Help needed with choosing HT clinic

Good evening fellas, I finally decided to do HT surgery, but for the past 5 days I was surfing all possible forums for trustworthy info about clinics and Dr’s, since a lot of posts (reddit, etc), and forums advertising fake reviews by clinics, bots, whatever. So at this point I don’t even know where is true reviews and where’s fake. I hope here I can find some real people with knowledge and experience to at least discard some options.
I’m Norwood IV, living in the US, willing to travel, budget is pretty low tbh, 5000-6000 euro at max unfortunately. I’ll attach pictures.
I assume my best option according to my budget will be Turkey. But so scared to get hairmills clinic.
So far I got couple options, let me know what you think.
Dr. Bicer
Dr. Pekiner (expensive I assume)
HLC
Dr. Turan, Dr. Gur (FUEcapillar)
Dr. Erdogan
Dr. Bircan ( cheapest one)
Everything else looks like straight up hairmills, let me know if I’m missing something. I’ll still continue with my research but as far as I know I can’t afford any Europe docs. 

attached pics. Dr. Bircan said I need ~4000 grafts.

9D6CC95A-D521-403B-94A2-CBE255524F68.jpeg

A9CA8523-859C-4FF2-9D2E-91D2872B5BC2.jpeg

E226EDB4-91C1-444E-8E44-7920316CD427.jpeg

F51496C3-FC48-42CA-9CBD-721CE1195D17.jpeg

13CD0F37-FFF0-4FF6-9EBE-9CF72BE887FF.jpeg

Stay away from Erdogan. He is really terrible and unethical and has a lot of poor results on all hairloss forums. 

Bircan is a hairmill. 

Bicer, gur, hlc, pekiner are okay if your are on a budget although they are not comparable to the best in Spain/Portugal/Belgium. 

Turan is okay too but Gur is a but better. 

I'd reallt try to save for an elite surgeon. 

You get what you pay for. 

Crown work is difficult and Turkish surgeons are definitely not the best for tackling vertex specifically...

Have you looked into Zarev/Sethi/Pitella/Pinto ? 

• Thanks 2

is the budget including plane ticket? if so, then your option would be very limited.

iirc the one you can afford are :
1. dr. yaman @1 eur
2. FUEcapilar @1.25 eur
3. demirsoy @1.5 eur

bicer's a safe option but iirc shes @2 eur if not 2.5.
can't say much of HLC because i'm not really knowledgeable about them, if you can, then i suggest on having at least FUEcapilar since lately some of dr yaman result has been less than satisfactory, mostly on the temple work.

if your budget already include accomodation and logistic, then dr.demirsoy is also out of budget for you unless you're willing to get less graft.
I have no idea who dr bircan is, but it's best you stay away from erdogan since your pricing point means that it's the technician working on you, which is the same as a hair mill.

if that 6k is just for the operation, i suppose you "barely" have enough, but otherwise, you should save up a little bit more for a few months. 

6 minutes ago, mafpe said:

is the budget including plane ticket? if so, then your option would be very limited.

iirc the one you can afford are :
1. dr. yaman @1 eur
2. FUEcapilar @1.25 eur
3. demirsoy @1.5 eur

bicer's a safe option but iirc shes @2 eur if not 2.5.
can't say much of HLC because i'm not really knowledgeable about them, if you can, then i suggest on having at least FUEcapilar since lately some of dr yaman result has been less than satisfactory, mostly on the temple work.

if your budget already include accomodation and logistic, then dr.demirsoy is also out of budget for you unless you're willing to get less graft.
I have no idea who dr bircan is, but it's best you stay away from erdogan since your pricing point means that it's the technician working on you, which is the same as a hair mill.

if that 6k is just for the operation, i suppose you "barely" have enough, but otherwise, you should save up a little bit more for a few months. 

I agree except for Yaman.

He is a nice guy but he is not safe...

I have seen several cases of damaged donor area as well as couple botched jobs. 

In my honest opinion the risk is way too high.

Demirsoy is decent although his donor management is sometimes poor... I believe Gur/Turan are a bit better. 

Erdogan was removed from this forum for a good reason. 

At 2.5€ per graft you can get MUCH better. 

Can't believe the Hair Transplant Mentor is advertising him...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

HLC is okay. I was considering them but they have quite a few subpar results here and on alopeziede. Of course they are significantly better and safer than Erdogan but at 2.5 to 3€ per graft Spain/Portugal has better options in terms of quality and consistency...

15 minutes ago, A homerun is a botched job said:

I agree except for Yaman.

He is a nice guy but he is not safe...

I have seen several cases of damaged donor area as well as couple botched jobs. 

In my honest opinion the risk is way too high.

Demirsoy is decent although his donor management is sometimes poor... I believe Gur/Turan are a bit better. 

Erdogan was removed from this forum for a good reason. 

At 2.5€ per graft you can get MUCH better. 

Can't believe the Hair Transplant Mentor is advertising him...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

HLC is okay. I was considering them but they have quite a few subpar results here and on alopeziede. Of course they are significantly better and safer than Erdogan but at 2.5 to 3€ per graft Spain/Portugal has better options in terms of quality and consistency...

yeah, which is on the sentences after the list i said best to at least get FUEcapilar since yaman's work lately has been unsatisfactory.

the temple angling isnt a one or two odd case, perhaps he had a new technician coming in making those incision, or if it's his own, either way the angling is all wrong.

i can't really compare demirsoy to fuecapilar since to be honest i haven't seen many fuecapilar work, but so far all i see seems good. can't say much on demirsoy donor management because i can't tell the difference mostly, and some of the complaint i see on him is non growing grafts, which is also rare but devastating on 1 case i know.

i had dr demirsoy for my HT, but i have a bit of mixed feeling on the graft placement by the nurse, i know some mishaps is to be expected but i just saw a multigraft on my temple, and a few in the front. thankfully none of them are in the very front row. although them being in the second or later row is still a little visible, it's still not great, but considering the pricing, and that i don't mind a few stragglers, it's still acceptable for me.

i havent seen much on dr gur because he is on a new brand? i can't find fuecapilar until last april or so. so far though, all the post here on the work by fuecapilar seems good. pity no long term result yet but they are promising, i think.

5 hours ago, Spring15 said:

I'd say Dr Couto but he's not taking patients at the moment. 

Like others said stay away from Erdogan. I'm going with Dr Bicer later in the year - she has solid results

I’ll consider but I think he’s way too expensive for me. Will consult with FUEcapillar see what they’ll say

Edited by PeppaFrog

6 hours ago, A homerun is a botched job said:

Stay away from Erdogan. He is really terrible and unethical and has a lot of poor results on all hairloss forums. 

Bircan is a hairmill. 

Bicer, gur, hlc, pekiner are okay if your are on a budget although they are not comparable to the best in Spain/Portugal/Belgium. 

Crown work is difficult and Turkish surgeons are definitely not the best for tackling vertex specifically...

I haven’t even heard those names, I’ll go look right now, but again elite surgeons charge 10000+ which I simply can’t afford.

You are Grade 3V on the Norwood Hamilton scale of baldness. You shall require 1500 to 1800 grafts in the hairline and temples. For the crown, you shall require around 1700 grafts. You can also take finasteride for the preservation of the pre existing hair. This medication shall prolong baldness in your scalp. However, you can try the medication first for a couple of months and observe if it suits you, i.e. if you do not have side effects with it and then you can decide whether to take it or not. You get the medication in oral as well as topical forms.

31 minutes ago, Eugenix Hair Sciences said:

You are Grade 3V on the Norwood Hamilton scale of baldness. You shall require 1500 to 1800 grafts in the hairline and temples. For the crown, you shall require around 1700 grafts. You can also take finasteride for the preservation of the pre existing hair. This medication shall prolong baldness in your scalp. However, you can try the medication first for a couple of months and observe if it suits you, i.e. if you do not have side effects with it and then you can decide whether to take it or not. You get the medication in oral as well as topical forms.

I appreciate your assessment, I’m currently on finasteride for the past 2 years, no side effects but not a lot of results either.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PeppaFrog said:

I appreciate your assessment, I’m currently on finasteride for the past 2 years, no side effects but not a lot of results either.

Thank you for your reply. You can have a consultation with our doctors if you would like to. Please do inbox us your contact number and email id and we can arrange the consultation for you via video call or phone call (whichever you prefer).

8 hours ago, PeppaFrog said:

I haven’t even heard those names, I’ll go look right now, but again elite surgeons charge 10000+ which I simply can’t afford.

I agree. 

But Pinto is 3€ per graft. He is excellent and definitelt affordable. 

It's not like Konior who is like 12 to 14$ per grafts 🔥😂

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I think Dr Nader is your best bet for that price point, especially once factoring in travel costs since you said you live in the US. Nader is in Reynosa Mexico. 

I looked it up and it’s seems pretty legit, but I can’t find any of his work here on this forum for some reason, so I was wondering if anybody else have experience with dr. Nader from Mexico. 

In Mexico there's Dr. Nader and there's HCM clinic with Dr. Cortez in Tijuana. They'll pick you up from San Diego, I believe. 

There's also Dr. Camacho in Bogota, Colombia who does nice work. I hear they take nice care of you there, too. 

There's a couple in Brazil, too.

16 hours ago, MachoVato said:

In Mexico there's Dr. Nader and there's HCM clinic with Dr. Cortez in Tijuana. They'll pick you up from San Diego, I believe. 

There's also Dr. Camacho in Bogota, Colombia who does nice work. I hear they take nice care of you there, too. 

There's a couple in Brazil, too.

I appreciate sharing those names, I’ll look them up, Dr. Nader seems legit, and especially it’s 4 hours drive from me. But he hasn’t replied on email yet. 

Nader is notorious for taking long to respond. Partially because his quality/price point ratio is best in North America it seems. Part of the way he keeps price point low is keeping staff count low, so that and the fact that his services are in demand take for longer response times. Keep trying if you want to go with him. But expect it to be at least December before you get in 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:55 AM, A homerun is a botched job said:

Bircan is a hairmill. 

Hey buddy, just wondering: why do you prefer dr. Gur over dr. Turan? 🙂

I've got my HT scheduled with dr. Turan in August and I just need to make sure that I am making the right call. I've done my research, but I've got no bias - looking for honest opinions. Thanks in advance ✌️

4 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Nader is notorious for taking long to respond. Partially because his quality/price point ratio is best in North America it seems. Part of the way he keeps price point low is keeping staff count low, so that and the fact that his services are in demand take for longer response times. Keep trying if you want to go with him. But expect it to be at least December before you get in 

Damn, December you talking about actual appt., or just email respond by December 🤣, is there any other ways besides his website and email I can in touch with him? 
I’ll keep trying ofc. See what FUEcapillar will say. But Dr. Nader seems very good according to this forum’s reviews, I haven’t seen bad ones, besides guy who has almost 0 visible results after 7 months post-op. If anybody else have experience bad or good with Dr. Nader please share it here so I can make right no-biased choice. 

Edited by PeppaFrog

36 minutes ago, PeppaFrog said:

Damn, December you talking about actual appt., or just email respond by December 🤣, is there any other ways besides his website and email I can in touch with him? 
I’ll keep trying ofc. See what FUEcapillar will say. But Dr. Nader seems very good according to this forum’s reviews, I haven’t seen bad ones, besides guy who has almost 0 visible results after 7 months post-op. If anybody else have experience bad or good with Dr. Nader please share it here so I can make right no-biased choice. 

I’m trying to get in touch with Dr. Nader since April of this year. The first two emails took two weeks each for him or his assistance to respond. I’m now waiting on his third email response and it has been 4 weeks already. I sent him a follow-up email last weekend in case he missed it. 

im now debating to just go with Dr. Cortez

Edited by Yaka

13 hours ago, PeppaFrog said:

December for an actual appointment. Keep trying I was sending follow up emails weekly at one point 

13 hours ago, PeppaFrog said:

Also can you link to the thread of the guy who has seen no growth by month 7? 

1 hour ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Interesting. First time I've heard of a bad result coming out of Nader's clinic. Was the guys 3rd HT so maybe that has something to do with it? It's also still very early, people say 12 months wait period for a reason 

This is the op ... 3rd ht ... But all were small ... More for cosmetic reasons because of the career I was in . 1st was in '98 ( 750 grafts ) 2nd was 2008 (1200 grafts ) 3rd was 12/2021 (1726) grafts .  Had I not taken a harsh steroid in 2015 ... I would not have needed the most recent one . 

Anyhow, just giving some insight on the 3 hts and how small they were compared to others on the forum