2022 FUT with Dr Jerry Wong in Vancouver BC

I was wondering the same too. Did they resect the scar from the first procedure?

Edited by mavigo

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

On 1/8/2023 at 4:40 AM, tressful11 said:

@UtahHair great progress. Can you share a picture of the FUT Scar? what does it look like?

Dr Wong did say he was taking out the old FUT scar and the new scar is much smaller and less noticeable. Here are some photos of the new FUT scar and measurements where it is the thickest and thinnest.

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.40.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.41.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.40.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.41.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 1.42.30 PM.png

• Thanks 1

I think removing and replacing previous scars is common practice. I've been told you don't want to "stack" multiple sets of FUT scars as it can effect how the hair looks in the back and make the hair grow awkwardly. 

Did it feel any different than your first FUT scar, e.g. does it feel more taught? more discomfort? etc. 

Thanks!

Your results look great!

FUE 2400 Grafts (2023) - Dr. Panine; Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic

FUT 1400 Grafts (2019) - Dr. Steven Paul Holt; Holt Hair Restoration/Bella

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, JoDimaggio22 said:

Wow thanks for adding wet hair. More people should do that. You did direct light with wet hair which is the absolute worst it could ever look and it looks great! Congrats 

Thanks, you are right, not the most flattering with the wet hair but allows a good look down to the scalp and follicles.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Of course the density and pattern isn't like it was when I was a teenager, but I am very happy to have enough hair up top to not feel so self-conscious and look in a mirror and feel good about how it looks. Dr Wong said this was the last FUT (I've had two total) I'll be able to do because of laxity, so if I ever want more hair (like in the crown area which is thinning still) I'll consider FUE in the future. Or when we can clone hair follicles and have a never ending supply I'll look forward to utilizing that. For now though, I'm happy with what I've had done and these latest results and dont feel the need to start planning on any future procedures. If you want to see how the scar looks when I actually do my hair go back to the month 7 or 8 update. Below are scar pictures from this morning. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.46.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.46.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 9.47.04 AM.png

• Like 1

@UtahHair how are you feeling about the size of the scar? Is it bigger/smaller than your previous one? How short can you wear you hair and it's not noticeable? 

I also recently got a FUT procedure from Dr. Wong so just wondering what to expect. Your scar is bigger than I would have expected tbh

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MaximusEastwood said:

@UtahHair how are you feeling about the size of the scar? Is it bigger/smaller than your previous one? How short can you wear you hair and it's not noticeable? 

I also recently got a FUT procedure from Dr. Wong so just wondering what to expect. Your scar is bigger than I would have expected tbh

I’m happy with the scar. FUT procedures leave a scar like that. It is smaller and cleaner than the one I got from the guy in Florida. I can have it down to a 5 and it not be noticeable. To avoid posting the same stuff over and over, go back to my January Post and I have a ruler right on the scarring for you to see. Maybe you can plan on a FUE procedure to place some hair in the scar

14 hours ago, UtahHair said:

I’m happy with the scar. FUT procedures leave a scar like that. It is smaller and cleaner than the one I got from the guy in Florida. I can have it down to a 5 and it not be noticeable. To avoid posting the same stuff over and over, go back to my January Post and I have a ruler right on the scarring for you to see. Maybe you can plan on a FUE procedure to place some hair in the scar

Did Dr wong bring up potentially fue filling in the scar or never a question?

Edited by HairEnthusiast101
  • Thanks 1