Is this normal? 7 days after transplanted..

• Administrators

That looks to be dried blood. Have you been cleaning the recipient area?

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

That looks to be dried blood. Have you been cleaning the recipient area?

Hi, thank you for the answer!! I was a bit worried because of the black color..

I’m spraying it every 1 hour, and shampooing it 2 times a day

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Yan bio said:

Hi, thank you for the answer!! I was a bit worried because of the black color..

I’m spraying it every 1 hour, and shampooing it 2 times a day

Try to let it soak with conditioner to see if the scabs come off gently.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yan Bio,

personally, I wouldn’t be concerned at this stage. The black or dark red color you were seeing is very likely just dried blood.  Dried blood typically looks darker in color.  In my opinion just follow your doctors postoperative instructions to remove any remaining scabs.

best wishes,

Bill

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

That looks like your scabs dried out and your residual skin is making it look worse. Once your grafts are in they take hold and the skin sheds off. Sometimes the blood can be mixed in with the skin and it holds onto the root making it look worse than it already is.

• Like 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

• 10 months later...

@Yan bio,

It doesn’t look like necrosis but it does look like you’re scabbing up a lot. Did your doctor provide you with any postoperative instructions on how to gently remove the scabs? If so are you following those guidelines? Because usually most people at 7 to 10 days don’t have any scabs left although it’s still possible obviously. In my opinion, make sure you are following your doctors  postoperative instructions for scab removal and everything should be fine.  I wouldn’t expect it to turn into necrosis or anything but keep your eye on it.

best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Edited by Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

12 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Did the clinic offer a touch up to fix the area?

yes, they offered, but I lost some trust due to the overall poor growth/hairline design/etc'. also, sadly, I received messages from different users here about going through necrosis as well, and met other 3 people (beside me) from the same clinic, with necrosis. 

11 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

how does this happen?

I think the doctor wanted a "too good" result. he really did his best, I have no complaints about his caring/attitude. he really wanted to create (that's how he expressed) an "incredibly good/dense result", but growth was very poor (I assume ~%60 of follicles). 

3 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Can you post a picture?

I had it fixed in another clinic 1 week ago, so can't. but it's just a skin bared of grafts/hairs.

28 minutes ago, Yan bio said:

yes, they offered, but I lost some trust due to the overall poor growth/hairline design/etc'. also, sadly, I received messages from different users here about going through necrosis as well, and met other 3 people (beside me) from the same clinic, with necrosis. 

I think the doctor wanted a "too good" result. he really did his best, I have no complaints about his caring/attitude. he really wanted to create (that's how he expressed) an "incredibly good/dense result", but growth was very poor (I assume ~%60 of follicles). 

I had it fixed in another clinic 1 week ago, so can't. but it's just a skin bared of grafts/hairs.

which clinic was this

4 hours ago, Yan bio said:

How did the doctor perform the surgery? I mean when implanting grafts, did he use any antiseptics? What were the post-op instructions?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

how does this happen?

Either incompetence of clinic placing grafts too close suffocating blood supply, unsanitary surgical conditions/equipment or patient error introducing germs and infecting his scalp. The last one can only happen if it’s immediately after surgery because the body closes wounds really fast so clinic rather than patient error is more likely.

It’s so rare though, I have only read horror stories from India/Pakistan where uneducated technicians operate in dirty conditions causing serious infections and deaths. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Either incompetence of clinic placing grafts too close suffocating blood supply, unsanitary surgical conditions/equipment or patient error introducing germs and infecting his scalp. The last one can only happen if it’s immediately after surgery because the body closes wounds really fast so clinic rather than patient error is more likely.

It’s so rare though, I have only read horror stories from India/Pakistan where uneducated technicians operate in dirty conditions causing serious infections and deaths. 

It goes to show that sometimes perfectionism comes with a cost and most of the times it's the patient who pays it. 

It really sucks to be at the end of the blade when it comes to a HT. I know every clinic is different but there is no denying that you are taking a risk by the moment you book your surgery no matter who you chose. 

4 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

From op's old post it appears it was with Dr.Maras in HDC If I ain't mistaken. 

can someone tag their representative on this forum? he is quite active but i forgot his name

is this normal? 

I receivedmessages from different users here about going through necrosis as well, and met other 3 people (beside me) from the same clinic, with necrosis. 

Just now, mr_peanutbutter said:

can someone tag their representative on this forum? he is quite active but i forgot his name

is this normal? 

I receivedmessages from different users here about going through necrosis as well, and met other 3 people (beside me) from the same clinic, with necrosis. 

@Doron Harati