it’s just my native recessed hairline 😂. I need something to mask it but yeah

Tbh that line is way better than having thousands of visible dots. If I were to see it I’d assume it was a birth mark. 

View my thread

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

What does the typical donor look like post op?

You should expect to see dots if you shave that close. I’ve never seen a donor like that. Still unbelievable. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Could it depend on skin tone and skin sensitivity? Maybe darker skin more prone to white dots or it doesn’t really matter?

I don’t think it depends on skin tone. Mr. Rolandas is very pale and the dots are still visible. It depends on physiology. Some people just heal better.

• Like 1

View my thread