Who Are the Best Norwood 7 Doctors?

• Administrators

What Dr. Sethi did with you, not many would do. There’s a difference between Norwood 7 and a case like yours, which requires extreme dedication and measures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It seems to be Dr. Sethi based on the cases 

My question is, 

What makes a “Norwood 7” doctor? All surgeons are dealing with the same donor area in a single patient, how is it that one doctor is able to restore more then the next guy? Trying to make sense of it

Back in the day, Dr. Umar and Hasson & Wong were probably considered the best in the world for Norwood 7. 

Today Zarev followed by Sethi.

Pitella is also close. 

Zarev is probably the best (at least based on available results...) 

5 minutes ago, NEVER GET TRANSPLANT said:

Back in the day, Dr. Umar and Hasson & Wong were probably considered the best in the world for Norwood 7. 

Today Zarev followed by Sethi.

Pitella is also close. 

Zarev is probably the best (at least based on available results...) 

the thing with Zarev is that I see one case review online. I think Zarev, Hattingen, Sethi, Pitella, Hasson Wong  are great for mega sessions but I agree with @MachoVatothat with sufficient donor, most excellent surgeons can get it done in 2-3 sessions, like Ferreira, Pinto etc. Only thing Eugenix does that the others don't is that they incoperate beard hair a lot, question is why others dont. They should be definetely capable of doing so.

Edited by davidn
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

What Dr. Sethi did with you, not many would do. There’s a difference between Norwood 7 and a case like yours, which requires extreme dedication and measures.

I concur. Dr Sethi spent 6 days operating on Gatsby for 1 operation. That is unheard of!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

Thank you very much everyone for your honorable 

28 minutes ago, davidn said:

the thing with Zarev is that I see one case review online. I think Zarev, Hattingen, Sethi, Pitella, Hasson Wong  are great for mega sessions but I agree with @MachoVatothat with sufficient donor, most excellent surgeons can get it done in 2-3 sessions, like Ferreira, Pinto etc. Only thing Eugenix does that the others don't is that they incoperate beard hair a lot, question is why others dont. They should be definetely capable of doing so.

Ferreira a pad wan lol I want  a master lol 

Edited by sukh123

12 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Ferreira a pad wan lol I want  a master lol 

I think his results are amazing, he is doing hair transplants for over 10 years, every surgeon has to learn from another surgeon, Bisanga learned from Cole, is Bisanga a pad wan too? Of course not. Also he is at a point in his career where he cares about reputation unlike Lorenzo/Erdogan who became mills.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, davidn said:

I think his results are amazing, he is doing hair transplants for over 10 years, every surgeon has to learn from another surgeon, Bisanga learned from Cole, is Bisanga a pad wan too? Of course not. Also he is at a point in his career where he cares about reputation unlike Lorenzo/Erdogan who became mills.

Yeh I’m only messing , he looks like a meticulous guy who wants to do his best ,  but atm I still don’t think he’s established enough or have I seen enough patient reviews to say yeh I’m defo going  to go for him. He obviously a good surgeon , but when going for a transplant you want the highest degree of potential certainty and I don’t think he met that threshold yet . That not to say he won’t because he’s is obviously very talented. 

• Like 1

It’s all about risk tolerance and cost-benefit. Each doctor has pros and cons. 

Even as a Norwood 7, you have to contemplate options based on what you’ve got and what you’re willing to give up. Are you fine starting with Strip to max out grafts? Are you willing to do a lifetime of finestiride or risk forgoing the drug? Do you have a beard and body hair and how much are you willing to part with? Do you want a doctor with few cases but stunning 10/10 results or a doctor that has way more patient testimony (including both great and not so great)? Are you a repair patient or young? What is your budget? Are you willing to break up your surgery into 3+ surgeries or do you want a one and done….

All questions to ask. No one best doctor, but based on how you answer the above, I think there are doctors that will suite an individual’s needs better. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Z-- said:

It’s all about risk tolerance and cost-benefit. Each doctor has pros and cons. 

Even as a Norwood 7, you have to contemplate options based on what you’ve got and what you’re willing to give up. Are you fine starting with Strip to max out grafts? Are you willing to do a lifetime of finestiride or risk forgoing the drug? Do you have a beard and body hair and how much are you willing to part with? Do you want a doctor with few cases but stunning 10/10 results or a doctor that has way more patient testimony (including both great and not so great)? Are you a repair patient or young? What is your budget? Are you willing to break up your surgery into 3+ surgeries or do you want a one and done….

All questions to ask. No one best doctor, but based on how you answer the above, I think there are doctors that will suite an individual’s needs better. 

I completely agree with that. 

Also FUE megasessions on high Norwoods are always a gamble and a big risk you have to accept before moving forward. 

Now guys like Sethi, Zarev, Pitella seem to have mastered the graft survival variable in megasessions but still you never know.

As great as they are, I am sure all these guys have had failures and cases of poor growth during their career. Every top doctor has unfortunately. Sad but true. 

You can get a fantastic results but in the worst case scenario you could also lose most of your donor capacity  forever...

That's why it makes sense to start with a strip with a legit "strip master". Someone like Hattingen, Konior, Hasson. If it fails then you could still take another strip or switch to FUE. Of course you're screwed because of the scar  but your donor capacity is still relatively preserved. 

Breaking up your surgery into 3-4 with one of the best FUE spanish/portugese surgeons is also an option to consider if you're Nw 6-7. 

• Like 1