Help needed with choosing HT clinic

20 minutes ago, eb21007 said:

This is the op ... 3rd ht ... But all were small ... More for cosmetic reasons because of the career I was in . 1st was in '98 ( 750 grafts ) 2nd was 2008 (1200 grafts ) 3rd was 12/2021 (1726) grafts .  Had I not taken a harsh steroid in 2015 ... I would not have needed the most recent one . 

Anyhow, just giving some insight on the 3 hts and how small they were compared to others on the forum 

Thanks for an update, hopefully you will see what expected by 12 months mark.  Your post was very helpful for people like me who’s consider Dr. Nader as his future ht doctor.

Edited by PeppaFrog

18 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I started taking a Testosterone supplement 6 months ago (Not thinking how it would effect my hair) and it definitely seemed not to help at the very least... So I know the struggle

I will be very transparent with you .. do not take the  steroid tren . It will wreck your hair. I got big on it but paid for it with hairloss . Like I said , had I not taken it 2015 ... I would not have needed a 3rd touch up 

4 minutes ago, eb21007 said:

I will be very transparent with you .. do not take the  steroid tren . It will wreck your hair. I got big on it but paid for it with hairloss . Like I said , had I not taken it 2015 ... I would not have needed a 3rd touch up 

Oh trust me I'd never take steroids. I was on DHEA which is an over the counter non prescription supplement. Basically a precursor to testosterone. 

18 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I started taking a Testosterone supplement 6 months ago (Not thinking how it would effect my hair) and it definitely seemed not to help at the very least... So I know the struggle

You're taking testosterone injections?

1 minute ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

No no, it's DHEA. It's a supplement in pill form, you let it dissolve under your tongue. You can buy it in any vitamin store. 

Ok. Have you taken a blood test to check your test levels?  I doubt DHEA is increasing your test levels enough to make a difference. 

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Ok. Have you taken a blood test to check your test levels?  I doubt DHEA is increasing your test levels enough to make a difference. 

Yes I was at 510 or 590 (Cant remember which) when I tested about a year ago. So basically totally normal amount, maybe slightly low for my age (33 years old). DHEA was recommended by a doctor along with a few other supplements. I noticed a genuine improvement on DHEA but never got my bloodwork done after having been on it so can't say whether it raised my testosterone or by how much. 

Nevertheless, I am off of it now for fear that it will speed up my hair loss. 

That's all in range, although a little low. You could also look at your estrogen levels, as it impacts stress/anxiety.  My test was over 800 a few months ago without any TRT and I'm 51. Today I'm on TRT and my test is over 1200. 💪

Genetics are stubborn. Finasteride/dutasteride are not perfect but they are the best chance at keeping your hair. My transplants have been the biggest improvement to my life in many years. I'm still on meds and will be for the rest of my life. And probably testosterone, too. 

Sorry to derail the thread. :)

34 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

That's all in range, although a little low. You could also look at your estrogen levels, as it impacts stress/anxiety.  My test was over 800 a few months ago without any TRT and I'm 51. Today I'm on TRT and my test is over 1200. 💪

Genetics are stubborn. Finasteride/dutasteride are not perfect but they are the best chance at keeping your hair. My transplants have been the biggest improvement to my life in many years. I'm still on meds and will be for the rest of my life. And probably testosterone, too. 

Sorry to derail the thread. :)

How did you get prescribed TRT at 800? And why did you want TRT at 800? Due to also wanting to take Fin? Won't the fin and TRT kind of counteract one another? 

3 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

How did you get prescribed TRT at 800? And why did you want TRT at 800? Due to also wanting to take Fin? Won't the fin and TRT kind of counteract one another? 

It's a long story but the short answer is that my clinic is treating symptoms, not the numbers. Weight gain, mood, anxiety, sleep, libido. All my meds are prescribed by a doctor and come from a pharmacy, no illegal gear.

I'm increasing my testosterone and adding deca (not tren, as mentioned above), which puts me in PED/steroids territory, although a mild dosage, and relative "hair safe" combo. Finasteride actually increases your test levels, since it prevents the 5ar enzyme from converting it to DHT.

Ye, Dr. Nader completely unreachable idk, I emailed thru their official email, and his assistant Brenda I believe, also called the clinic and left voice mail on his personal ph. No response whatsoever, even automated ones. Sadge, FUEcapillar said I’ll need 900-1000 on my crown, which I think not enough but I’m not an expert, and around 2000 on my front line, Dr. Turan will do DHI, if Dr. Nader will not respond I guess I’ll go with Turkey, let me know what y’all think about FUEcapillar and Dr. Turan, as far as my research that’s not hairmill.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2022 at 12:09 AM, THE TRUTH said:

I agree except for Yaman.

He is a nice guy but he is not safe...

I have seen several cases of damaged donor area as well as couple botched jobs. 

In my honest opinion the risk is way too high.

Demirsoy is decent although his donor management is sometimes poor... I believe Gur/Turan are a bit better. 

Erdogan was removed from this forum for a good reason. 

At 2.5€ per graft you can get MUCH better. 

Can't believe the Hair Transplant Mentor is advertising him...🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

HLC is okay. I was considering them but they have quite a few subpar results here and on alopeziede. Of course they are significantly better and safer than Erdogan but at 2.5 to 3€ per graft Spain/Portugal has better options in terms of quality and consistency...

Who would you recommend in Spain/Portugal that’s around 2.5 per graft ?

6 minutes ago, Royce said:

Who would you recommend in Spain/Portugal that’s around 2.5 per graft ?

Pinto  & Freitas would be my first choice in Portugal. He was 2.6 now I believe he raised to 3.0. Freitas is 3.5 for the first 2500 grafts then drops the price to 2.5. 

Ximena & Ferreira would be my second choice. She's still at 2.5 whereas Ferreira raised to 3.5

Hans Heinecke, Felicidad Espinosa Medecap and BHR Malaga are also decent options. 

But as I always say you have to do your own research. Transplants are never guaranteed even with the best doctors. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/20/2022 at 1:55 AM, THE TRUTH said:

Stay away from Erdogan. He is really terrible and unethical and has a lot of poor results on all hairloss forums. 

Bircan is a hairmill. 

Bicer, gur, hlc, pekiner are okay if your are on a budget although they are not comparable to the best in Spain/Portugal/Belgium. 

Turan is okay too but Gur is a but better. 

I'd reallt try to save for an elite surgeon. 

You get what you pay for. 

Crown work is difficult and Turkish surgeons are definitely not the best for tackling vertex specifically...

Have you looked into Zarev/Sethi/Pitella/Pinto ? 

I’ve heard Pekiner and maybe bicer is pretty close to those other docs I mentioned. 

where do path laorwong nader camacho fit in w these docs ?

On 6/22/2022 at 4:21 PM, PeppaFrog said:

Thanks for an update, hopefully you will see what expected by 12 months mark.  Your post was very helpful for people like me who’s consider Dr. Nader as his future ht doctor.

Are you no longer considering Nader I have seen and heard nothing but good things.. curious ur thoughts ?

On 6/20/2022 at 6:37 PM, PeppaFrog said:

I looked it up and it’s seems pretty legit, but I can’t find any of his work here on this forum for some reason, so I was wondering if anybody else have experience with dr. Nader from Mexico. 

I was able to find his work on forum. Looks good also found on Reddit. U able to find it yet if so what u think of him ?

On 6/22/2022 at 4:01 PM, eb21007 said:

This is the op ... 3rd ht ... But all were small ... More for cosmetic reasons because of the career I was in . 1st was in '98 ( 750 grafts ) 2nd was 2008 (1200 grafts ) 3rd was 12/2021 (1726) grafts .  Had I not taken a harsh steroid in 2015 ... I would not have needed the most recent one . 

Anyhow, just giving some insight on the 3 hts and how small they were compared to others on the forum 

Would u not recommended Nader then what do u think went wrong?