Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

2 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

It just seems redundant if we can regenerate hairs resistant to MPB. 

I would do it on an area of my beard, possibly the neck area in the corner and extract a small area completely. If hair regrew back in that area we could say with 100% certainty that Verteporfin works. Those grafts would then be planted into the area around my cheeks (the density in this region is poor). They could be extracted out a year later and we could see if they regenerate.  

Such an experiment would be extremely valuable. Fantastic that you are thinking in such a way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Square1 said:

I do not see how you can be against any form of testing. Provided that an experiment is not done instead of a more fitting experiment. 

If it would be the case that microneedling + verteporfin does revive DHT-affected follicles, it completely depens on how quick they disappear again for how feasible it is. I know some guys that were nw7 at 18, so if you would revive their follicles, it would probably be a yearly occurrence to re-microneedle the area because their hair miniturizes so quickly. 

However, if your baldness started after 25, you're probably fine with needling once a decade or so. That's perfectly doable. 

So if somebody decides to test such an idea, I will thank them in the name of science :)

I think an fue extraction on the balding area might be better to start with, as it's possible microneedling might not create enough of a wound 

If we already know fue extracted hairs regrow than doing fue extraction of minutizered follicle areas makes sense as a next step 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

I would do it on an area of my beard, possibly the neck area in the corner and extract a small area completely. If hair regrew back in that area we could say with 100% certainty that Verteporfin works. Those grafts would then be planted into the area around my cheeks (the density in this region is poor). They could be extracted out a year later and we could see if they regenerate.  

The benefit would be recovery I imagine as just extracting from the areas and injecting vert would be less of a recovery, disruption to life

Like square said if someone went balding in their mid thirties and after the new hairs might last a good decade. 

Like botox VS a face-lift 

• Like 1

Also ironically this might mean that the only useful thing out of the hairclone project is, the banking of follicles as someone else pointed out donor areas thin, so if vert regenerates donor hair you could also bank young follicles for later use

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dragonsphere said:

Also would mean you could use beard transplants for ht, as someone who thought about a beard transplant before losing my hair this would be top

I still think it would be important to leave some of the follicle in during extraction as we don't know if the memory of the transplant would be there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Also would mean you could use beard transplants for ht, as someone who thought about a beard transplant before losing my hair this would be top

A beard transplant would be a perfect proof that it's working and it could be done on multiple people simultaneously creating a randomized clinical trial and less verteporfin useage than a full fue

• Like 1

On 23/12/2023 at 19:46, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Se la prima prova a fuoco funzionasse, convincere il dottor Zarev a provarla sarebbe monumentale poiché il suo metodo combinato con il vert potrebbe significare un cambiamento nella densità del gioco.

Inoltre, se qualcuno di noi che ha contatti potesse esaminare i nanogel di acido polilattico modificati con acido ialuronico e caricati con verteporfina

Doctor Zarev is the last doctor who is interested in using Vetrophilin, he has developed an extraction system that allows him to do without it.
Indeed, if Vetrolina worked, who would spend 80,000 euros to undergo an HT when with lower costs one could achieve the results of Zarev himself, if not superior?

6 hours ago, hair_forever said:

Doctor Zarev is the last doctor who is interested in using Vetrophilin, he has developed an extraction system that allows him to do without it.
Indeed, if Vetrolina worked, who would spend 80,000 euros to undergo an HT when with lower costs one could achieve the results of Zarev himself, if not superior?

Vetrolina!! 

4 hours ago, bigmistake said:

tutti i chirurghi che si occupano di trapianto di capelli stanno aspettando i risultati del dottor Bloxhams. Solo se ci saranno risultati positivi nel suo studio, allora altri chirurghi faranno il salto. Immagino che dovremo aspettare ben 12 mesi per il risultato.

Everyone except Zarev... He would only have it to lose.

11 hours ago, hair_forever said:

It would be a win for him too as he could achieve more density especially for patients getting multiple surgeries. 

Honestly his method combined with verteporfin would mean amazing density. Like natural youthful density. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Sarebbe una vittoria anche per lui in quanto potrebbe ottenere una maggiore densità soprattutto per i pazienti sottoposti a più interventi chirurgici. 

Onestamente il suo metodo combinato con la verteporfina significherebbe una densità sorprendente. Come la naturale densità giovanile. 

He is not the only one who grafts at certain densities but he is the only one who extracts the follicular units in this way.
This allows him to have more available and have much higher densities with very high regrowth rates.
It is not necessary for him to have any other office available, but for other surgeons it is.

17 minutes ago, hair_forever said:

He is not the only one who grafts at certain densities but he is the only one who extracts the follicular units in this way.
This allows him to have more available and have much higher densities with very high regrowth rates.
It is not necessary for him to have any other office available, but for other surgeons it is.

There still is a limited supply and often he requests his patients keep their hair short due to depletion in the donor if they are say Norwood 6s.

Verteporfin, ability to regrow hair benefits any ht

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bigmistake said:

all hair transplant surgeons are waiting for Dr Bloxhams results. If there are positive results in his trial only then will other surgeons take the leap. I guess we have to wait a full 12 months for the result.

And Bargouthi's trail will be a huge help as it's possible than verteporfin works much better for fue than it does for fut

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

So they tested Verteporfin on mice, rats, rabbits, and pigs, but did all these trials then kill the trial animals, or have there been any animal trials where Verteporfin-treated animals' life spans have been measured too?

Verteporfin has already been used on humans, for eye surgery. It's fda approved and commonly used

Verteporfin has been pumped around the whole blood system of many humans, but has not been deposited in one small concentrated area repeatedly. it would be good to know what happens to mice wounds that repeatedly get regenerated with Verteporfin at the same spot.

44 minutes ago, TV_on_LazerDisk said:

Verteporfin has already been used on humans, for eye surgery. It's fda approved and commonly used

I emailed all the co-authors of this study, finding that IN MICE, after wounding, YAP is activated on Day 2 and Day 7, asking if it is known what days after wounding in humans YAP is activated...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15366033

One of the study authors, Han Sung, replying, having done no such test on humans, but expecting YAP expression to take place within the first 2-3 days after wounding.

Has anyone heard any discussions about what days after wounding YAP is expressed in humans, and whether keeping Verteporfin around at the cite of the wounds for longer, by for instance, the use of slow release nanoparticles, or a slow release hydrogel dressing, would be beneficial or not for improved regeneration in FUE extraction sites, as has been seen in animal studies?

If you were designing a slow release delivery system for Verteporfin, how many days would you keep it around the wound for?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

I emailed all the co-authors of this study, finding that IN MICE, after wounding, YAP is activated on Day 2 and Day 7, asking if it is known what days after wounding in humans YAP is activated...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022202X15366033

One of the study authors, Han Sung, replying, having done no such test on humans, but expecting YAP expression to take place within the first 2-3 days after wounding.

Has anyone heard any discussions about what days after wounding YAP is expressed in humans, and whether keeping Verteporfin around at the cite of the wounds for longer, by for instance, the use of slow release nanoparticles, or a slow release hydrogel dressing, would be beneficial or not for improved regeneration in FUE extraction sites, as has been seen in animal studies?

If you were designing a slow release delivery system for Verteporfin, how many days would you keep it around the wound for?

It would be interesting to examine but ultimately, the pig study only uses it once and we first need to prove that verteporfin works well for a one time use before thinking about how to optimize it.

• Like 1

• Administrators
46 minutes ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Verteporfin has been pumped around the whole blood system of many humans, but has not been deposited in one small concentrated area repeatedly. it would be good to know what happens to mice wounds that repeatedly get regenerated with Verteporfin at the same spot.

@DrTBarghouthi already used it on humans. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 hours ago, Hair Tomorrow said:

Yes, but not repeatedly on the same patch of skin, right?

No, he used it a single time, it hasn't been tested more than once on the same area as of yet, not even by the animal researchers as far as I'm aware