Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

1 hour ago, Dragonsphere said:

Do you have a link?

I wonder how long after the injection the second pic was?

i don't have a link but he updates regularly in the verteporfin telegram group , you can dm me for the link

On 2/17/2024 at 2:30 AM, Imotski said:

Frustrating to hear that, because If HT surgeons don't do trials, nobody will do it. It's not a new oral drug. Totally different situation. 

Just wait for Dr Bloxham's 12 month results, we should know if verteporfin works by then. If he shows the pics of a shaved donor then other clinics will start looking into it.

Edited by bigmistake

Am curious how this might factor into repairs. Often people need hairs moved from the hairline and with FUE there is always the risk of scarring, but it appears verteporfin might prevent that scarring from happening. Or in this scenario, where a transplanted hair is being moved again, would the verteporfin actually regenerate another hair follicle in the place where the transplanted hair follicle was moved from in the front of the head?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bbb said:

Am curious how this might factor into repairs. Often people need hairs moved from the hairline and with FUE there is always the risk of scarring, but it appears verteporfin might prevent that scarring from happening. Or in this scenario, where a transplanted hair is being moved again, would the verteporfin actually regenerate another hair follicle in the place where the transplanted hair follicle was moved from in the front of the head?

Hairline skin heals better than back of the head, there are many cases with close to invisible scarring after hairline extraction. With verteporfin it should heal even better.

But it should be tested. Unfortunately no one is trying, I am really surprised to see that only 2 trials have been conducted in 3 years and only  Barghouthi and Bloxham tried it so far. I am really thankful to Doctor Barghouthi for starting this and planning a new trial, but it takes inadequately long. Almost two year passed since the first trial and it was delayed like 10 times.

• Like 1

@DrTBarghouthi is there anyway we can help you to speed up the process ?

It seems you have Verteporfin and all the necessary equipment. Maybe we should try to help you to find a patient or anything else ?

I apologize, if my previous post sounded a bit critical.

His last excuse was because he was having equipment being delivered and that was at least 3 months ago. My guess is there’s something big behind the scenes he can’t talk about. Hopefully he’s getting ready to partner up with a big company and be able to use verteporfin way more often. He’ll be the first in the industry and every clinic he opens up will be PACKED. Or…. He’s just busy, I guess we’ll see which one it is lol

19 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

His last excuse was because he was having equipment being delivered and that was at least 3 months ago. My guess is there’s something big behind the scenes he can’t talk about. Hopefully he’s getting ready to partner up with a big company and be able to use verteporfin way more often. He’ll be the first in the industry and every clinic he opens up will be PACKED. Or…. He’s just busy, I guess we’ll see which one it is lol

These are just speculations without any proof. Let's be more respectful.

Of course he's somewhat guilty for so many delays, but after all he doesn't owe us a thing and he is willing to help. Otherwise he will just drop the thread.

But I would like more transparency around this topic. To know the reasoning of delays, possible date of trial, issues the doctor is facing. After all this is a big community and we can be helpful.

26 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

These are just speculations without any proof. Let's be more respectful.

Of course he's somewhat guilty for so many delays, but after all he doesn't owe us a thing and he is willing to help. Otherwise he will just drop the thread.

But I would like more transparency around this topic. To know the reasoning of delays, possible date of trial, issues the doctor is facing. After all this is a big community and we can be helpful.

While I don't fully agree that he doesn't of us, at least morally. Many people put their decisions on hold waiting for the promised trial results and also there was $15K fundraising, although most of it was raised by a single person.

But I agree that we must be respectful and he deserves that. There are only two docs who tried it, and only Dr. Barghouthi announced new trials. Hope he will do it soon and all this tension will fade away together with FUE scars :D

1 hour ago, sansi said:

While I don't fully agree that he doesn't of us, at least morally. Many people put their decisions on hold waiting for the promised trial results and also there was $15K fundraising, although most of it was raised by a single person.

But I agree that we must be respectful and he deserves that. There are only two docs who tried it, and only Dr. Barghouthi announced new trials. Hope he will do it soon and all this tension will fade away together with FUE scars :D

The lack of docs willing to participate in trials regarding verteporfin is leading to desperation in this thread. There is a process taking place in which we look like a cult. Understandable but not really helpful. Asking critical questions should be encouraged, not discouraged in fear of hurting somebodies feelings. This is, in fact, science and not religion.

The pioneering work of dr. Barghouthi is great. We can only hope that he expands on it with more trials. Will that happen? I hope so, but there must be something going on we don't know. If you, as a doctor, seen the results you have delivered with a novel treatment that you pioneered, wouldn't you continue with more work as soon as possible? 

20 minutes ago, Square1 said:

The lack of docs willing to participate in trials regarding verteporfin is leading to desperation in this thread. There is a process taking place in which we look like a cult. Understandable but not really helpful. Asking critical questions should be encouraged, not discouraged in fear of hurting somebodies feelings. This is, in fact, science and not religion.

The pioneering work of dr. Barghouthi is great. We can only hope that he expands on it with more trials. Will that happen? I hope so, but there must be something going on we don't know. If you, as a doctor, seen the results you have delivered with a novel treatment that you pioneered, wouldn't you continue with more work as soon as possible? 

Agree, asking critical questions and having transparency is great but not blaming without proof.
I think delays are due to lack of organizational skills and tiredness from verteporfin.  Also Jordan is a small country and  I would imagine it's difficult to find a good trial volunteer. It seems he's got everything else.

5 minutes ago, sansi said:

Agree, asking critical questions and having transparency is great but not blaming without proof.
I think delays are due to lack of organizational skills and tiredness from verteporfin.  Also Jordan is a small country and  I would imagine it's difficult to find a good trial volunteer. It seems he's got everything else.

The post you refer to, was just Jonathan theorizing about what could be going on. Not even implying bad faith or any wrongdoing from the doc. That is just not "blaming without proof".

Jordan has more than 11M inhabitants and dr. Barghouthi has an international reputation. I doubt that the lack of a suitable volunteer is a real issue.

2 hours ago, Nikoni said:

Hairchemist did a verteporfin trial. It seems he used very high dose.
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgkxPWt1ZGLKViOFgk0-9LkTQ0MKoQ0oCQGA

Good news!

Hope they are keeping statistics on extracted and remaining follicles per cm2 and will assess them periodically with a trichoscan, but I guess they don't. Despite this, this is a great development of course.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nikoni said:

What do you think of dose ? Isn't it too much ?

Yeah, I think its too high but I'm sure he has a reason for it. Let's wait and see what he says.

1 hour ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

@Killianwill you share the progress on your youtube channel? would be nice if you could link the youtube channel with the progress in this thread. thank you

Hey, wow haven't been here in a long time.

Yeah on my YouTube community tab. Been taking photos daily to track the difference in wound healing. I've been taking donor photos and notes from every surgery since 2015, but I'm used to how the donor recovers in FUT & FUE. I might write a few pieces with supplementing photos on the differences noted, I'll see, could be interesting.

Atm I'm just taking it easy in Poland. 

salute

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Killian said:

Hey, wow haven't been here in a long time.

Yeah on my YouTube community tab. Been taking photos daily to track the difference in wound healing. I've been taking donor photos and notes from every surgery since 2015, but I'm used to how the donor recovers in FUT & FUE. I might write a few pieces with supplementing photos on the differences noted, I'll see, could be interesting.

Atm I'm just taking it easy in Poland. 

salute

Thank you for doing this man – it means the world to all of us.

Just now, Fox243 said:

Thank you for doing this man – it means the world to all of us.

It's certainly fascinating stuff. I've just entered the proliferative phase (we target hemostasis with Visudyne) but I am more keen to see the outcome in the remodeling phase. The effect on fibroblasts, ECM etc. shall yield any discernable characteristics by month 4-5. 

Logging off,

Take care. 

• Like 3

Been waiting so long for this and now realize I may be waiting several more years lol. So just started oral minox (1.25mg 2x/day) to see if it helps out.

I’ve used it before and it thickened things up a lot, but stopped because I was like “I’ll just get regenerating grafts in a year” lol