Need advice for hair transplant

Tybwl5

I'm looking at getting a hair transplant in turkey, I need some help and on what doctors I should go with. My hairline is horrible. I've researched Bogoto in Columbia, smile hair clinic, natural hair clinic, Dr serkan aygin, Dr ziya yavuz. I'm not sure who to go with, if anyone has ideas let me know, thank you

20220705_222045.jpg

20220705_222215.jpg

• Administrators

You have hair mills and one good doctor. Affordable doctors are Dr. Bicer, Dr. Turan, and Dr. Camacho. Stay away from hair mills with no doctor involvement.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I contacted Dr bicer and she said over 10,000 and I need two sessions. I haven't heard back from the other two but anybody else you would recommend for a decent price? Any help would be really appreciated!

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Tybwl5 said:

I contacted Dr bicer and she said over 10,000 and I need two sessions. I haven't heard back from the other two but anybody else you would recommend for a decent price? Any help would be really appreciated!

If you can’t afford decent surgeons save up, or don’t get surgery. Looking for doctors based on cheap cost is a sure way to get botched. Doing nothing is never a bad choice. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yeah I definitely don't want a botched one. I also don't want to do more then one session though. I also heard good things about Dr Ilker Apaydin, is he any good?

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, Tybwl5 said:

Yeah I definitely don't want a botched one. I also don't want to do more then one session though. I also heard good things about Dr Ilker Apaydin, is he any good?

I totally understand the fact you are looking for cheaper options. We all try to save money and that's completely fair and normal. 

But in hair transplants you have to understand that the cheaper you go the greater the chances of disaster....

And in this game disasters are irreversible especially if they destroy your donor area while you already have significant baldness. 

The grafts in your donor area are limited. You have to try to get it right from the first time... 

That said, even top surgeons like Ferreira, Hasson & Wong, Mwamba have bad results. Even Couto and Freitas have some average results although very few of course. 

Browse through the forum and you will see. Hair transplants are a gamble. All you can do is minimize as much as possible the risk of failure and maximize chances of sucess by diligently doing your research and chosing a great surgeon. 

Ilker Apaydin is not the worst clinic in Turkey but his "best results"  are average at best, he outsources almost all the work to young technicians with highly questionable training and there were some really bad results published on this forum from Apaydin... Jambopilgrim is one of them...There was another one too.  Trust me, you don't wanna become one of those guys. 

My honest advice is stay away Apaydin. He is zero and doesn't care about you. He will just leave to his techs and they'll most likely botch you. Then you'll have to go to an expensive surgeon for a repair and that'll end up costing you 10 000-12 000 $...... 

Forget about Apaydin. 

Same for Serkan. He's probably somewhat better but still Serkan is a lottery. Read my posts about hairmills. Okay I agree that Serkan has some fantastic results on belicapelli (that are cherry picked by Bola the moderator who has an affiliation with Serkan) and also on some french youtubers who got paid to document their journey at Serkan's clinic and hence were given the very best team of nurses.

Brett Maverick also went to Serkan but in my opinion that is a risky bet. 

Serkan  had some botched jobs and destroyed donors in the past although I gotta say he has improved a lot during the last 3-5 years.  But hey Serky does 20 patients per day and he doesn't give a s*** about your case. He just shakes your hand and draws your hairline. Some of his teams of technicians are great whereas others are crap. It's russian roulette. Literally. Why risk it ? 

Same for Smilehair and ziya yavuz. All Hairmills although not the worst.  

Don't be fooled by the SmileHair doctors. Mehmet Erdogan, Ahmedov etc...I know they look cool, their english is great but this is all marketing. The reality is their clinic is a hairmill. Again, certainly not the worst but you never know what kind of results you'll get and who will operate on you. Could just be a tech performing his very first surgery...

Now of course there is this thing that "sometimes hairmills hit homeruns". 

Sure that happens too. I agree. 

If you are lucky, if you get the right team of nurses, if you have great donor charactetistics IF IF IF (probably around 10 out of 100 cases)  you could potentially get a fantastic result for just 3000$. Yes it does happen sometimes with Cinik, Cosmedica, Serkan, Hair of Istanbul.. 

But what happens if you get botched ? Your donor supply gets destroyed forever while the grafts on the recipient area do not grow back at all ?....What you gonna do ? 

And if you "just shave it bruh" your donor area will have thousands of white little scars showing you had FUE...

Think about it twice. 

Stay away from Aypaydin. He is crap. 

Try to save up for a decent surgeon. 

Bicer, FUECAPILAR and Demirsoy are the only decent options in Turkey. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Your shill from the mill said:
On 7/6/2022 at 7:53 PM, Tybwl5 said:

I totally understand the fact you are looking for cheaper options. We all try to save money and that's completely fair and normal. 

But in hair transplants you have to understand that the cheaper you go the greater the chances of disaster....

And in this game disasters are irreversible especially if they destroy your donor area while you already have significant baldness. 

The grafts in your donor area are limited. You have to try to get it right from the first time... 

That said, even top surgeons like Ferreira, Hasson & Wong, Mwamba have bad results. Even Couto and Freitas have some average results although very few of course. 

Browse through the forum and you will see. Hair transplants are a gamble. All you can do is minimize as much as possible the risk of failure and maximize chances of sucess by diligently doing your research and chosing a great surgeon. 

Ilker Apaydin is not the worst clinic in Turkey but his "best results"  are average at best, he outsources almost all the work to young technicians with highly questionable training and there were some really bad results published on this forum from Apaydin... Jambopilgrim is one of them...There was another one too.  Trust me, you don't wanna become one of those guys. 

My honest advice is stay away Apaydin. He is zero and doesn't care about you. He will just leave to his techs and they'll most likely botch you. Then you'll have to go to an expensive surgeon for a repair and that'll end up costing you 10 000-12 000 $...... 

Forget about Apaydin. 

Same for Serkan. He's probably somewhat better but still Serkan is a lottery. Read my posts about hairmills. Okay I agree that Serkan has some fantastic results on belicapelli (that are cherry picked by Bola the moderator who has an affiliation with Serkan) and also on some french youtubers who got paid to document their journey at Serkan's clinic and hence were given the very best team of nurses.

Serkan  had some botched jobs and destroyed donors in the past although I gotta say he has improved a lot during the last 3-5 years.  But hey Serky does 20 patients per day and he doesn't give a s*** about your case. He just shakes your hand and draws your hairline. Some of his teams of technicians are great whereas others are crap. It's russian roulette. Literally. Why risk it ? 

Don't be fooled by the SmileHair doctors. Mehmet Erdogan, Ahmedov etc...I know they look cool, their english is great but this is all marketing. The reality is their clinic is a hairmill. Again, certainly not the worst but you never know what kind of results you'll get and who will operate on you. Could just be a tech performing his very first surgery...

If you are lucky, if you get the right team of nurses, if you have great donor charactetistics IF IF IF (probably around 10 out of 100 cases)  you could potentially get a fantastic result for just 3000$. Yes it does happen sometimes with Cinik, Cosmedica, Serkan, Hair of Istanbul.. 

But what happens if you get botched ? Your donor supply gets destroyed forever while the grafts on the recipient area do not grow back at all ?....What you gonna do ? 

And if you "just shave it bruh" your donor area will have thousands of white little scars showing you had FUE...

Think about it twice. 

This ^

Edited by Egy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Your shill from the mill said:

Forget about Apaydin. 

Think about it twice. 

Is this your full time job, this is like a blog lol

40 minutes ago, Your shill from the mill said:

Forget about Apaydin. 

Think about it twice. 

Agree 100%. You have only one donor. If you're butchered in Turkey, not only are you depleted (these mills erratically place thousands of grafts without a care of the direction of growth, so the hairlines always look fake and weird in sunlight), but you may end up having scars around the hairline and other spots where the hairs have to be removed and re-implanted. One bad hair transplant can result in 3+ repair sessions (each one $5k+), so don't take that chance, where you spend 3k rather than 10k only to need 20k in repairs down the line, which usually end up looking worse than if you had just done it right the first time.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 9:22 AM, Tybwl5 said:

I'm looking at getting a hair transplant in turkey, I need some help and on what doctors I should go with. My hairline is horrible. I've researched Bogoto in Columbia, smile hair clinic, natural hair clinic, Dr serkan aygin, Dr ziya yavuz. I'm not sure who to go with, if anyone has ideas let me know, thank you

20220705_222045.jpg

20220705_222215.jpg

You are 3A on the Norwood Hamilton scale of baldness. You shall require:

Frontal zone: 2800 to 3000 grafts approximately

Temples: 150 grafts each approximately

For the mid scalp and the crown, you shall require medications. You can try finasteride and observe its effects in your particular case and accordingly decide to continue it. Finasteride helps prolong baldness and will also contribute to the density on your mid scalp and crown.

Be careful on those international trips for surgery.  Make sure your health insurance can be used there just in case you need additional care for some reason.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:16 AM, Botch me baby said:

Forget about Apaydin. 

Think about it twice. 

Thank you so much for your help! It seems like you know alot about it. I contacted bicer and she said it would take two sessions. I'd rather just do it once and try to get the best results possible. I've put my consultation in for FUECAPILAR and Demirsoy but haven't heard back yet. I wouldn't mind staying the USA to have it done but i dont have 15,000 to spend on it. Let me ask you this question. If you were to pick someone hands down which doctor would you choose?

3 hours ago, Tybwl5 said:

Thank you so much for your help! It seems like you know alot about it. I contacted bicer and she said it would take two sessions. I'd rather just do it once and try to get the best results possible. I've put my consultation in for FUECAPILAR and Demirsoy but haven't heard back yet. I wouldn't mind staying the USA to have it done but i dont have 15,000 to spend on it. Let me ask you this question. If you were to pick someone hands down which doctor would you choose?

I wouldn't pick neither US nor lowcost Turkish clinics. 

US surgeons are way too expensive while their results are average. 

On the other hand, Turkey is a gamble. Could be a fantastic result but could be a disaster too. 

I prefer Spain/Portugal/Belgium  

Freitas, Pinto, Ferreira , Couto, Ximena, Bisanga, Mwamba, Feriduni, Zarev, Pitella, Hattingen for FUT, HDC Cyprus, BHR Malaga

In Turkey Bicer,  Fuecapilar, Pekiner and maybe Demirsoy. 

That's it. 

But do your research. All clinics (even the best)  has subpar results so hair transplant is always a lottery no matter who you go to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Botch me baby said:

I wouldn't pick neither US nor lowcost Turkish clinics. 

US surgeons are way too expensive while their results are average. 

On the other hand, Turkey is a gamble. Could be a fantastic result but could be a disaster too. 

I prefer Spain/Portugal/Belgium  

Freitas, Pinto, Ferreira , Couto, Ximena, Bisanga, Mwamba, Feriduni, Zarev, Pitella, Hattingen for FUT, HDC Cyprus, BHR Malaga

In Turkey Bicer,  Fuecapilar, Pekiner and maybe Demirsoy. 

That's it. 

But do your research. All clinics (even the best)  has subpar results so hair transplant is always a lottery no matter who you go to. 

I think hlc and keser are better than the clinics you mentioned for turkey, their best results are all better than the above mentioned esp for hairlines. 

Edited by sukh123

18 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I think hlc and keser are better than the clinics you mentioned for turkey, their best results are all better than the above mentioned esp for hairlines. 

Yeah HLC is good for the most part. They are experienced and results are natural. 

I used to think very highly of them but after seeing Andrei's and bloodhound's case and some issues here and there with Mesiasss4 I think you can probably find much better in Spain/Portugal/Belgium in the same price range. 

Keser is good too. He is really involved and meticulous. The only issue I see with Keser is that he cherry picks his patients and only takes on small Norwoods. Keser hardly ever takes on someone beyond Norwood 3.  But other than that, I agree he does solid work and his results do look natural. 

Now at 3.5€ I believe that Freitas is a superior than Keser. Actually even Ximena & Ferreira are in my opinion superior choices than Keser. 

• Like 1

@Tybwl5

9 hours ago, Tybwl5 said:

I contacted bicer and she said it would take two sessions. I'd rather just do it once and try to get the best results possible

@Tybwl5You will find many Turkish hair mills that will tell you that they will do a single procedure, implanting 4000/5000 even 6000 follicular units in one day.  If that's okay with you, you will find multiple follicular units in your hairline, over-harvested donor area, and perhaps even poor regrowth due to low graft survival rates.  This is because they just want your money, if Dr. Biçer has told you that you need two procedures, most likely it is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've contacted demirsoy, bicer, turan, bogoto hairlines, and they all say to get on finasteride for 6-8 months and then contact them again. Is that another way of them telling me Im not able to get a hair transplant? I also contacted Dr gur and he said he's willing to do 3,000 grafts. Any recommendations on what I should do?

You can insist but that’s a good sign that they are turning you away. If a doctor thinks it’s a bad idea, then it’s something to think about. 

that said, even ethical doctors can disagree. For example, plenty of doctors will claim a patient transplant isn’t worth it unless x, y, z, but a different doctor will say that as long as x is met and expectations are fine, they’ll proceed. 

If you don’t intent to take the drug now tell them. It might change the calculus. If you do, then ask other surgeons who are good. If they say it’s a bad idea, I would wait. 

12 minutes ago, Tybwl5 said:

I've contacted demirsoy, bicer, turan, bogoto hairlines, and they all say to get on finasteride for 6-8 months and then contact them again. Is that another way of them telling me Im not able to get a hair transplant? I also contacted Dr gur and he said he's willing to do 3,000 grafts. Any recommendations on what I should do?

It sounds like they want to reevaluate once they can see how you respond to the finasteride and if your hair loss stabilizes or not before they make a final decision. If they thought you were definitely not suited for a HT, they would've told you that upfront. 

On a side note, you mentioned that you don't want to get two hair transplants - and I want to point out that as a general rule, anyone getting a hair transplant should mentally prepare for needing at least one follow up. Not only is hair loss generally progressive, but in some cases, the hair loss is so advanced that it's simply impossible to get a desirable result in one session alone. So don't let that deter you, and perhaps consider reframing it in your mind so that you can come to terms with that aspect of hair restoration. Chances are you'll need a second one at some point, and it's best to have a solid game plan set up from the start that takes that into account. 

You got a lot of really sound advice in this thread about how to choose a surgeon, not letting cheap prices be a driving force, etc. This forum is a great resource, so I'm glad you found it before you make any big decisions. Best of luck. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

On 7/9/2022 at 6:14 AM, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You are 3A on the Norwood Hamilton scale of baldness. You shall require:

Frontal zone: 2800 to 3000 grafts approximately

Temples: 150 grafts each approximately

For the mid scalp and the crown, you shall require medications. You can try finasteride and observe its effects in your particular case and accordingly decide to continue it. Finasteride helps prolong baldness and will also contribute to the density on your mid scalp and crown.

Do you have any openings and if so what doctor would be doing it?

6 hours ago, pkipling said:

It sounds like they want to reevaluate once they can see how you respond to the finasteride and if your hair loss stabilizes or not before they make a final decision. If they thought you were definitely not suited for a HT, they would've told you that upfront. 

On a side note, you mentioned that you don't want to get two hair transplants - and I want to point out that as a general rule, anyone getting a hair transplant should mentally prepare for needing at least one follow up. Not only is hair loss generally progressive, but in some cases, the hair loss is so advanced that it's simply impossible to get a desirable result in one session alone. So don't let that deter you, and perhaps consider reframing it in your mind so that you can come to terms with that aspect of hair restoration. Chances are you'll need a second one at some point, and it's best to have a solid game plan set up from the start that takes that into account. 

You got a lot of really sound advice in this thread about how to choose a surgeon, not letting cheap prices be a driving force, etc. This forum is a great resource, so I'm glad you found it before you make any big decisions. Best of luck. 

Hey thanks for your input I appreciate it. I wouldn't even mind just focusing on the hairline and a little up front. I have blond hair so it's hard to tell when I cut it short. It doesn't grow out pretty good in the back though if I don't cut it. I just want to make sure I get a doctor who knows what he or she is doing that's for sure.