Dr Ferriera

Guys can anyone tell me how much does Dr Ferrera charge for a transplant?

Unfortunately I do not think I will be able to avoid the need for a 2nd transplant within the next 12 months.

This is really disappointing and upsetting but I guess things could be worse. I hear Ferriera and Pinto are good so I might explore them for my next transplant.

Just now, Rossybop said:

Dr Saifi in Poland, December 2020.

Oh yeah I know Saifi. 

He was hyped on youtube by Killian Lawlor his consultant. 

I think Saifi is not a bad surgeon but he's been overhyped on Youtube in my honest. 

I've seen some good results but also some pretty mediocre ones...

Did you have poor growth ? What was the issue specifically ? 

Yeah Killian is a sales rep for him, marketing and sales is a big part of the HT industry as you know yourself.

Yeah, he seemed good to me, and to be fair when I had my transplant it seemed like he did a careful meticulous job along with his technicians. The whole procedure took about 10 hours.

I had 2,040 FUE grafts transplanted to the hairline, temporal points, temporal peaks and mid-scalp. I'm on fin and Regaine.

The transplant actually looked amazing after 6-12 months.

However in the last 2-3 months it looks and feels as if it has thinned and also as if a lot of hairs have fallen out.

Maybe I have lost some native hair, but I personally feel like I've lost a lot of transplanted hair tbh.

I documented my HT journey here, you'll find it if you look.

As it stands I've not lost all my transplanted hair (yet). When my hair is styled a certain way it still looks like I have a fairly full head of hair. But I'm now extremely limited with styles and if you whip my hair this way or that way you can see very obvious signs of balding and a weak transplant. Saifi said I have just lost some native hair, but I feel like the transplant has fallen apart. He said he could bring it up to good density with 800 grafts, but I'm worried that if the first transplant has lost strength, then the next one will also fall apart.

6 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Yeah Killian is a sales rep for him, marketing and sales is a big part of the HT industry as you know yourself.

Yeah, he seemed good to me, and to be fair when I had my transplant it seemed like he did a careful meticulous job along with his technicians. The whole procedure took about 10 hours.

I had 2,040 FUE grafts transplanted to the hairline, temporal points, temporal peaks and mid-scalp. I'm on fin and Regaine.

The transplant actually looked amazing after 6-12 months.

However in the last 2-3 months it looks and feels as if it has thinned and also as if a lot of hairs have fallen out.

Maybe I have lost some native hair, but I personally feel like I've lost a lot of transplanted hair tbh.

I documented my HT journey here, you'll find it if you look.

As it stands I've not lost all my transplanted hair (yet). When my hair is styled a certain way it still looks like I have a fairly full head of hair. But I'm now extremely limited with styles and if you whip my hair this way or that way you can see very obvious signs of balding and a weak transplant. Saifi said I have just lost some native hair, but I feel like the transplant has fallen apart. He said he could bring it up to good density with 800 grafts, but I'm worried that if the first transplant has lost strength, then the next one will also fall apart.

Gotcha. 

Well yeah it may be DUPA-caused thinning or some unusual telogen effluvium, or delayed shockloss. Really hard to say what it could be exactly... 

Are on Finasteride/Dutasteride ? 

If you want some advice, first make sure that your scalp is fine, many pathologies are not evident to the naked eye nor the surgeon can notice them before, during or after the procedure, in addition there are autoimmune diseases that do not make the follicles live.  That you have lost your transplanted hair, after only 6/8 months, is not a normal thing at all.  If it had been the fault of the wrong procedure by the surgeon, I don't think you would have had a great result after 8 months, I think there would have been little regrowth right away.  This is what I think, because I have tried it on my skin.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ITA said:

If you want some advice, first make sure that your scalp is fine, many pathologies are not evident to the naked eye nor the surgeon can notice them before, during or after the procedure, in addition there are autoimmune diseases that do not make the follicles live.  That you have lost your transplanted hair, after only 6/8 months, is not a normal thing at all.  If it had been the fault of the wrong procedure by the surgeon, I don't think you would have had a great result after 8 months, I think there would have been little regrowth right away.  This is what I think, because I have tried it on my skin.

This 👍🏽

57 minutes ago, THE TRUTH said:

Gotcha. 

Well yeah it may be DUPA-caused thinning or some unusual telogen effluvium, or delayed shockloss. Really hard to say what it could be exactly... 

What is DUPA caused thinning bro? I've been on fin for 2 years now, and Regaine for 18 months.

53 minutes ago, ITA said:

I get sebhorric dermatitis psoriasis on my face and scalp from time to time. It can come and go. Sometimes it's very mild, often its not there at all, every once in a while it flares up.

I think Dr Saifi knew about this when we did the transplant.

On the day of surgery my scalp was fairly clean.

8-12 months after surgery it seemed to be fully developed and very satisfying.

Now 19 months out from surgery it is not so satisfying.

I researched DUPA thinning there. I don't appear to have thinning on the sides and back of my scalp.

In fact sides and back seem rock solid, even after the 2,040 FUE extractions you wouldn't notice there was any hairs extracted, even if the hair is buzzed to a #0.5 or a #1 at the sides and back.

I've been going to HRBR in Dublin to monitor my hair loss for 12 years now, and they told me on my last visit 2 and a half years ago that I'd be a good candidate for surgery because of my dense donor supply.

Coincidentally I'm actually going there for an appointment tomorrow. They wrote to me a few weeks ago inviting me to pop in for free to check my hair loss progress, they don't even know I've had a transplant.

Also I had temporal peaks transplanted with Saifi, those peaks at the sides are not thinning out, its just the hair on top, seemingly around my hairline and near the transplanted zones, they're the only bits that seem to be going downhill.

23 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

Coincidentally I'm actually going there for an appointment tomorrow.

Ask if they can also do a scalp biopsy, which is not limited to just checking it with the dermatoscope, even if the latest generation 3D.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I would contact Dr. Saifi, he seems to be an ethical doctor. If you need a touch-up he may do it for free. It’s always a good idea to keep your surgeon in the loop. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

46 minutes ago, ITA said:

Ask if they can also do a scalp biopsy, which is not limited to just checking it with the dermatoscope, even if the latest generation 3D.

I will do that, thanks for the advice.

The touch-up,  if it did not grow back immediately, but what does it do if after 8 months it will thin out again?  Will he make another one?  He must first make sure of the health of his scalp, it is not enough not to have inflammation or psoriasis or dermatitis or anything else only on the day of the procedure

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 3:09 PM, THE TRUTH said:

Gotcha. 

I doubt dupa thinning is that fast, depends how aggressive it was before ht