Payment at Eugenix

For those coming from outside of India, I am curious how you handled payment for Eugenix. I know credit card with an additional fee is an option. I know another option is to do a bank wire in advance.

I'm curious if anyone used an alternate options such as wise card. If so how did it work?

Also if you did use a regular credit card or did a wire transfer any hiccups along the way? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

• Like 2

You can check out my journey for more details but essentially I used Wise to pay 80% of it in advance and then paid the final bit with credit card in person. I'm a Canadian and had no issues at all with either payment, although for Wise I made sure to look up how the system works and actually sent the money a couple weeks in advance. It essentially 'arrived' to Eugenix's finance department a couple days before I arrived.

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• Valued Contributor

I took a Wise card to pay and had issues with it. There's enough stress with having a hair transplant so I think @kirkland's advice is great advice. If I went back again I would pre pay a certain amount and pay the rest off with a credit card. their may be slightly cheaper ways but for me it would give me peace of mind.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bbq111 said:

For those coming from outside of India, I am curious how you handled payment for Eugenix. I know credit card with an additional fee is an option. I know another option is to do a bank wire in advance.

I'm curious if anyone used an alternate options such as wise card. If so how did it work?

Also if you did use a regular credit card or did a wire transfer any hiccups along the way? Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Prior to coming, you can always speak to your bank regarding the formalities. It is advisable to do so. You can also make a bank transfer if you are uncomfortable using a card. Our accounts officials will be there to guide you thoroughly regarding the payment.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding payment at Eugenix i had bad experience. My consultant day before procedure informed me that i have to pay by credit card with extra 3% provision and that i can't pay by wire transfer, because it's too late. At the end after unpleasent discussion, we agreed to terms that Eugenix will bear 2% extra charge and i will pay 1% extra charge. That was last time i had contact with this "Consigliere". 

5 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Regarding payment at Eugenix i had bad experience. My consultant day before procedure informed me that i have to pay by credit card with extra 3% provision and that i can't pay by wire transfer, because it's too late. At the end after unpleasent discussion, we agreed to terms that Eugenix will bear 2% extra charge and i will pay 1% extra charge. That was last time i had contact with this "Consigliere". 

Hey I'm sorry to hear this. I know most of us are obsessed with the details of the hair transplant itself but I was pretty detail oriented about the payments as well. My counselor did tell me about the fees associated with the credit card. I ultimately followed the advice above from @rob7331 and @Gatsbyand paid about 80% via bank transfer (via wise) and the remaining 20% via credit card. This method for me was a balance between the cheapest option and the option that gave me some peace of mind. For example I was worried that if we ended needing less grafts they could easily refund my credit card but sending a wire back to me back might take a bit longer. The reason I chose to use wise for the bank transfer was that they had the best exchange rates by far. Honestly though I did the math a 100 times and even if I had paid for the whole transplant via bank transfer (wise) vs. whole payment via credit card it would have ultimately saved me 200 dollars at most. What you may not realize is that bank transfers also have all sorts of fees just like credit cards do for international transactions. In the end it's not a big difference to me when you are already spending thousands of dollars. I hope that is helpful to future forum members who are considering an international transplant. I also hope that makes you feel slightly better @GeneralNorwood.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, bbq111 said:

Hey I'm sorry to hear this. I know most of us are obsessed with the details of the hair transplant itself but I was pretty detail oriented about the payments as well. My counselor did tell me about the fees associated with the credit card. I ultimately followed the advice above from @rob7331 and @Gatsbyand paid about 80% via bank transfer (via wise) and the remaining 20% via credit card. This method for me was a balance between the cheapest option and the option that gave me some peace of mind. For example I was worried that if we ended needing less grafts they could easily refund my credit card but sending a wire back to me back might take a bit longer. The reason I chose to use wise for the bank transfer was that they had the best exchange rates by far. Honestly though I did the math a 100 times and even if I had paid for the whole transplant via bank transfer (wise) vs. whole payment via credit card it would have ultimately saved me 200 dollars at most. What you may not realize is that bank transfers also have all sorts of fees just like credit cards do for international transactions. In the end it's not a big difference to me when you are already spending thousands of dollars. I hope that is helpful to future forum members who are considering an international transplant. I also hope that makes you feel slightly better @GeneralNorwood.

@bbq111 you have really nailed it on the head. In the bigger picture the fees will be forgotten and do give peace of mind. I was really stressing at the time and it was a stress that in hindsight I would have gladly paid for by paying credit card fees. After all, It's not like I intend on having a hair transplant once a year!

6 hours ago, bbq111 said:

bank transfer (wise) vs. whole payment via credit card it would have ultimately saved me 200 dollars at most.

Wasting 200 dollars for "nothing" is just not the thing that i like to do. They should give better information regarding payment possibilities. 

I think this consultants at Eugenix are the weakest link. I heard some other bad opinions about consultants. They sometimes behave like they are on Paharganj market and want to scam you or something. Sad, but true 🤣

Edited by GeneralNorwood

Eugenix will typically let you pay a portion of the procedure in cash as well. I would recommend asking the clinic how much you can pay in cash when you are there, and then put the rest on a credit card. 

I did that and it worked out great. A credit card is always a best practice considering that you have insurance on anything you purchase, included hair transplant procedures. Don't ever believe you'll need recourse or insurance with Eugenix, but I'd say it a good best practice to have with any service related expense. If you go bank transfer or anything else it's usually a bigger hassle than it's typically worth, and you can't ever dispute anything.

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB

51 minutes ago, MazAB said:

A credit card is always a best practice considering that you have insurance on anything you purchase, included hair transplant procedures.

By insurance you mean chargeback procedure? 

37 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Yes, that is correct

Yeah, but chargeback doesn't work this way, that you can always get the money. Second party can always defend and dispute your claims. I think that forms that patient signs before surgery that you acknowladge risk of surgery and resign from refund are in favor of clinics. 

"To use chargeback, it must be within 120 days of your purchase or payment for the service" - and 4 months after HT is too early to know the final outcome of surgery. " 

Not speaking about Eugenix, but in general.If you had bad surgery in some clinic, chargeback would be problematic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Yeah, but chargeback doesn't work this way, that you can always get the money. Second party can always defend and dispute your claims. I think that forms that patient signs before surgery that you acknowladge risk of surgery and resign from refund are in favor of clinics. 

"To use chargeback, it must be within 120 days of your purchase or payment for the service" - and 4 months after HT is too early to know the final outcome of surgery. " 

Not speaking about Eugenix, but in general.If you had bad surgery in some clinic, chargeback would be problematic.

Good point