Failed hair transplants, possible revision!? Please help

Hey everyone, ive now had a total of 3 hair transplants and about fue 4200 grafts extracted.  My donor area is very thin and patchy in spots. My right side is less thin then my right but there is some noticable spots. Ive had smp on the fue scars so i can wear my hair at 1/2 inch or inch and try to blend things a little better. Only problem is i feel that it would be very noticeable to people. Ive now worn a hat religiously for the last two years and this has effected my career and have worked a job where i can wear hats and too worried to even interview . Also dating women im always wearing a hat unless im comfortable enough. Ive even heard from a women I was dating, you were so cute in pictures with long hair whyd you cut it so short. I didnt feel like explaining my situation with 3 failed hair transplants. I feel weird hiding behind my hat constantly but all i can say is thank god for them.  At this point ive become tired of trying but want to be able to live my life to the fullest and this just isnt it. I dont want to hold myself back hiding behind my hat forever but i hate how my head looks. If i knew i had a ok head shape i would have just gone bald earlier but felt way too young and had gotten my first hair transplant at about age 22.  Im 34 now and been through hell for 12 years concealing my hair trying to make it look the best i can with certain haircut, fibers and wearing it long to cover bald spots. Ive always had thin fine hair never really thick but started to really noticeably thin at about 20-21. I just want to look normal without my hat and not look like ive had all this work done, i want to live a normal life. Ive gone to therapy, take meds to deal with depression and anxiety but at the end of the day i just cant live with how it makes me feel. Sorry for the long rant but felt that i needed to get it off my chest.  I hope i can find a doctor who can correct this in some kind of way, im unhappy with the donor and density and feel the hair looks a little pluggy and wirey compared to my hair which is fine and thin. Ive attached a few pics for reference.  

if anyone has someone they can recommend and doctors who specialize in repairs i am willing to pay anything to correct this or travel anywhere. Dont want this to hold me back from living a productive and happy life.  Thank you in advance!!

8770AB42-31BC-4175-AE5C-D86677B3BC92.jpeg

49AF70D3-B246-4C23-A232-E424F16CD851.jpeg

A70CC4F9-FB3F-47BE-9C8C-581DF09FCC37.jpeg

8E4AC07F-3CF7-47EE-8405-3A97E8745EA1.jpeg

15B0665F-076B-4ED5-8D52-4384D20AEE35.jpeg

581C2693-FFDC-478E-9EAA-658FAFCB31D6.jpeg

1A673110-5B5D-4CD5-9D7B-38B935E4177B.jpeg

9A32E092-37B9-446C-A20D-E8B927523170.jpeg

A3AAD1E2-ABF2-4140-955C-81955518EC0E.jpeg

F1C97BBF-0E0F-4693-91A8-79DE21A0A2FF.jpeg

DCEBC1C6-CA7E-4065-911E-F61EE189D5F5.jpeg

3528EF36-DF13-46DD-B4D6-ADE956D75416.jpeg

22AFCA7F-D0DA-4799-B41B-5E9C72BF0D5A.jpeg

C1F66D91-F604-48F9-8433-7C8CFC989C30.jpeg

08BFF343-5B00-4F1B-A747-2C93CF2ED77A.jpeg

C90E5E02-F4F2-4C8B-A078-FE87C4E18D56.jpeg

D73F6EF9-03D5-43FC-97CD-4421EEBA5172.jpeg

030F1CF9-2286-4C02-B160-5AA357CD42B6.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

Your SMP looks brilliant in that I can't see it and you just look a guy who buzzes his hair. You do not look at all like you have MPB. Is this a look you could live with? If not there are many excellent surgeons who do great repair work. Have a look at the forum's listed doctors. You have more options than you realise. If you were to use scalp hair to augment your donor supply you would be amazed at the transformations that are possible. All the best.

• Thanks 1

The pictures look fine except for some redness in the front, for me you have 3 options

1. Find a good doctor to have a final hair transplant with the rest of your donor area, dont proceed if you dont believe the result will be good

2. Keep this look

3. Shave your head and do SMP

These pics look really good

Edited by BaldV
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone! i used to wear my hair alot longer but feel that the hair isnt that full where i can get away with growing it out. My main concern is the donor area patchyness and the frontal hair line i would like to lower maybe a little more.  How is hasson and wong for repair work? Is there anyone on the east coast that is good and does good repair work. I guess going through 3 hair transplants has made me feel even more critical 

3 hours ago, BaldV said:

The pictures look fine except for some redness in the front, for me you have 3 options

1. Find a good doctor to have a final hair transplant with the rest of your donor area, dont proceed if you dont believe the result will be good

2. Keep this look

3. Shave your head and do SMP

These pics look really good

Appreciate it man, ive been derma rolling so i think that is why its still red. But its been 2 years since ive had a transplant now. I think i might consider getting body hair or nape hair to blend in the donor more nad possibly fill the scalp more if i didnt run out of grafts

8 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Maybe the photos don’t do your concerns Justice, but I don’t see the issue.

Does it look bad when grown out?

Ive tried to grow it out a little longer and the frontal area looks alot thicker and coarse then the rest of the hair and feel like it makes it more obvious that i have thin hair so i just end up shaving it to even it out

7 hours ago, mafpe said:

how long has it been since your transplant? your head still look a little red on the hairline.

Its been two years now the redness is because i derma rolled the night before i think

7 hours ago, braun453 said:

Are these pics from the first few weeks of the transplant? Your recipient area skin looks bruised and a little red. Also, did you consider shaving it all off, and going fully bald? 

Hey man i shoukd have said i derma rolled on the post thats why it looks like that.  Ive considered that but then you would notice the fue scars more snd feel like the transplanted hair cant be completely shaved. It looks a little rough not like a regular bald person so feel like i either gotta live with it or have it corrected 

Agreed. It’s a good look — honestly just drop the hat. I couldn’t even tell you had failed transplants. You’re prob your own harshest critic. 

That said, you should look into elite surgeons for your next one (if you want to proceed with another transplant, it’s really not necessary in your case). Id suggest  Couto, Hattengen, Konior, Bisanga, or Mwamba. They’ve been producing perfect results the last few years. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Your SMP looks brilliant in that I can't see it and you just look a guy who buzzes his hair. You do not look at all like you have MPB. Is this a look you could live with? If not there are many excellent surgeons who do great repair work. Have a look at the forum's listed doctors. You have more options than you realise. If you were to use scalp hair to augment your donor supply you would be amazed at the transformations that are possible. All the best.

Really appreciate it man! I appreciate that before getting this third transplant i got smp on the frontal hairline and decide to get a tranplant over it but over time the smp fade as i derma roll.  I feel like the my did a good job with smp on the donor but in certain lighting it looks a little patchy where in missing hair. Yea at this point im just trying yo do a final surgery if possible tl correct a few things so i can move on. Is there any doctors you’d recommend for this?

Steel,

I have to be honest - in looking at your pictures after reading your story, I am quite confused because in my opinion, your hair looks pretty good in the photos. Now I understand that photos aren’t always an accurate depiction of reality and your hair is cropped real short so I don’t know what it looks like long. But in looking at your pictures, it just looks like you are purposely sporting a buzz cut and I don’t think anybody would notice or think there’s anything wrong with your hair. I also don’t think anyone would consider you a man with balding or thinning hair.  Even your donor area looks pretty good with no signs of thinning or balding patches   The only thing I see is a little bit of redness in the recipient area which could be anything.

In my opinion, consult with a reputable surgeon which may be the one you’ve already underwent surgery with or someone knew that you were impressed with based on their proven ability to consistently produce outstanding results.  Express your concerns to them and garner their professional opinion about how to move forward.

if you would like a one on one information session with Dr. Rahal, feel free to contact me privately and I’ll be happy to set it up for you. He Will give you an honest and forthright evaluation and help you come up with a short and long-term plan to meet your goals.

I hope this helps  

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

1 hour ago, Steele114 said:

Really appreciate it man! I appreciate that before getting this third transplant i got smp on the frontal hairline and decide to get a tranplant over it but over time the smp fade as i derma roll.  I feel like the my did a good job with smp on the donor but in certain lighting it looks a little patchy where in missing hair. Yea at this point im just trying yo do a final surgery if possible tl correct a few things so i can move on. Is there any doctors you’d recommend for this?

How long ago did you do the SMP? Do you have any pictures with SMP and shaved head?

To be honest, I think you got a pretty good result. Usually there is some evident signs of Harvesting/Implantations and I myself who have been looking at these for a long time are really struggling to look for it. The only thing that indicates that this is a hair transplant is the redness in the frontal third.

I don't think anyone will notice it unless you point it out to them. Even people that are in the know in hair transplants/hair loss.

Edited by mister_25

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022