3252 Grafts|HLC|June 2022

Vann

47 minutes ago, Transplant ruined my life said:

Any hairs in the scabs bruh ?

Not a whole lot of hairs in the scabs that I noticed. I did take a lot of the scabs during my shower so I am not 100% sure. But when slowly rubbing my scalp the scabs came out on their own without any hairs.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

The bleeding mainly was stuck to my skin. I guess my clotting was good enough that my skin closed? My donor also healed up really fast. The holes are completely closed and the dried blood made it look worse than it was but overall I am hoping that my skin doesnt have too much visibility.

38 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

It looks awesome! But fear the shed... it's coming! 🥸

Awwww man I dont wanna hear that lol. I know its coming but, given that I have some native hairs around the existing area... I am hoping it will cover up some of the empty parts that shed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

Your before photo on the donor looks amazing with the curliness.  Hmm high is ur new hairline?

I dont think I understand this exactly... but if youre asking about my hairline I did not have it lowered at all. My hairline has slightly receded over time but it isnt anything drastic. I only had some connections to add some more density to the ends to meet my temple points and reinforce my density.

But I had 1,000 grafts placed towards the hairline and everything else behind it to the midscalp.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:29 PM, Vann said:

21 day update

i will probably do another update at month 1 then do monthly updates from then on. EE4D924C-ABEC-46B8-9F95-7ACDE18F0134.thumb.jpeg.7dcf4e615943c4a4f11a6b631c870347.jpeg 

9B85F58A-2E30-4203-9AFB-93EA36F9D783.jpeg

93D8343C-885B-4469-A0B4-ECE052D2B16B.jpeg

0987F664-EB7B-418B-8B40-BB4B524F8E52.jpeg

CDDDC01B-8B4E-492D-A8F1-A198FD322983.jpeg

Does your donor area look more depleted after the surgery? Or was that how it looked pre-surgery with short hair.

that’s my biggest fear, having my donor area depleted. Just came from another post of a guy claiming they destroyed his donor. 

Edited by Mars19

12 minutes ago, Mars19 said:

Does your donor area look more depleted after the surgery? Or was that how it looked pre-surgery with short hair.

that’s my biggest fear, having my donor area depleted. Just came from another post of a guy claiming they destroyed his donor. 

Thats a good question and actually I dont know honestly, I think its a combination of being 21 days post op, short hair, and a little bit of how my hair grows.

I think it does look a bit worrisome but then again I wont say anything this early. Ill wait at least the full 6 months and 12 months to be able to fully compare my before/after.

Edited by Vann

4 minutes ago, Vann said:

Thats a good question and actually I dont know honestly, I think its a combination of being 21 days post op, short hair, and a little bit of how my hair grows.

I think it does look a bit worrisome but then again I wont say anything this early. Ill wait at least the full 6 months and 12 months to be able to fully compare my before/after.

My surgery isn’t for another 4 months, so I’ll keep following your progress until then. Thanks for sharing!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mars19 said:

My surgery isn’t for another 4 months, so I’ll keep following your progress until then. Thanks for sharing!!

I am happy to help guide you before your surgery. So hope you learn something or have any questions feel free to ask.

30 day update.

let me know what you guys think it looks. Curious on the subjective opinions of others who are (or have been) in a similar position. It’s hard to gauge where I am at myself since I judge myself very differently then what’s normal. 

D2FDEEE7-3BE7-4059-9617-F05162AB569B.jpeg

0E8A1783-592C-4137-9C89-CCAA1E29E448.jpeg

2CF9DABA-9CFA-4490-AF52-308AD353752F.jpeg

D1140F88-8F15-4A5F-AC4B-CFF8429CFB4F.jpeg

209FDC59-EC3D-4799-ACE9-63F42DFDF663.jpeg

581406A4-4F51-4956-9271-E648A2B77703.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks solid to me at this point! Seems you haven’t shed too bad up this point and looks like you have almost no redness which is great. Only a bit more time can tell on our results but you seem to have recovered excellently.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2022 at 9:16 PM, gxm100 said:

Looks solid to me at this point! Seems you haven’t shed too bad up this point and looks like you have almost no redness which is great. Only a bit more time can tell on our results but you seem to have recovered excellently.

Thanks I’m glad to hear that. I honestly have 0 redness to the naked eye. I can only see redness in photos to be honest. I took a photo under extremely harsh lighting and I see some redness and honestly I would’ve thought I was extremely bald if I looked at myself in that type of lighting. 

as far as shedding I am having a hard time seeing much… but that might be because of my native hair. Which could also make it look worse if it’s temporary shock loss. So like you said only time will tell. 

I am getting a second PRP treatment today. 

the first I got 2nd day post op. So it has been about 1.5 months since my operation or 38 days since my my first PRP.

i plan to do another PRP about a month from today and perhaps a 4th 6 months from then or another month after. Time will tell. 

*random tip if you choose to get PRP- I used Groupon at my derm that I see yearly to get my dut prescription refill. Instead of paying $750 per session I ended up only paying $225 with the discount. So look up some coupons or something prior you never know what’s available. 

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, ablurker said:

That's looking good for two months, wow.

I feel like it’s stagnant for me. But that’s just because I look at my hair on the daily. I’m hoping it gets to the point where I can’t tell if I’m making progress or not.