Not sure how to make a decision between clinics

Hi
I'm 33 y/o (will be at this December) with 5A-6 NW class, not taking a meds for hairloss.
I'm thinking about HDC (Cyprus) or Dr. Bicer (Turkey), but not sure how to make a decision.
I saw results for both of them, seems pretty similar, the price is similar (2.4€-2.5€), and the geographic location is pretty similar as well.
so how do you guys make a decision? :| 

1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

There is a search bar on this forum. Spend some time searching for Bicer and HDC and make your decision accordingly. 

@GoliGoliGoliBelieve my, I spent.

Both looks similiar like I said. However, I cannot proceed both of them and need to choose *one*. So how do you make this the decision if it all looks the same (price, results etc) ?

2 hours ago, Harry2 said:

@GoliGoliGoliBelieve my, I spent.

Both looks similiar like I said. However, I cannot proceed both of them and need to choose *one*. So how do you make this the decision if it all looks the same (price, results etc) ?

I know what you mean.

I have spent the last few days searching results of different doctors that were recommended to me and the difference is marginal. 

Even Konior who is praised so much, I couldn’t find many recent results of his on this forum and the ones that are available seem similar to rest but he’s praised so much.

Maybe there should be a thread where different doctors results are compared by someone who knows what is a good result and then judged that way 😁

Edited by LookMaxx

10 minutes ago, LookMaxx said:

Maybe there should be a thread where different doctors results are compared by someone who knows what is a good result and then judged that way 😁

Actually not sure I understand what did you mean

Harry2,

there are many ways to find and select a Hair Transplant Surgeon Tara but if you want to select one of the best and be confident with your decision, it takes a plethora of research. I’m going to share with you what I tell everyone who asks how to ultimately select a reputable and top surgeon to perform your hair transplant.

1. Start by looking at the surgeons recommended on this community, in particular the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.  Surgeons recommended on this community half met a demanding set of standards and are proved based on meeting those high standards rather than just the simple ability to pay a membership fee.  Furthermore, physician members of the coalition have met and even higher and more demanding set of standards and have proven to be amongst the best of the best in the profession.

2. Now even amongst the list of outstanding surgeons, not all surgeons are created equally. Therefore, while it’s tempting to select a surgeon based on price or location, try to avoid this as many individuals travel great distances to undergo surgery with an elite surgeon they are most impressed with.  Thus choose a surgeon based on their proven ability to produce outstanding results rather than cost or location

3. Narrow your selection down to 3 to 5 surgeons you are most impressed with.  You can do this by using this discussion forum to view examples of patient results posted by both the clinic and the patients.  Speak with and meet with real patients in person if possible. If not, video chat works pretty well.

4. come up with a list of consult questions to ask each surgeon/clinic you are considering. I created several different posts on this forum with good questions to ask doctors.  If you need help, let me know.

5. Consult with each doctor you are considering and ultimately, choose the surgeon you feel can best meet your goals.

I hope this helps.

Rahal Hair Transplant 

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Why don't you consult with each one to see which one aligns with your goals more, especially if you think they do equally decent work? At that point, given that price, location, and quality are nearly the same, just speak to both to get a sense of who will give you what you want.

26 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Why don't you consult with each one to see which one aligns with your goals more, especially if you think they do equally decent work? At that point, given that price, location, and quality are nearly the same, just speak to both to get a sense of who will give you what you want.

@Z-- ofc. I already consult them both.

Both of them gave same diagonsis +-.

Two session.

First around 3500-4000 grafts for hairline and front. Second session for crown. 

So again - they are the same and I not sure how to decide.

9 minutes ago, Harry2 said:

@Z-- ofc. I already consult them both.

Both of them gave same diagonsis +-.

Two session.

First around 3500-4000 grafts for hairline and front. Second session for crown. 

So again - they are the same and I not sure how to decide.

Then just go with the one who you think is more likely to help you in the event of any issues (e.g. unlikely event of poor growth). This comes down to which one you trust more and personality based on the calls if all else are equal.

There are more Bicer results here, but personally, I think both are decent options. I’d still say an elite doctor in Spain or Portugal is the way to go at a slightly higher price point around €3 per graft, but if you are fine with both doctors, there’s no wrong choice. 

9 hours ago, Z-- said:

Then just go with the one who you think is more likely to help you in the event of any issues (e.g. unlikely event of poor growth). This comes down to which one you trust more and personality based on the calls if all else are equal.

There are more Bicer results here, but personally, I think both are decent options. I’d still say an elite doctor in Spain or Portugal is the way to go at a slightly higher price point around €3 per graft, but if you are fine with both doctors, there’s no wrong choice. 

Who in Portugal or Spain take 3€ per graft and is better than these two? From what I saw, price are higher than this.

And what make Dr. X/Y, better? Because all of them will recieve the same donor area (mine) and no one can do a magic and extract more grafts than it possible..  so?

Edited by Harry2

• Valued Contributor
On 8/9/2022 at 1:36 PM, Harry2 said:

Hi
I'm 33 y/o (will be at this December) with 5A-6 NW class, not taking a meds for hairloss.
I'm thinking about HDC (Cyprus) or Dr. Bicer (Turkey), but not sure how to make a decision.
I saw results for both of them, seems pretty similar, the price is similar (2.4€-2.5€), and the geographic location is pretty similar as well.
so how do you guys make a decision? :| 

See who has the most results that are similar to your current hair loss and future goals. Also ask lots of questions. You should get a sense of who you click with but remember communication is key. 

6 hours ago, Harry2 said:

Who in Portugal or Spain take 3€ per graft and is better than these two? From what I saw, price are higher than this.

And what make Dr. X/Y, better? Because all of them will recieve the same donor area (mine) and no one can do a magic and extract more grafts than it possible..  so?

There’s a few like Pinto and Ferudini, but not sure if their prices have gone up. They’re better based on their results. It’s not about only how you extract the grafts but also how they’re placed. A great doctor can make a few grafts look like many. 

I also doubt that Bicer and HDC are exactly equal. Look for their bad results and see how they handle those (free repair, refund or something else); look at the donor after the transplant, look at how many grafts they need to achieve fullness. I’m 100% certain they are different. If somehow after all that, you can’t distinguish the two in terms of preference, then just flip a coin as it’ll make no difference at that point - both would be equally reliable.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, Z-- said:

I also doubt that Bicer and HDC are exactly equal. Look for their bad results and see how they handle those (free repair, refund or something else); look at the donor after the transplant, look at how many grafts they need to achieve fullness. I’m 100% certain they are different. If somehow after all that, you can’t distinguish the two in terms of preference, then just flip a coin as it’ll make no difference at that point - both would be equally reliable.

@Z--

1. Handling bad results it's not something I think about. Good idea. Actually I saw HDC offer a free repair for someone here or at another forum. Not sure how Bicer will act in the same scenario.

2. Looking on the donor area - do you mean right after a procedure or some timr after that?

3. HDC told I need 3500 grafts for first session (hairline +front) then second session. Dr. Bicer told me up to 4000 grafts (hairline + front) then second session. However, both said this number of grafts can be change during personal consult. That's I think to make single day trip for a personal consultation but this will happen after I will choose a clinic (don't want to travel twice for two different countries only for a meetings).

I know my donor area is not ultimate so another grafts source can be use if needed for second session. HDC takes only from beard and Dr Bicer takes beard + chest. (I have too much :D )

By the way, I know HDC washing your head for 5 days until you leave Cyprus, and also remove all the scabs before you leave. e.g you come back to your home without any scabs so no need to take care it by yourself. Bicer's clinc's offer you a head wash for a 3-4 days then you are on your own. The question is if removing scabs is deal-breaker.

• Moderators

Most Drs usually have a certain hairline style that they almost always do with a small range of variation to fit the patient, so look at the hairlines they've done and see which ones come closest to what you would want and pick that Dr. Most people are trying to get back to what they remember themselves looking like, so I also suggest looking at some older pictures of yourself and comparing your old hairline to the two Drs hairline work.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.