Is this normal? 7 days after transplanted..

The clinic I've been to is a good clinic, with mostly positive results, good reputation, and is recommended on this forum.

The customer service was very quick, sincere and full of emphaty.

The doctor really did everything he can to provide me with an excellent result. I know for a fact he tried to get the best he possibily can, and he had put a lot of effort into this. 

Whether he tried to 'over' dense-pack ± there was too much of adrenaline being used, or everything was ok and I was just part of the less positive side of statistics - I really don't know. 

16 hours ago, Turkhair said:

How did the doctor perform the surgery? I mean when implanting grafts, did he use any antiseptics? What were the post-op instructions?

He performed it like in any other top clinic. of course we used antiseptics. actually there was no infection, so I'm not sure why you ask this, I hope this is not because you have some intention to de-legitimize this clinic. 

16 hours ago, Turkhair said:

Either incompetence of clinic placing grafts too close suffocating blood supply, unsanitary surgical conditions/equipment or patient error introducing germs and infecting his scalp. The last one can only happen if it’s immediately after surgery because the body closes wounds really fast so clinic rather than patient error is more likely.

It’s so rare though, I have only read horror stories from India/Pakistan where uneducated technicians operate in dirty conditions causing serious infections and deaths. 

It wasn't an ideal experience, true, but I'd definitely would never call this "horror story".

15 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Doron was not my representative, he has nothing to do with this case. 

• 1 month later...

Any update here? I feel sorry that you got a bad experience with HDC...
Did HDC offered you money back for the lost grafts because of the necrosis ? For the necrosis on your recipient area the surgeon is the responsible for it, so in your case Dr Maras.

Edited by BaldGuy

22 hours ago, BaldGuy said:

Any update here? I feel sorry that you got a bad experience with HDC...
Did HDC offered you money back for the lost grafts because of the necrosis ? For the necrosis on your recipient area the surgeon is the responsible for it, so in your case Dr Maras.

Hi, I decided to fix/improve it elsewhere.

No, I didn't ask for money-back, and HDC didn't offer that. They did offered free touch-up though.

While my result is very disappointing, it's important to remember no medical treatment if "risk-free"/100% guaranteed, even under good hands. I guess that's life and sometimes you're on the wrong side of statistics. It doesn't mean it's a bad clinic/doctor. 

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:57 PM, Yan bio said:

Hi, I decided to fix/improve it elsewhere.

No, I didn't ask for money-back, and HDC didn't offer that. They did offered free touch-up though.

While my result is very disappointing, it's important to remember no medical treatment if "risk-free"/100% guaranteed, even under good hands. I guess that's life and sometimes you're on the wrong side of statistics. It doesn't mean it's a bad clinic/doctor. 

oh okay...so you decied to do a repair in other clinic and not to HDC...did the other clinic tell you any explanation for your dissapoining result with HDC?

Yea i know that hair transpslant success result in not guaranteed, there is always risk..., but at least they should offer money back to go to other clinic to fix it, so you dont have to pay 2 times to fix your problem, which should have been finished with one procedure..

Edited by BaldGuy