3252 Grafts|HLC|June 2022

Vann

1 hour ago, Vann said:

I feel like it’s stagnant for me. But that’s just because I look at my hair on the daily. I’m hoping it gets to the point where I can’t tell if I’m making progress or not. 

I take daily pictures so I can scroll back a few weeks and see the change. This is a sloooow part.

19 hours ago, ablurker said:

I take daily pictures so I can scroll back a few weeks and see the change. This is a sloooow part.

I did that at first and then the progress was pretty much the same daily. So I started to do it week by week and now it’s month by month lol. I started out good but got too busy. 

6 hours ago, TheEye said:

I'm sure it will get better. I'm looking forward to the results

Thanks, that’s hopefully the case where it exceeds my expectations :) 

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 9/5/2022 at 6:05 AM, TheEye said:

i'm sure it will definitely get better

3 hours ago, SctWls said:

looks very good

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

@Vann you are plum dead centre in the middle of the ugly duck and you look solid. Your donor also has bounced back too I noticed looking back at your pics. Stay the course. 👌

Thank you all, it’s difficult to put it behind you no matter how “minimal/great” you go through the ugly duckling phase because at one point we had hair to not having hair to getting it back. So I know the psyche behind it all it’s just different when it’s directly correlated to you.

The objective opinions of where I am at are very helpful not going to lie. I know how the process works but it’s weird because I try to look at my hair like I’m opening the fridge for the 3rd time in a row expecting there to be new food inside. I know there’s nothing new but it’s the clarity of opening it each time to see if anything appears (despite being the only one to get groceries lol). 

Edited by Vann
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, RTC said:

Fair to say it's similar to the before photo I think. Here's hoping the worst of ugly f*cking duckling is over..

Yeah I think the shockloss is getting better. There are a lot of vellus hairs that are really fragile but wispy... so I am guessing its the transplanted hairs.

However... my temple points are growing out from the slight grafts they added there. Also my right side has recovered some lost ground, I cant tell if its from the trauma of the surgery or the PRP (usually PRP takes time) but the few sessions I had makes me think it wouldnt happen that fast. Yet again I have been a good responder to medications so heres to the future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little over 4 months (approx 126 days post op) 

I gotta say… I am usually an early responder to medications so I am a little disappointed that my hair isn’t fully grown out at the 12 month mark (joking).

but my hair is curling which makes it hard to see the hairs underneath. I will probably get my first cut soon, the sides of my head are growing longer than everything else making me look more bald on top. So once it all reaches the same length I think it’ll be easier to measure. 

however, can’t tell if it’s from the surgery or PRP but my right side temple has almost regrown. I wish I was a little more aggressive with the hairline design looking back now. It’s probably just hair greed. Nonetheless, I am still content with my choice in being more ‘conservative’ of grafts.

C4EDF5EC-3092-40F9-A815-8BAE4EC7C4F7.jpeg

26444AB9-2383-4C1E-AD8E-14FBDD9A07F7.jpeg

CE1E6C79-1E06-4485-AC4B-745DCC6F0461.jpeg

F78AD6FF-1FFC-42B5-894A-B3AAA3665D33.jpeg

6ACC3E33-9232-4DCB-9206-29138D0FE3C9.jpeg

9727E500-779E-4740-8B90-1ADA558450C8.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vann said:

A little over 4 months (approx 126 days post op) 

I gotta say… I am usually an early responder to medications so I am a little disappointed that my hair isn’t fully grown out at the 12 month mark (joking).

but my hair is curling which makes it hard to see the hairs underneath. I will probably get my first cut soon, the sides of my head are growing longer than everything else making me look more bald on top. So once it all reaches the same length I think it’ll be easier to measure. 

however, can’t tell if it’s from the surgery or PRP but my right side temple has almost regrown. I wish I was a little more aggressive with the hairline design looking back now. It’s probably just hair greed. Nonetheless, I am still content with my choice in being more ‘conservative’ of grafts.

C4EDF5EC-3092-40F9-A815-8BAE4EC7C4F7.jpeg

26444AB9-2383-4C1E-AD8E-14FBDD9A07F7.jpeg

CE1E6C79-1E06-4485-AC4B-745DCC6F0461.jpeg

F78AD6FF-1FFC-42B5-894A-B3AAA3665D33.jpeg

6ACC3E33-9232-4DCB-9206-29138D0FE3C9.jpeg

9727E500-779E-4740-8B90-1ADA558450C8.jpeg

Looks great for 4 months! Though my hair grew a bit early, i also have less density in mid scalp as of yet, i think mid scalp takes longer to fill in, also, my front left side is yet to fully grow, i also see some areas that have not yet even entered grow phase. We right on track, we got this😎 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, civic said:

Looks great for 4 months! Though my hair grew a bit early, i also have less density in mid scalp as of yet, i think mid scalp takes longer to fill in, also, my front left side is yet to fully grow, i also see some areas that have not yet even entered grow phase. We right on track, we got this😎 

Hell yeah man. I think your hair is rocking better than mine. So far. My mid scalp looks so much worse than it really does because of the sides of my hair. I added a photo below to show what I’m saying. 

A7BC1AEB-445E-44A4-B0CF-75F3B3E56ADA.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Vann said:

Hell yeah man. I think your hair is rocking better than mine. So far. My mid scalp looks so much worse than it really does because of the sides of my hair. I added a photo below to show what I’m saying. 

A7BC1AEB-445E-44A4-B0CF-75F3B3E56ADA.jpeg

In few months it will all grow in! The reason why my 4 months appears fast grow is because i was practicly bald af😎so any small hair growth makes it look like a big progress, keeping it real. Upon close look you can clearly see my midscalp is very see thru, patience is what we gotta master for the next few months!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, civic said:

In few months it will all grow in! The reason why my 4 months appears fast grow is because i was practicly bald af😎so any small hair growth makes it look like a big progress, keeping it real. Upon close look you can clearly see my midscalp is very see thru, patience is what we gotta master for the next few months!

Yeah, if my hair was more even it wouldn’t be as bad. I’m not in a rush too much. But it’s always nice to see everything unfold.

yours still is better in my opinion because more hair looks like it’s developing.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@Vann these are insane results and you have the perfect hair characteristics! 👌

7 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Wow, awesome result at just 4 months. You are going to have a great result, and as Gatsby is saying, you have the perfect hair characteristics. 

Can not wait to see your 6 months update!

Thanks guys. I think part of the native/existing hair plays a major part in it. Its hard for me to say since I am always looking at it, but I'll take your words to heart :) every compliment I will accept haha.

• 4 weeks later...

A little less than 5.5 months. I think I am experiencing shockloss at its greatest. Hopefully it is temporary and not permanent. Stay tuned for 12 months to confirm that. 

nonetheless here is my update, for those following please let me know your opinions.

75682721-AAC2-407A-9554-175F3283D712.jpeg

2CD91899-AF52-4CEA-85A2-DFD54D34C7A8.jpeg

F67FAB3C-A874-425F-A83E-EA19E9D3D9CC.jpeg

8214620C-E5AD-4D4D-BC84-123754BD1346.jpeg

D6D6F124-DDE3-47B0-BFD5-A424340363EB.jpeg

8058C979-2735-43E9-AA14-841E91E7B6B5.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Drew-83 said:

Hi Vann, what kind of treatment did you do immediately after surgery? Did you also take supplements?

I don’t really take supplements but I have started taking some minerals/vitamins that range from biotin, zinc, to a range of others that help hair and skin. But I don’t think they work that much it’s probably like 2-5% in my opinion. I eat a pretty balanced diet so I can’t really say if it works or not.

I also had 1 PRP session before I left after my operation. In addition I had 3 more sessions each month following. Can’t say that it has worked since it takes some time to yield. I have definitely noticed that my hair shed after the 2nd session but perhaps it’s also due to the transplant. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...