Recipient area not looking great (8 days post procedure)

Am really seeing a positive difference in your hairline!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when the 5% foam minoxidil came on the market and many guys were giving great reviews so I decided to switch from the lower liquid strength that I had been using for many years…WELL, to my surprise, my entire scalp experienced shock or it was an acute shed, and it took 12 months or so to recover.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Yan bio said:

5 months is too soon to use fibers???

I think perhaps he means he doesn’t want to have a large adjustment to his hair? Maybe because he has gradually rocked the way it looks and if he suddenly had a fuller looking hair it would be against what he wants?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

There is definitely an improvement and not too early to use fibers.

Gillenator

• 1 month later...

6.5 months:

Things have been pretty much stagnant since month 5. While I do get complements thanks to a new hairline, the top is patchy and there’s a significant bold spot where the infection was. Overall, a poor result and I will obviously need another a repair. Not at all what I was expecting.

5024CAE6-BB14-4C6F-9AAE-A94EEEDF2C26.thumb.jpeg.039164b1c5f569fdcebe5f496fd5691d.jpeg

Going back to the first page, it does seem to me that the growth is less in the areas that struggled to heal, including the empty spot where the worst of the scabbing was.

I realize it’s too early to make a final assessment, but have you been in contact with the clinic at all?

At 6.5 months, I believe that you still have some more growth coming so please keep us updated on your progress.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

If I were you, I would have:

1. try to examine on a month to month basis

2. not having an hair-cut, just letting it grow!

3. stay optimistic, there will be more growth

4. why oh why don't use you use concealers? dermatch and toppik can be so helpful and stress-relievers. I'm 100% sure if you conceal a bit more you feel much less anxiety.

Edited by Yan bio
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Yan bio said:

4. why oh why don't use you use concealers? dermatch and toppik can be so helpful and stress-relievers. I'm 100% sure if you conceal a bit more you feel much less anxiety.

I stared using toppik. Of course it helps a lot but it’s disappointing that I need to use it.

14 hours ago, Parasol said:

but have you been in contact with the clinic at all?

I did. They said wait until 12 months and they’ll do a repair if needed. I doubt I’ll go back there for a repair tbh.

56 minutes ago, zerocool said:

I stared using toppik. Of course it helps a lot but it’s disappointing that I need to use it.

I did. They said wait until 12 months and they’ll do a repair if needed. I doubt I’ll go back there for a repair tbh.

I think the main reason to use toppik is just to let those 5.5 months pass without too much doubts/anxiety...

• Like 1

I mean it was steady and slow growth from the beginning. Lets play devils advocate and assume this is the best it will get. Over time it can only improve as it grows. Just remember there are people who fully mature at 12+ months (some even 20).

Im about 6 months in and I am not completely happy with where I am at but I am seeing my hairs change texture and getting thicker. I still have some spots that are getting better from shockloss. Everyone heals at a different pace, just stay strong for now and let time do its thing.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

Time tells all things.

Gillenator

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I’m now 20 months after my transplant. Overall things haven’t improved much since I last posted. The area that was wounded had zero growth. Overall, behind the hairline I look quite patchy considering the number of grafts that were transplanted so while I do look better, I consider this transplant a failure. 

I’m booked for a 3rd transplant with a top tier surgeon for January in order to get my crown done as well as repair the area behind my hairline. 

Planning to start topical min to get my crown under control before the transplant as I believe there is hair to save there and my donor is almost fully depleted.

Here’s how it looks now. My hair is slightly longer than usual here which helps a bit:

IMG_3530.thumb.jpeg.0b03401c5acbf698917b0f07879e594c.jpeg

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, zerocool said:

I’m now 20 months after my transplant. Overall things haven’t improved much since I last posted. The area that was wounded had zero growth. Overall, behind the hairline I look quite patchy considering the number of grafts that were transplanted so while I do look better, I consider this transplant a failure. 

I’m booked for a 3rd transplant with a top tier surgeon for January in order to get my crown done as well as repair the area behind my hairline. 

Planning to start topical min to get my crown under control before the transplant as I believe there is hair to save there and my donor is almost fully depleted.

Here’s how it looks now. My hair is slightly longer than usual here which helps a bit:

IMG_3530.thumb.jpeg.0b03401c5acbf698917b0f07879e594c.jpeg

Can you post a before photo for comparison?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2024 at 9:11 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Can you post a before photo for comparison?

You can find the before pictures earlier in this thread in my posts from Sept 30th 2022. 

Edited by zerocool