Dr Bruno Pinto / Dr Juan Couto

Hi everyone, 

just wanted to get some feelers out there to see if anyone has been to either of these doctors before for a hair transplant.

i have had a consultation with both doctors and im torn between the decision on who to go to.

my main pointers here are the duration and attention to detail from the surgery.

Dr Couto: I have met with Dr couto and he has said the surgery will take 2-3 days for around 2500 grafts. has anyone had any experience with this length of surgery and how did you cope with this?

both have great results on their socials however im stuck for choice at this point.

i am leaning a little towards Dr Pinto however if anyone who has had experience with either or doctor please let me know so i can finally lock in my lengthy decision.

thank you.

Just now, Buck Naked said:

2-3 days for 2,500 grafts sounds like a lot of time. Why would it take to long?

He said he only plants 1000 grafts a day to give the patient a rest and also he operates on 2+ per day (with a team of course)

5 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

He said he only plants 1000 grafts a day to give the patient a rest and also he operates on 2+ per day (with a team of course)

Interesting. I have heard that cortisol levels increase for long operations. I've noticed most ethical/good surgeons perform like 2,000 to 2,500 grafts max FUE on a single day. One of the surgeons I consulted with told me he stopped doing higher graft cases in a single day because a patient had a seizure (this was done by another surgeon and he thought higher cortisol levels contributed to the seizure). This is why I'm so leery of a lot of Turkish clinics that do mega-sessions in one sitting.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6587638/#:~:text=However%2C cortisol levels increase in,secretion markedly increases after surgery.&text=Surgery and trauma can also affect the circadian rhythm of cortisol.

23 minutes ago, Buck Naked said:

couto gently sings to the grafts and tucks them in at night so they grow big and strong

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

43 minutes ago, Buck Naked said:

Interesting. I have heard that cortisol levels increase for long operations. I've noticed most ethical/good surgeons perform like 2,000 to 2,500 grafts max FUE on a single day. One of the surgeons I consulted with told me he stopped doing higher graft cases in a single day because a patient had a seizure (this was done by another surgeon and he thought higher cortisol levels contributed to the seizure). This is why I'm so leery of a lot of Turkish clinics that do mega-sessions in one sitting.  

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6587638/#:~:text=However%2C cortisol levels increase in,secretion markedly increases after surgery.&text=Surgery and trauma can also affect the circadian rhythm of cortisol.

I totally understood why he would do this. I was wondering if the patient would be a little exhausted from more than 2 days of being operated on however I’ve not come across anyone with this experience before

On 7/13/2022 at 4:20 AM, Calihome1 said:

Yep, but, good luck getting on their schedule

Yeah true, even after the consult with Juan Couto it’s a 2 year waiting list from consultation from what he told me

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, Buck Naked said:

He's more than 60 years old, and now he performs 2 patients a day with the help of his team.

That's the reason why doctors who operate only 1 patient a day and are involved in the entire surgery, are so valued and desired.

13 hours ago, LatinBald said:

He's more than 60 years old, and now he performs 2 patients a day with the help of his team.

That's the reason why doctors who operate only 1 patient a day and are involved in the entire surgery, are so valued and desired.

Cuoto is more than 60? 

On 10/23/2022 at 11:55 PM, LatinBald said:

Your message makes sense, especially to keep Couto away from the minds of forum readers.

If you met Couto, ha ha ha, he looks younger than all the other doctors, not only physically, but because of the energy that he has. I don't know if he is 45 or 60, if it is true that he is the doctor with the most years of experience in Spain and the one who knows the most about this, according to the other doctors I met. In addition to the fact that he is in all the details and is a working machine, and he looks to be about 45 years old. Who have operated with him or have seen him in consultation will agree with me.

Couto does sessions of between 1000 and 1500 grafts per patient per day, it is his work philosophy to perfectly control the times and details of the procedure. His work is very meticulous, craftsman and perfectionist, he classifies the units even by thickness, and he takes his time when he does the hairline and temples more than anyone else. As Dr Couto says, HT is a procedure to enjoy it, not to suffer it, and very long sessions are very traumatic according to those who have had them.

I had a procedure of 2000 and it was performed in two afternoons, in the morning they did another patient balder than me and of course with more grafts, so it depends a lot on how they combine the interventions. Generally, the biggest ones do it in the morning when everyone is more rested. Then another team enters in the afternoon, rested for the second intervention but the doctors are the same.

According to Couto, when a person performs the extraction is exhausted to implant after, regardless of age, fatigue and tiredness after 2, 3 or 4 hours of extraction is a human thing. He usually plans and starts the extraction to recognize possible difficulties and then continues the other, who has been rigorously trained by him and has been working in the clinic for more than 6 years. While the grafts are harvested, Couto makes revisions and assessments, to later implant once the extraction is finished, everything is very well coordinated.

By the way, I think Couto is currently the most requested doctor in the world, despite not performing the extractions.

I invite you to give me examples of cases of those doctors that you say extract and implant all the grafts, that improve or equal the results i have seen from Juan Couto.

1 hour ago, RMancini said:

Your message makes sense, especially to keep Couto away from the minds of forum readers.

If you met Couto, ha ha ha, he looks younger than all the other doctors, not only physically, but because of the energy that he has. I don't know if he is 45 or 60, if it is true that he is the doctor with the most years of experience in Spain and the one who knows the most about this, according to the other doctors I met. In addition to the fact that he is in all the details and is a working machine, and he looks to be about 45 years old. Who have operated with him or have seen him in consultation will agree with me.

Couto does sessions of between 1000 and 1500 grafts per patient per day, it is his work philosophy to perfectly control the times and details of the procedure. His work is very meticulous, craftsman and perfectionist, he classifies the units even by thickness, and he takes his time when he does the hairline and temples more than anyone else. As Dr Couto says, HT is a procedure to enjoy it, not to suffer it, and very long sessions are very traumatic according to those who have had them.

I had a procedure of 2000 and it was performed in two afternoons, in the morning they did another patient balder than me and of course with more grafts, so it depends a lot on how they combine the interventions. Generally, the biggest ones do it in the morning when everyone is more rested. Then another team enters in the afternoon, rested for the second intervention but the doctors are the same.

According to Couto, when a person performs the extraction is exhausted to implant after, regardless of age, fatigue and tiredness after 2, 3 or 4 hours of extraction is a human thing. He usually plans and starts the extraction to recognize possible difficulties and then continues the other, who has been rigorously trained by him and has been working in the clinic for more than 6 years. While the grafts are harvested, Couto makes revisions and assessments, to later implant once the extraction is finished, everything is very well coordinated.

By the way, I think Couto is currently the most requested doctor in the world, despite not performing the extractions.

I invite you to give me examples of cases of those doctors that you say extract and implant all the grafts, that improve or equal the results i have seen from Juan Couto.

All that you have written wasn't necessary. Couto is and has always been my first choice, and I know his work for almost a decade when he performed 1 patient a day. His results speak for themselves. I don't think it's necessary to argue about that.

Edited by LatinBald

1 hour ago, RMancini said:

Ok, we get it, you like Couto.